6-6 Test Changes.. more Warlock Love

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Diapause, Jun 6, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Diapause Guest

Warlock changes:- Devastation will properly stack with other Warlock Devastations.
    - Rift will not interfere with other Rifts if cast at the same time.
    - Dark Siphoning no longer has a nil crystal component requirement.

I don't know whether to be real scared we'll be next on the nerf train after all these fixes or real happy someone is actively listening to our noted concerns.

Quattra - LvL70 Warlock
  2. ARCHIVED-Xede Guest

dark siphoning not requiring a crystal anymore is great news...the spell at M1 gives more power back than what it takes to use. Also if you do go down the WIS line to get the reduced power cost...its even more effective than before. Deff great news for warlocks.
  3. ARCHIVED-graxnip Guest

something is very wrong here lol.

these are some really great fixes. I rolled up a toon on the test server last night and buffed myself to 62. - went around the new fallen dynasty area ( which seems pretty cool so far )- I was only able to find grouped mobs at lvl 60 was 3mobs/2 down arrows, blue - and with no stuns I completely pwned them. experimented with a blue single ^ mob and pwned it. sadly I could not test solo play on any mobs white or higher as I couldnt find any ( I think the buff toons are restricted to the new area ). our roots are a joke now but solo play with normal solo mobs should remain np.

however, I wandered into this place called forbidden city, or something likethat - its the dungeon underneath mystic lake. where I found a guy 2 boxing a swashie and a mystic. I joined the group and omg, it was absolutely fantastic. I had very little problems with aggro I think twice the entire 2 hours or so. and this was to a swashbuckler tanking ! the trio of us totally romped through that dungeon until we had a bad social aggro pull and wiped--dungeon is all blue^^^ to yellow^^^ )

we are looking good for aggro now, by using concuss and vulian to start (vulian i always opened with to prevent the mob from hitting the tank on the way to the group) (but null caress is extremely situational - i used it once and yay it brought more mobs.. (the new add grp went to me)) so it really doesnt count for a reliable deaggro at all.

sadly, I was able to let loose so much more that my mana was really bad off - at the end of any given fight i was down to 20% and only had the contract line to give me back more.

dark infestation pwns, before the dot stayed up the entire time - this would cause the broodlings to retrigger- they sadly fixed it by removing the dot portion when the broodlings spawn. so yep - right there it takes a considerable cut in dmg from just that. but wow - it is really great to see those little buggers up and fly to the target and stay up for the entire time - even switch targets to the next mob. I noticed i was getting lucky in triggering the broodlings with 3 secs left on infestation. so the loss wasnt that bad.

the changes are really looking sweet. and I think most importantly to me at least is that the non traditional group is not going anywhere :)
  4. ARCHIVED-Tomanak Guest

This is a problem..you shouldnt have to upgrade this skill to Master level in order for it to be semi useful. All in all though some nice changes.
  5. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

It still gives more power to the group than it costs if you have a full 6 person group. And actually looking at the values, Adept I gives back a total of 260 power, the spell costs 243 power. Wait a second, that's 17 more power given back. At Master 1 it gives back 351 power. So for a full group that's 1560 power for Adept 1, and 2106 for Master 1. Either way it's useful, just because it's not useful directly for you, doesn't mean it can't help out the rest of your group.
  6. ARCHIVED-Robbpilot Guest

Amen to that. Now, it has been looked at and looked at again and it is still like that so it must be on purpose but bloody-hell.
  7. ARCHIVED-Schaestmos Guest

umm thats a pretty narrow view of things, consider this: you give 250 power to the whole group and you break even. is that worth casting or not? maybe not if you are only worried about your own dps and power, but this is a multiplayer game.. work together = win :p
    besides its a spell, you should have it master..
    ~Morb
  8. ARCHIVED-Mastire Guest

Yuo have to remember you have like 200int max on test, and currently on live its almost impossible to pulll agrofrom a swashie. I have trioed with a swashy/defiler alot. Its a combo that worked quite well.
  9. ARCHIVED-graxnip Guest

aye the gear they give you was not optimal, however i had a laughable 310 sta, and a 258 int.

I've never grped with a swashie before, but it was very fun and effective.
  10. ARCHIVED-Avatare Guest

11. ARCHIVED-Faelos Guest

This sounds wonderful for my trio of Warlocks. Granted im only 14th, but when I get up there I will drop encounters right quick. Aggro wasnt isnt a consideration while threeboxing Warlocks, the encounter is going to come for me. I just need to be able to switch aggro fast should one guy start taking a beating.

Mal
  12. ARCHIVED-Robbpilot Guest

The roots on test seem pretty lame though. If that's how they are supposed to work, then the break percentages posted are flat out wrong.
  13. ARCHIVED-SwissArmyShoe Guest

I have noticed that our quick cast stun line(can't remember the name) will be altered from the mob being pacified (doing nothing) to being dazed or something which only prevents auto attack. If I'm right in saying this then it will make soloing a tad harder as I use that pacify ability so I can land another root before the mob steam trains me. I guess now the mobs will just use a CA and paste us while trying to get off a root.
    A change of tactics is in order me thinks.
  14. ARCHIVED-SmEaGoLLuM86 Guest

You talking about vulian intrusion? Cos that never stunned, or are you talking about null caress in which case it never had a pacify? Daze and pacify are pretty much the same thing so it's just the name that has changed. Null Caress does not stun anymore though. Also, after playing on test (have soloed, grouped and raided on test), null caress seems to have a very high chance of moving the mob right on top of you - about 80% of the time it moves the mob right on top of you, and since it doesn't stun anymore, it's obviously bs. Also, the raiding warlocks will be quite displeased to say the least about dark infestation. For those that don't know once the broodlings proc, the dot part of the spell disappears totally so if the mob has an ae of any sort, DI is pretty much useless and is just a waste of power, so that's also bs. The recast is 45s and the broodlings still last 24s and in addition their damage has been downgraded by about 40%. Regarding the deaggroes vulian intrusion and null caress, after testing them thoroughly, with raids they are doing [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] all, with groups vulian is making a tiny contribution but creating aggro in itself with the ae daze, and null caress is not ideal in groups either unless it's an emergency since it teleports mobs away and is very annoying for everyone especially the tank. Do you guys still feel like you are getting love?

