90 Warden solo help

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Dallicat, Oct 31, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Dallicat Guest

My main is a 90 warden and as soon as i hit 90 i left him alone and worked on my alts. Just recently i got the 90crafted BG armor thinking it would make me awesome, but it didnt. I mainly solo but do have access to a 90 sk i can two box with, and i was wondering if you guys have any suggestions for gear and such that i could get. Like i said i usually solo, and im looking for any help that could make me a better soloer. im melee specced but willing to change if it makes it better.
  2. ARCHIVED-Generic123 Guest

I guess that depends on what you want to solo. If you just mean solo mobs/quests things should fall over almost as soon as you start hitting them. If you want to solo names in Library you probably want some raid dropped gear and bite of the wolf (Warden mythical weapon)

For the former get:
    Your crit chance up to 100% then work on other things
    one of the hammers from the mark vender for 20 marks.
    a good haste item. Unfortunately these are kind of rare, there is a belt you can occasionally find on the broker which is ok even though it doesn't have any Wis. Barring that there are some expensive mark items or the level 80 shard gloves.
    some multi attack items. Again these are kind of hard to find with Wis on them, but sacrificing a little Wis is worth it.
    your Wis as high as you can, even without raid/high end group drops you should be able to get it over 1200
    as much +crit bonus and +potency as you can
    Key AA's are litany of combat (TSO), Bladed Expertise (TSO), force of nature (Warden tab), glacial assault (final TSO), your CA's (Warden tab), Wild ferocity (Druid tab Str tree). There are some other good ones as well, like the upgrades to instinct but these are your priorities. For other AA's look at additional melee attacks and abilities that enhance your damage output. More hit points is also nice.
    Expert/Master heals, warden of the forest should give you lots of survivability. Don't forget to use the research assistant to get those Experts up to Master.

Raid drops and fabled group drops open up some options for soling some ^^ and ^^^, but for these you need to get your mythical for it's power buff, it procs power every time you get a crit heal. To get it, you need to finish the level 80 epic weapon quest + the level 90 epic repercussions quest. Partd of the former will likely still need a group but you ay be able to 2-box them. The latter will need a group for some parts.
  3. ARCHIVED-gatrm Guest

Generic123 wrote:
    Just to clarify the highlighted portion. The mythical used to have a 50% chance to proc on a critical heal. Now it has a 50% chance to proc when a healing spell is used.
    As far as the OP's question on gear- Try to get a group to go to Ward of Elements- the mobs that drop the patterns can be easily one grouped, and possibly less depending on your gear/makeup/dps etc. There is some nice "hybrid" gear there that is relatively easy to get that has wis and melee stats. There is very little leather t9 gear that has wis and melee stats on it. The WoE gloves are the best I've seen for melee dps for healers because they have ~40 haste as well as other stats.
    If you have the crafted BG armor anyway, you may as well do BG's to get some of the token armor- if you have the patience for them. I generally don't.
  4. ARCHIVED-NolaDragon Guest

This is a question in reference to the mention of a Hybrid Warden. Mostly for solo and oddball groups
    When I think Hybrid (maybe its from when we used to have str and int for dmg stat) Im thinking a cross between casting and mele dmg. The use of Infusion and Natural boon together for the dmg while heal and heal while dmg.
    And for PvP I find it a very potent combo. This is in T4 though.
    So Im just wondering At Lvl 90 or even the 80's , Is it worth it to pick up all the added nukeing dmg you can get , while still being spec'd for mele?
    It just seems, PvP wise and even for heroic content solo , That being able to do some good nuke dmg with mele , leads to more kills. Plus boosting your ordination(for group root) and focus really helps out.
    By the way , i dont have access to the AA's past RoK .... so forgive my ignorance. Im just waitin for that next expansion ...hehe.
  5. ARCHIVED-gatrm Guest

