66 Necro Tank Pet.

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Akaran2, Jun 16, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Akaran2 Guest

I'm usually fairly even tempered here on the boards, and in most places I go. Sure, I may rant and fume a little here and there, but I generally try to keep it clean (apologies to those that saw me not so much in chat a bit ago). But I have a touch of a concern.

Why... oh why (and I wish I had a SS right now, just take my word for it) does the 66 master 1 tank pet look like a borderline freshish corpse wearing a diaper? A diaper? A set of greaves, chainmail, pants.. heck, pants would be great. But a diaper?

Why? :(
    I like what was done to the swarm pets, really do.. but this pet..

/so glad I'm not in that level range anymore..
  2. ARCHIVED-Barq Bandit Guest

I agree. The horned winged gargoyle demon was one of my most beloved pets. To have it replaced with... this... It's really infuriating. Especially since I AM at that level range. That pet was new on my character! I'd just scribed it relatively recently! I've seldom been as disappointed with recent cosmetic changes to Necromancers as I have been with the ones put in with this update.
    My flaming bat and iridescent spider, which I summoned often for fun and roleplay when not out adventuring, have been replaced with tiny Human and Iksar skelletons... I can't imagine every summoning these. They're not scary or cool. They're just silly.
    Likewise, I'm upset about Nylph's Misty Image being changed from a very cool, vaporous illusion I used for my Necro's primary look to a rather humdrum see-through ghost with glowing eyes. I'd never use this either.
  3. ARCHIVED-Chaosonia Guest

I have to agree. The gargoyle form of the 66 tank pet was much better and new form is laughable at best. A naked zombie that looks like its is wearing tighty whities? How is that an improvement over th old form. IMHO, it should be changed back to the way it was, or the players should at least be allowed the option of changing it's appearance back. Since this would be a simple matter of changing the skin, it is not an unreasonable request.
    Yes... appearance is important to some players. I for one won't be using this pet any longer, even to solo. I would rather end up dying repeatably from using the scout pet rather then be followed around Norrath by a diapered zombie.
  4. ARCHIVED-Cabliten Guest

Well to be fair, gargoyles are not undead and it doesn't really make sense for us to summon one. Of course, neither are drachnids and SOE doesn't have a problem letting us keep those, so idk.
    I haven't seen it in game yet but the screenshot wasn't THAT bad. The diaper is stupid but other than that the pet seemed pretty cool. Have to say other than this one though I love all the pet graphic changes to the low level pets =)
  5. ARCHIVED-shadowscale Guest

what i dont like is getting an iksar skelly at teir 2, when you would never actualy see one till teir 8
  6. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

shadowscale wrote:
    Actually you see them all over Timorous Deep.
  7. ARCHIVED-Barq Bandit Guest

What I don't like is that both the first and second pets are unnaturally tiny. I suppose because they are the first pets, but a tiny Iksar skeleton? Exactly what is that supposed to be? Dead Iksar child? That's a bit disturbing...
  8. ARCHIVED-shadowscale Guest

Xalmat wrote:
    ohh right forgot about that...
    would still like it as a higher teir.
    actualy an iksar skelly on a mount would be nice replacement for the current teir 8 pet, but thats likley just me.
    now.. what about the frog skelly at teir 3?
  9. ARCHIVED-Cabliten Guest

shadowscale wrote:
    I really liked the screenshots of the new first 3 tank pets, but is it true that they are tiny? =(
  10. ARCHIVED-Alienshogun Guest

Tock@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    In EQ1 you had to kill an iksar child to get his tears for the shaman epic
  11. ARCHIVED-Cabliten Guest

Alienshogun wrote:
    Iksars cry?!
  12. ARCHIVED-Alienshogun Guest

Ralniv@Venekor wrote:
    indeed they do
  13. ARCHIVED-Cabliten Guest

Alienshogun wrote:
    Well, of course a Sarnak would say that.
  14. ARCHIVED-Cinnimon Guest

