7 hours to get prophet to spawn in SS and STILL nothing. What happened to no more camping?

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Erladdin, May 1, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Melchiah Guest

My roots are in EQ1, where we'd work 4 hour shifts camping mobs for sometimes up to 2 weeks. It was kind of fun if you had people to goof off with at the time.
  2. ARCHIVED-Mastire Guest

At least its not on a 28-48, like the griffen was for eypatch of plunder.<took me 30 hours of camping to get him so I was lucky I guess> or Raster for the Monk Epic. I got myself 4 SMR one week when the guy camping raster never saw him. Or the ancient cyclops. Camped him once with 1 other person for an entire weekend and he never spawned.
    So I would say they did get rid of long camps
  3. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

I happen to know a guy who used to kill that particular Scion once or twice a night(always OOCing for people on the quest). You just need to know how to spawn them... click the lionheads in the hallway. Heck there are times I am helping people kill Andros and he pops on me.
  4. ARCHIVED-Ayenea Guest

But that's just it... this is not WORK. It's boredom. What I want them to do is indeed make me work... so I can feel like I accomplished something. Sitting on my butt for hours while waiting for a mob to pop is boring. Make me run around. Make me find stuff. Make me do several more steps if they really want to time sink it but at least make it something where i feel like I'm making progress.
    I don't think people want it more "easy" ... they just want it more fun :)
  5. ARCHIVED-Moongloom Guest

It could also be made to where the mob pops alot but the drop you need is a rare drop. That way it feels like you are at least doing something. At least to me.
  6. ARCHIVED-Hukklebuk Guest

come to think of it.... last few trips around that area, I haven't even seen the swarms of PH's around the statue.

/shrug probably is broken.... wouldn't surprise me one bit.
  7. ARCHIVED-Geekyone Guest

I feel your pain...
    I've camped him multipule times for many hours each time.
    I think he's scared.
  8. ARCHIVED-Morie Guest

Ring events have been broken for months. Server reset is your only hope.
  9. ARCHIVED-Dogmae Guest

Then all we would have is posts that say this

7 spawns of the prophet in SS and STILL nothing. What happened to no more camping?
    I thought SOE said they did away with long camps in EQ2 - am I wrong?
  10. ARCHIVED-ivanhedgehog2 Guest

Standing around waiting is work? They want it more interesting, not easier.
  11. ARCHIVED-Laeal Guest

I just completed this step of the Ancient Desert Power HQ over the weekend on Mistmoore. Granted it took 10 clearings of the lunatics and maniacs to get the Prophet spawned, but he did finally show up.
  12. ARCHIVED-Pathin Merrithay Guest

Went to finish an HQ with a friend and guildie. Cleared the camp, prophet spawned. Wait time, approximately 5 minutes.
    Ran by later that night and cleared them all again. Another prophet spawn. Sometimes it's just plain random. Do bugged Ironfang, the philosophers, Deathless, then come complain.