First of all, when I mentioned "Hybrid", I wasn't talking about the warden or the spec. I was talking about a specific set of gear available in the t8 x2 raid zone "Ward of Elements" or WoE. It is a set of fabled gear and there is a primary set of class specific, roll specific gear designed for each class or subclass, as well as a set of what is described as "hybrid gear" in the description of the gear, which was a more dps oriented set of gear. This hybrid gear is now very useful for a melee healer for dps gear, or at least to suppliment what said healer is able to obtain in SF.
    With the changes brought on by Sentinal's Fate, and consolidation of stats, most gear can be used moderately well whether you are nuking, meleeing, or healing.
    However, to maximize melee dps, you will want to also get dps mod, double attack, and haste, none of which is available on healing or wisdom-heavy gear in the SF expansion.
    Because of the availability of and ease of gaining gear with casting speed and spell reuse, casting is a viable alternative to using combat arts, however I would still be in there meleeing with autoattack if using spells, so I guess you could call that hybrid, but my reference was really to the specific set of gear.
    >>>>So Im just wondering At Lvl 90 or even the 80's , Is it worth it to pick up all the added nukeing dmg you can get , while still being spec'd for mele?<<<<
    Pretty much any AA you have that enhances the damage of nukes works on your CAs, so I'm not really sure what you are getting at here. If you are talking about upgrading the spells...Sure, you may as well because you might find that you need to be at range on some fights.
    For the record, I used to consider Hybrid to be a mix of healing and dps.....where by there used to be two specs, DPS spec or Heal Spec.....with the dps including both str and int lines....but now you can get everything- unless you insist on the cure line which is really imo not all that useful.
  6. ARCHIVED-NolaDragon Guest

Thanx gatrm , It makes more sense now with your more indepth explanation.
    I guess I am thinking prior SO ... and the way the gear was set up for RoK.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    gatrm said :
    Pretty much any AA you have that enhances the damage of nukes works on your CAs, so I'm not really sure what you are getting at here. If you are talking about upgrading the spells...Sure, you may as well because you might find that you need to be at range on some fights.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Well the mele dmg is enhanced by warden CA line and the old Str line on druid tree ... then the nuke dmg is enhanced by int line ,and now both with crits on sta line. If there is any nuke specific on the SO line , Im not privy to it.
    I guess what I was getting at more was gear that might be specific to hostile spells vs CA's.
    I also try and get my subj a little ways above par for the single root and snare (very handy pvp and pet charm if you like that sort of thing)
    I see that with 80+ there is alot more factors to increasing ones dmg. And it looks like the gear follows suit.
    Just a side note question .... would KoS raid gear be any good for 80 BG's? I seem to do allright in the 70's (lvl 76 on AB) ... gettin bored of T4 naggey on my other warden. And sometimes you just want to read some more mature chat. Although there are some decent peeps there. Its just the bunch that betray back and forth because more sheep are on that side that sux.
  7. ARCHIVED-everittdaniel Guest

How exactly DO you get 100% melee crit? I've looked on the various AAs and unless I'm missing something totally obvious, I can't see one that does it.

(Yes, I'm a rookie warden.)
  8. ARCHIVED-Generic123 Guest

everittdaniel wrote:
    SF gear. Prior to 80 you'll probably not be able to get there so you'll need to settle for what you can get in the Druid tab and a % here and there from gear.
  9. ARCHIVED-gatrm Guest

everitt- remember that crit is crit with consolidation, so it's just 100% crit, and while it's easy to do with both TSO and SF gear, you will struggle to hit that mark pre TSO. It may not be possible pre TSO.
    Nola- KoS raid gear will be significantly underpowered in BG's. VP raid gear might be a bit better, but mastercrafted might be best. Course, I don't know with the changes to toughness. In my occasional forays into BG, my PVE geared toons are standing more of a chance to survive since the toughness nerf, because they can actually hurt the PVP geared toons some. The 80s BG is more similar to the 70s BG than either is to the 90s BG, but tbh, I find the 30s BG to be the most fun.
    And I wouldn't bother with subjugation, disruption, ordination, or ministration as a melee healer. I was not thinking along those lines when you asked about caster stats. I was thinking about ability mod, casting speed, reuse, potency, etc. If you don't have Sentinal's Fate, then you won't have the availability of the casting speed, potency, critbonus, and large amounts of multi attack and crit that is available on the SF gear, so your gearing options will be more limited.
    If you don't have SF, then you should read WClarry's advice on gear/AAs, because, although I would tweak them a bit, they are good enough for your needs.
  10. ARCHIVED-hortefoutre Guest

If you want ranged dps betray for fury. The warden is designed to be a melee priest. Use the warden branch in the warden tree, all the melee AAs in shadow and the str line.
    I tried the ranged spec, with the int line but it works poorly, warden nukes are not that good. It may be an option in raids but for solo or x1 grouping it's not very good.