50% Off Previous Releases for a Limited Time!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Lera Well-Known Member

Devs don't work for free, you know.
  2. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

That's how it was originally a.k.a. Everquest 2 Extended.
  3. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Question about the Three Gems of Armor Advancement.

From: https://www.everquest2.com/news/altar-of-malice-bonus-items-standard-collectors-edition

Each magically forged gem upgrades one Level 100 armor item up one tier which improves the item attributes. This item can be applied to any level 100 Advanced Solo, Heroic, or Tier 1 Raid armor. (Two gems can’t be used on the same item.) This reward can be claimed once per account.

So, if I have a piece of 2/2 red gemmed armor, that would turn it into a 1/1 piece of purple armor (or even a 0/1 purple)? Or is this just a purple gem that can be put into purple armor?
  4. Brennin Active Member

I hope you're being facetious. What's the incentive for FTP folks to upgrade if they can't see what they're missing, on a server where everyone around them has the same limitations? As manipulative as it might sound, dangling members in front of FTPers is one of the surest way to motivate.

Don't know about you, but I enjoy EQ and want to see it thrive. In order to do so, there needs to be an impetus towards membership for those who start out playing for free, not only to maintain an adequate sized player base for new content to be financially worthwhile to develop, but also to replace subscribers who leave for newer games.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I don't know what people complaint about I played this game since it opened up for free players
    and so far they always had a half of sail going on for the outgoing version, so you can get the collector addition.
    I remember a time that they had 3 x packs for sale.
    when I started I had to buy 3 x packs to be up to date only after that it was get one free after the new one came out.