6th T5 adept 3 spell?

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-maddawg138, Apr 25, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-maddawg138 Guest

yah just wondering what you guys think i should get.

i already have

nil absolution
    devastation
    dark nebula
    bony grasp
    torment of shadows

im thinking maybe aspect of darkness or wicked gift but ive seen stats on aspect and im not too fond of it. also maybe abysmal fury but havent seen anything on it either.
  2. ARCHIVED-Manarian Guest

Grisly Contract or Wicked Gift would be the two I'd pick from if I were in your shoes (but am no where close to your shoes yet). GC would probably be the one I'd pick first.
  3. ARCHIVED-Fepple Guest

hey,

I dont suppose you could post details of Bony Grasp adept 3 could you?
  4. ARCHIVED-Daerv Guest

Bony Grasp Adept 3 is the exact same as every other version of Bony Grasp (36 second duration, 45 recast). I'm assuming the only reason for upgrading is to reduce resists.
  5. ARCHIVED-Eadric Guest

Grisly Contract then Chaotic Maelstrom would be my recommendations.
  6. ARCHIVED-Alfred75 Guest

Wrong, Chaotic Maelstrom before Grisly to max out the effectiveness from Torment of Shadows, Dark Nebula, Devastation and Nil Ab.

E.g. - Fully debuffed, my Torment of Shadows Master 1 does 178 dmg per tick at 49. Its damage scales down a lot when you have only Chaotic or Curse of Emp on the mob - its damage is pathetic without any debuffs. Chaotic increases debuff counters on mob, increasing the effectiveness of your spells (less resist, more dmg). ANyways, Grisly uses too many hps for conversion to be really useful.
  7. ARCHIVED-maddawg138 Guest

i never use GC ever really unless im doing insane DPS where im going all out on all my spells which is rare...and chaotic maelstrom ive seen the adept 3 version of it...doesnt seem like its worth the ruby to upgrade. anyway someone can post the adept 3 @lvl 50 for it so i can compare to my adept 1 version of it.
  8. ARCHIVED-Eadric Guest

Heh how can my recommendation be 'wrong' it is my recommendation. You may have a different one, but that hardly invalidates mine. That being said, when it comes to raiding I find Grisly Contract to be extremely valuable...moreso than Chaotic Maelstrom (which I also recommended).
  9. ARCHIVED-Alfred75 Guest

Lol ok, just a matter of opinion :)

In raids, with a chanter being able to breeze the whole raid, you would probably never run out of power, especially if you have a bard in your group as well. Comparing Grisly to Invite Void, I would go Invite Void. Grisly takes away too much health really, especially if you are in a raid with AOE mobs.

Chaotic is good because the debuff not only helps with ALL the warlocks damage and damage resistance on mobs, it also helps the rest of the raid players to get their poison and disease procs/nukes in.

All in all, it really depends on whether your priorities - raid or self.....
  10. ARCHIVED-Ingrata Guest

I can only DREAM of having 6 T5 Adept 3's.... since reading this post, I have begun my Adept 3 wish list :smileywink:
  11. ARCHIVED-Hypnosium Guest

The first one i upgraded was Grisly Contract, and ill tell you why.
    It might not matter how much power you gain in 1 shift (health to power havesting) at lvl 50 on raids.
    But at lvl 42 in a group with no "breezer" and your main dps, you will find this spell worth all your presious gold :)
    At Adept 1 GC converts at a ratio like this 400 health gives you 219 power, if you upgrade you get... 51% PP pr. HP
    at Adept 3 425 Health = 326 Power = 76% PP pr. HP
    A way better ratio for your adept 3, i havent seen stats on master1, but i hope to get it at my B-day :)
    A shift like that 3 times in a fight with a "named" or raid mob, and that should give you an extra damage around 10-15k if you use it all up, but with this i usally get out with 30%+ power left, and normal group mobs i make one shift at end of fight and comes out with 70-80% power left, some good drinks and your almost at full power before your tank can yell ... INC - please help me say this foul best ( god they tent to run into trouble all the time those dumb fighters):smileyvery-happy:
    This is just my opinion as a humble warlock at lvl 42 who is very happy about his GC adept 3
    Kind Regards
    Timio - Permafrost
    I am the Past, Pre-sense and future
  12. ARCHIVED-Mild und Leise Guest

chaotic maelstrom adept 3 adds about 50 more debuff and a slightly better dot. in my opinion, that's not as important as the much better conversion ratio you get with GC adept 3.
    Message Edited by Mild und Leise on 05-02-2005 06:38 AM
  13. ARCHIVED-maddawg138 Guest

k i chose nihilism as i use it more than any other spell at the moment...its got a decent proc on it as well as a debuff to poison and disease.
  14. ARCHIVED-Eadric Guest

Can you post those stats on Nihilism?
  15. ARCHIVED-Kalel22 Guest

Mad,

Can you post the info on Torment of Shadows Ad3 and Nil Absolution ad3? Thanks
  16. ARCHIVED-maddawg138 Guest

[IMG]

but a few of the stats arent really what they seem...torment does about 149 fully debuffed a tick and i dont know what nihilism actually does as i never melee ^_^ but these are all of my T5 adept 3's i have....got a 7th one earlier today. Aspect of Darkness...really not worth a ruby for.
  17. ARCHIVED-BaronVonPitviper Guest

I'm 30% into 46 and sitting with 2 T5 inks in the bank. You guys have me frozen with indecsion on what to do with them.
    Who knows when I'll be 50. Probably a couple more months cause I level slow. Use them now and harvest a rare later for Devastation?
    Save one for Soul Flay when they fix it? Use them both now on Chaotic and Grisly because I can scribe them and make good use of them now?

What to do what to do :-/