Well I have to say this,
    I - is way to much like lvl 52 and 77 one now
    II - is something I would weather see as master of the I (level 1) if you ask me. (I suggest using the old zombie graphic here instead.)
    III - is something I would weather see as expert (adept III) for I (level 1). ( I would suggest Mummy graphic here or vise versa with IV.)
    IV - ...... not sure what happened to this for I like the orignial graphic of the this Zombie. I suggest using the Patch up zombie graphic here. (Note:The Fighter pet II, III, and IV I have suggested some ideas but it don't have to be in that order, it can switch around)
    V - Stay the same
    VI - Changed to the zombie with diapers. would like to see this be the Fair skin Female Vampire for we dont' have any females fighters anyways. I liked the original one before this so a idea is change it back to the original and use the vampire graphic for V since it pretty much the same VII but riding a horse if you ask me. I would suggest moving this graphic to IV as the Master Version but use a graphic that has some armor on perhaps for the bare one looks kinda weird in lower area if you ask me.
    VII - Also stay the same
  15. ARCHIVED-hypocratic_oath Guest

Ralniv@Venekor wrote:
    Not our fault their tears are so nice....
  16. ARCHIVED-Alienshogun Guest

Ralniv@Venekor wrote:
  17. ARCHIVED-Cabliten Guest

Firecracker@Kithicor wrote:
    The female vampire is our T7 scout if I remember correctly.
  18. ARCHIVED-KERSTYNN Guest

Tock@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Someone once told me that Aeralik has a thing with Halflings and halflings sized things(not sure how true this is or isn't) so maybe this is some kind of inside joke with the dev staff?
    Anyhow, I also am not pleased with the progressions of the pets. The miniature sizes of the lower level pets is ridiculous, we have the "shrink pet" ability if someone feels that their pets are too large. The new L66 "diaper man" is not very frightening to me. (Another inside joke with the devs?) At least the gargoyle type, which I always thought (at least with the Master version) was supposed to be an "Abhorrent", which are "horrendous creatures spawned by Innoruuk, the Prince of Hate, and are primarily used as guardians and heralds on the Plane of Hate."*. were pretty cool looking and fittign at least for those of us who follow Inny. Queen Cristianos in Neriak even has one as her pet in the Palace there.
    As for the Drachnids, I can see where the tie-in is as they are creatures of Mayong Mistmoore a powerful undead in his own right, but the small size of them once again is uncalled for in my opinion. After spending a few levels fighting the "normal" sized ones in KP, our "halfling" verison just looks wrong!
    Don't even get me going on the "Misty Image" changes. I loved the old version....used it quite often but this new version does not even look close to what I look like and I am a dark elf! If they wanted to add a "ghostly image" fluff spell they shoulda just added that and left the "Misty Image" one as is.
    They should resize all the mini pets to normal size, after all if we want them smaller we have that option already via "Shrink servant", change the L66 one back to what it was, and change the Drachnid one to some kind of Mummy or Spectre or something undead, or even demonic looking, or at least size the Drachnid to normal on all tiers of that spell.
    I really don't care if it is some kind of inside joke among the devs to have everything halfling sized, to me its just annoying!
    Thanks for listening to my 2 silvers worth of ranting!
    ~K~
    *Quoted from the Plane of Hate PnP game book

Edit: Trying to remember creature that are traditionally thought of as undead, and why some of them were used while other were not used as Necro pets. Feel free to add to the list:
    Skeletons, Zombies, Ghouls, Ghasts, Ghosts, Spectres, Mummies, Lich, Vampires, Revenants, Banshees, Wights, Wraiths, Shadows, Dracolich, Dhampyres, Shades
  19. ARCHIVED-Cinnimon Guest

Ralniv@Venekor wrote:
    That one is the dark skinned vampire, the one I am asking for was the fair Skinned one. I can't think of any other undead female graphic at this time that is in game that would fit. We do have a female mage graphic, and scout..... so why not a female fighter too? From what I've have seen so far we are stuck with the new graphics for no devs has reply back to say other wise. It would be nice to hear something on this for I thought developer communication was going to improve.
  20. ARCHIVED-Cinnimon Guest

Just how many people need to give feedback on how much they don't like the new graphics? I mean enough complained about the Blighted Horde and the Misty Illusion spell for they were changed!
    At least give us some feedback as to why not. I mean the conjurers got a whole new mage graphic just special for them and we can't even get reused graphics that the necromancer community would want?