70 Necro, 70 Fury need some 2 boxing advice!

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Blissa2362, Sep 24, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Blissa2362 Guest

Hello all,
    Currently my necro aa setup is for solo with m1 tank, m1 pet hate buff, m1 self buffs. With tained heals my necro heals my pet for over 2,600hp each time I cast a debuff. I am on the bazaar server and I recently picked up a 70 fury on my second account to box with my necro. I took the necro and fury out for a 2 boxing session and was shocked to find out that my necro can heal my pet twice as good as the fury. Which makes me wonder what good a fury is in a 2 boxing session with a necro. The int buff is nice and the extra mit and hp is nice as well. But I want my fury to be more than a buff bot that follows my necro around like a pupet.
    I run the necro and furry on 1 pc and alt tab between the windows. A guildy advised me about the G15 keyboard or another monitor. But as you all know the necro dots dont last long at all. If I dps on the fury I am going to loose dps on the necro. I am at a toss up on what toon to respec the necro or fury. Please give me some advice on what to do.
  2. ARCHIVED-Virulence Guest

Blissa2362 wrote:
    I realized the same thing TBH. One positive thing about a defiler-necro 2 box is the defiler wards can really compliment tainted heals, rather trying to replace them. A defiler can also debuff very well.
    The fury has the advantage of being able to int buff and has some complimentary quick heals as well as having the very handy port abilities.
  3. ARCHIVED-Blissa2362 Guest

The int buff and ports are really nice. But I was expecting alot more, I am pretty sure the fury hp buff is 287hp at adept3. For a short time my friend ran the same necro set up and with a defiler as a healer. And when he buffed the tank pet it had 13k hp vs the 10.9k fury buffed pet. I hear alot of people say fury/necro is the ultmate combo, I would like to hear how you have it set up. With ROK just a little over a month away I need to save all the plat I can get because I know everything is going to be very costly.
  4. ARCHIVED-Naughtesnec Guest

I two box a fury/necro and tbh I wouldn't want anything else - I don't have tainted heals spec'd (I'm raid spec'd) and the heals are perfect, the int buffs amazing and lastly, the fury's dps is outstanding (especially with infusion - as heals and cures add to damage). Moreover, the fury root is far superior.

Add the ports to the equation, I doubt that I would enjoy another 2 box partner as much. I can pretty much kill anything. Now I don't box on one PC so I am ableto take fuller advantage of all the fury has to offer.
  5. ARCHIVED-Sabutai Guest

Blissa2362 wrote:
    Depends on how much you like to box. Furies aren't that great at healing, they have to stack a lot of their heal over times to be really effective. My personal favorite is a troub, you don't really have to do anything and you get all those passive procs.
  6. ARCHIVED-Cica Guest

Sabutai wrote:
    Furies are the best for healing squishies, since their heals are the fastests among the healers, and how can they stack a LOT of their hots (??) they only have 2 hots 1 single target and 1 grp hot .... for me thats not a LOT of hots lol anyways yes druid hp buffs are sad i know, defiler can buff hps alot better and they have wards too, i duoed my fury with a defiler and i was tanking cause he gave me alot of hp's lol it was fun
    Yes as someone said before me on 1 pc might not be that easy with a fury, and with a healer anyways u shouldnt need tainted heals.
    I used to love my fury alot but since these days almost everyone got a 70 fury alt and most ppl just lvld them cause of ports or for 2 boxing purposes (hehe) whatever they dont know how to play them and say they not as good healers, IMHO they are just as good as the others just they all different and some work better in some situations, some are better in others, and so you just really have to learn how to play them well
    that just my 2 cp
    ok sorry you maybe were counting hibernate as a heal over time, thats a grp heal too which goes off after 10s well for 2 boxing i wouldnt use too many grp heals it will drain the power of the fury out fast and not sure how could he time it that well, ofcourse he can, plus if hes pet is not too close to the fury it might not get the heal anyways, so depends on situation too :)
  7. ARCHIVED-Blissa2362 Guest

Hi again all,
    I just wanted to update this thread. I have sense mastered the necro/fury combo and lets just say that I make 50% more plat with boxing the fury then with out. I also respec the fury for crit heals and wild regen. I almost never have to heal the pet with the necro any more. I also made a macro with both hot's and they heal my pet for 40%+ health. Right now I am very happy with the necro/fury combo, SOE bring on ROK =P.
  8. ARCHIVED-Supple Guest

I have a necro and a fury on separate accounts as well. I used to twobox them, but I ultimately decided it wasnt worth the trouble of coordinated the characters.
    • The fury can give the necro Int, but my necro selfbuffs 757 Intelligence. Past 650, the diminishing returns hit the additional Int pretty hard, so I really dont care about the Int benefits of the Fury.
    • The fury can give the tank pet agitate, but in the defensive stance the tank pet is like -25% haste, so I imagine the pet only gets a minimal benefit from agitate.
    • Not much point in trying to heal with the fury because tainted heals are good and trying to run two keyboards is bad.
    The group mit and group incombat health regen are the real benefits of twoboxing that team. Tossing in Urchin on a nastry named is pretty darned good too. Overall though, assuming youre trying to twobox an instance, I grew weary of bringing them both to the instance door. Honestly, I've found it a lot more gratifying to figure out how to solo on my various characters instead. Now if I had a troub, a true buffing class would could just be on AF, I would tote them along as the benefits are too good to ignore.
  9. ARCHIVED-Blissa2362 Guest

Lets not forget Ring of Fire, and Call Of Storms plus the nukes. And the most important spell of all, the bat spell that does in combat power regen. Before I figured out that spell works on my pet every 6 or so mobs the pet would be out of power and I had to resummon it. Now I can go on a 5hr farm session and the pet never runs out of power no matter how many mobs I kill. I really dont want to say how much plat I am making but lets just say its alot. Like I said 50% more plat with the fury then with out for the same amount of time. I could solo on each toon and earn less plat but that would be a waste of time. I am thinking about adding a 3rd account and a second pc to earn even more plat. Its nice to know that I can afford almost anything in the game with my own hard earned plat.
    As far as healing the pet, the necro does a fine job but I would reather be dpsing on the necro then healing the pet.
  10. ARCHIVED-Supple Guest

I didnt forget about those. It's just that casting those requires noteworthy twin keyboard control. For a good while, I was doing so with the "1 to =" hotkeys because I was convinced it was better to play both characters at 40% of their ability rather than one at 100%.
    I suppose I was decent at doing this, but after enough named encounters that went awry that clearly could have been done if two people were controlling the toons, I decided it was best to maximize a single character while having the other merely AF for buffs and the occasionally really important spell (like an urchin prebuff for a named). Eventually though, I found myself actually skipping farming runs because I just couldnt be bothered to bring both characters back to the zone-in. There always seemed to be one reason or another why one or the other or both had to leave the zone-in area to take care of some important business back home.
    So as time went on and I got better and better at the individual class, I realized I didnt even need the buffs, something I was glad for because I got tired of coordinating two characters at a locale. I think for me, the only reason I would buffbot with an AF toon would be if it were a troub. Ive grown to realize that many classes in the game have an inherent untapped potential to do amazing things if well researched enough.