80% bleedthrough in expert zones.

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ShinyAddict, Mar 7, 2017.

1. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Its less of Pot issue more like
    Have you spend like $85 to GM both your epic 2.0 skills
    Have you invested about $70 per GMing DPS Ascending skills
    Are you at level 10 Ascending
    If answer on all those question - yes - sure you if not faceroll zones but at least enjoy the pace of doing those zones
  2. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

Well, my point about shrouded is that it is a good heroic zone to farm since it is short. If you do not have all of the 1k potency items from shrouded normal heroic yet, then you should be spending all of your group time in there, just like I log in and hope that my tank is on so we can do the expert version until we all have our 1.2k potency items from there.

Believe me, that 45 minutes you spend in normal heroic shrouded is some of the most worth it 45 minutes of this expansion. Sure you might get no drop today, but you will eventually get those drops if you farm it consistently. Also, you have to make sure you get all of the best gear from the solo and advanced solo dungeons, along with the epic reward updates which are mostly soloable or in fairly easy heroic zones.

I think the progression gap from solo to heroic in KA is definitely too wide. However, I do feel that with some persistence and a clear direction, it is not too difficult to make yourself ready to tackle all of the non-challenge/non-expert content.

This is no different from my experience in ToT with short-man groups. We hit a wall where we could not progress as our team until more content was released. Then we were able to get over that wall. That will be the same here.

The big kicker that caused my friends to quit was the resolve of fabled Nizara. We saw how the game pretty much said 'you can and should not be doing these future zones with a team of 3.' And in that way the game was doing what some are saying here. 'Play our way or go home.' And I agree it hurts the game overall.

I like the KA content and how the progression makes me feel like I earned the power that I currently have. It has been a lot of effort to get into a good position, and I'm rewarded by being able to destroy easier content of the expansion that was very difficult at first and now tackle the most difficult content it has to offer.

But...I do feel it hurts the game more than it helps it, the way they have ascension, tithe, epic 2.0 set up. Fewer good alts means fewer good players to group with. More challenge means the people who have less time are at a severe disadvantage. It's kind of rough right now for sure. But...the game has items to go after. People just need to work smarter, sometimes. Though...sometimes that means it becomes less fun. It's a tough balance.
  3. Raenius Well-Known Member

Expert zones are just there to provide Daybreak another obstacle for us to keep us busy because they have no clue how to fix all those broken mechanics they have introduced (ascension classes, tithe-curve, broken combat mitigation on T4 which they can`t / won`t fix).

Noone asked for them, noone expected them, noone needs them - it is just another artificial gear-reset desperately hidden under "new exclusive content" - too bad it is so obvious to anyone you disappoint on a daily basis.
    Revanu likes this.
  4. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Captain - why would I waste every time my 45 playing time on regular shrouded temple (while I am undergeared)?
    Okey there are couple 1K Pot items they not always drops
    Clarification.
    I am playing scout - from my epic I get neck/ring item, earring, charm - all 1.3k
    While I certainly appreciate getting 1k charm from Temple I could almost as good with 1K charm from Spire OR with some lucky with 0.7k Pot Charm from PQ
    Ring ... well again for one yeah I do have that 1K ring (bought it via SLR) for other one - 1.3k relic one but I am was almost just as good as that 1K ring (11 resolve) with 5 resolve 0.9k Pot from ToT signature line plus huge CB that could be reforged into anything
    I do not saying that one should never go and do temple but I am saying that it make sense only after you got your Epic 2.0 (unless of course you have unlimited time to play)
    Unfortunately game now all about priorities
    Top one - get epic 2.0
  5. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

I was assuming they had already completed the sig line and earned all great items from the advanced solos along with some of the items from the easier heroics along with some of the key chest items. Like I did when the expansion was brand new.

1. Sig line and overland quests for main and off hand good stuff
    2. TS line for cloak
    3. key quests for at least 3 pieces 4 if luckier great gear from incarnadine and shadowquartz.
    4. work those epic prereqs
    5. do any daily heroic quests you can manage to do and get the puzzle mount from arguable the 3 easiest zones to complete.
    6. Run shrouded temple over and over until you have all the 1k potency items from there. In my experience no zone has a better chance for siginificant upgrades.
    7. Get your epic stuff
    8. Enjoy your nice gear.

The thing I can see holding people back from becoming very well geared in this expansion is the lack of consistent groups running. Many reasons for this. But it definitely stinks.
    Shmogre and DoomDrake like this.
  6. Earar Well-Known Member

yes it stinks.
    poorly designed

anyway for expert .. it's strange how they made .. as said in another post ... zones good for any healers but harder on shamans.

I mean I did expert shrouded with my warden (non epic 330 resolve) .. and my HPS was 700k. the only issue I had were haze hunters, other than that, healing was easy.
    on the other hand shamans struggle more

not logical at all

but I shouldn't say that, they may nerf us :/
  7. semisus Does not play this game

the bleedthrough seems over the top i agree , and some even some trash mobs seems over the top , 30mil hit from a trash golem in expert stronghold?
    The ***** guy in barons? seems this is now a 2 healer fight
  8. Meilay Active Member

Regarding the chain heals bleedthrough, I ran two groups through Expert Wizard Den, similar in DPS, I tanked, and I had the same chain healer for both zones. The ONLY difference was the second run had a troubador instead of a dirge.

First run without dirge heals were very rough, huge health spikes, 1 shots, chain healer struggled. The run with the Troubador the chain healer had no issues, and no one really took much damage.

Again, the only major difference was the swapping of a dirge to a troubador, and it made the zone a totally different experience.
  9. Earar Well-Known Member

What does the troubi brings that the dirge doesn't ?

Is it that or just more luck with damage or procs ?