Is money and feedback not enough to give warlocks some frustration free gaming? You guys change totally useless spells to just useless while downgrading several other spells including our beloved dark infestation. Just do this for today, do it one step at a time - To the developers and head of the warlock class: bring back DI to how it was when it was when it was first changed on test with the broodlings only proccing once, 30s recast, 24s duration for the broodlings and dot, 4s ticks are fine, and most importantly, don't make the dot part of DI disappear once the broodlings spawn for the love of your company.
    Message Edited by SmEaGoLLuM86 on 06-14-2006 10:46 PM
  15. ARCHIVED-SwissArmyShoe Guest

I'm talking about Nulification, the pacify spell we get that has a small damage nuke on it after it stuns/pacifies. I am only lvl 28 so I don't have the teleport mob ability as of yet. But because the spell I am talking about is from a line that runs right through to max level then it is still relevant.
    I will just have to see what happens when this hits live *shrug
    Cheers
  16. ARCHIVED-SmEaGoLLuM86 Guest

Once again, the vulian line does not stun, right now on live it interrupts, pacifies (which is not a stun) and deals a tiny bit of damage. It's ok though since you are only lvl 28, and being at that level you won't be feeling the same frustration and downgrading since most of these spells you will only get and find useful at higher lvls like null caress or dark infestation for example. For another example, vulian line isn't going to do anything once you cast devastation/apocalypse (our signature spell) which you only get at 50 and 70.
    Message Edited by SmEaGoLLuM86 on 06-14-2006 10:59 PM
  17. ARCHIVED-SwissArmyShoe Guest

Yeah, I see what you are saying but I was refering to this:
    *** Control Spell Changes ***
    Note: All of the control spell changes listed here are subject to change before they go live. In fact, since these notes were written based on data from 05/04/06 and Blackguard will be in LA by the time you read this, much of it has changed before even going to Test. The notes should be a lot more sane by next week when he gets back.
    - All short knockdowns and many short stuns that were 2s in duration have been changed to a 1.5s duration.
    - All knockdowns and many short stuns that were 3-4s in duration have been changed to a 2.5s duration.
    - All knockdown effects will not work on epics.
    - Adjusted all root, stifle, stun, mesmerize, and fear durations to have consistent linear progression in durations with level increases.
    - There is now a new control state labeled "daze." Daze effects replace pacify effects that were attached to some spells. When a mob is dazed it cannot auto attack.- Examine information describing control effects should generally be clearer than before.
    - All Mesmerize abilities have their own immunity separate from Stun immunity.

That line to me reads that were a mob couldn't do anything at all before under the effects of being 'Pacified' they can now use CA's and spells as it only says they can't auto attack.
    My apologies if this is what you have been trying to say....
    Message Edited by SwissArmyShoe on 06-14-2006 05:10 AM
  18. ARCHIVED-SmEaGoLLuM86 Guest

Another thing, put it this way, my assassin can hit for 29k+ and not get aggro and this is without a troub or illusionist (i.e no form of deaggro buff in group) while 7/10 times I cast apocalypse I end up getting aggro from at least one target in the encounter. Now I know some people will be saying get a troub etc, there is a dirge and coercer in mt group and a troub in the warlock's group, what more can you do? Not only that, part of the abillities and purpose of deaggro and aggro classes such as the ones listed is to further maximise a class's dps, meaning to reach the peak of your class and hence make them very desirable. A class without them should be doing about 80-90% of their potential dps. They should not be essential so that another class can perform their role properly. That is not the case for warlocks, without just one of those classes, just one, the warlock can maybe only do 50% of their potential dps. Now to me, that is broken no matter what you say. To have to rely on even one other class makes a class broken. My assassin does not rely on a troub, nor a dirge, not an illusionist, I can go on. Yet with the absense of only a troubador, a warlock can feel the pain of not being anywhere near his/her potential. That is the gripe high end raiding warlocks have.
  19. ARCHIVED-Tevilspek Guest

Live Update #24: June 14, 2006 *** Combat *** - Target encounter spells cast on an enemy that dies will continue to be cast on the encounter.
    http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=stat&message.id=302

If that actually does what I think it means it will, all I can say (apart from "about time...") is Thankyou!
    This change might actually help us to do some decent DPS over time, as we won't get stuck on a '3sec cast -> mob's dead at 2sec' cycle as so often happens in group fights.
    This is an awesome change, if it works, and would probably inspire me to spend some time back with my very neglected Warlock.

Here's hoping anyways.
  20. ARCHIVED-SwissArmyShoe Guest

I agree. This simple change will make a HUGE difference. In some cases it almost doubles our casting times due to having to recast over and over and then theres the slight delay you get as the MT aquires his new target due to the mobs being stunned ect...
    Very, very happy about this change.