4th July weekend event?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by duckster, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Siren Well-Known Member

Does the 40% off include ToT I wonder? I want it for my alt account, but I don't think I can check if it's discounted via my main gold account because I already have it.

Has anyone who doesn't have ToT and is gold actually tried to buy ToT since the sale went up?
  2. Kahleem Active Member

Status is worthless, we want experience!
    timlow likes this.
  3. Siren Well-Known Member

Do you have a ratonga in your pocket? ;) You say "we" like you actually represent anyone else here besides yourself, lol.
  4. Kahleem Active Member

You say "we" like there isn't a "we". Almost as if your position is somehow superior?

My "we" are guildmates, general chat users I see talking about it on Stormhold, and friends of mine whom were super psyched about July 4th weekend bonuses. Now, we're all left with sadfaces and disappointment.

Other people's viewpoints are just as valid as your own. Please remember that :)
  5. Raff Well-Known Member

You posted the following yesterday...so why the xp monkey now?

"...You can level to 100 from 1 in 6 hours, 2 of those hours being the level grind from 1 to 20. The new ToT agnostic dungeons let you skyrocket, and gear, your toon from 20 to 100 in under 4hours. So there's that?..."

Why, dbl xp for a player of your skill would just be...redundant :rolleyes:
  6. Kahleem Active Member

Because I'm playing on Stormhold, perhaps that wasn't obvious even though I've been talking about Stormhold?

That new no-Heirloom server was ruined from day one....so :(
  7. Raff Well-Known Member

Your one line reply to me didn't mention Stormhold at all?

Raff said:
    “Awesome...Dbl status all the way around.

Thanks DB”
    Status is worthless, we want experience!
  8. Torrin Member

Status is marginally useful on live servers, but borderline useless on the TLE server. What little status gets spent can be made back fairly easily without a double bonus. Why not a compromise? Live servers get double status + double guild status, TLE gets double exp instead and all servers get the marketplace discounts.

Because honestly exp gain is far fast enough as it is on the live servers that double exp, while noticeable, isn't as huge compared to getting it on the TLE server. Of course the switch has already been flipped and I sincerely doubt anyone with admin power is going to take the time to even peruse this thread, much-less adjust the "bonuses".
    So guess we'll all be content with what we're given, they are bonuses after all. Here let me hurry up and log in and do crafting writs for status on my 5 maxed crafters! :s
  9. Kahleem Active Member

That's one of the issues that seem to linger post-SOE. They still have that "Suits" mentality rather than "Game Maker" mentality. You cannot treat a game purely like a business. Afterall, SOE learned that the hard way over many years. They are now the example of "What NOT to do if you wish to be successful at supporting a game".
  10. Castegyre Well-Known Member

That's part of the problem, isn't it? SOE is long gone. No matter how many people from those days still work here, this is CN with a DBG mask on. CN has different goals and different methods to achieve them. Some of the players need to stop using their feelings to override their reason (not necessarily you) and realize that ultimately this is simply a business transaction. This is about customers paying a company to entertain them and whether or not that company is doing the job they're being paid for adequately.

If people are happy about the weekend event, great. Go have a good time. If the recent trend of events and decisions displeases people, do something about it or the trend will continue.
    Tekka likes this.
  11. Alenna Well-Known Member

12. Siren Well-Known Member

13. Kahleem Active Member

Meanwhile guildies keep logging in surprised and shocked this July 4th has no double exp weekend. Maybe DBG is moving towards doing away with them thinking maybe people will buy more exp potions off the market?

Won't happen, but it's a guess. I think this is the first July 4th in many years to not have double exp. Really shocking D:
  14. Siren Well-Known Member

[IMG]
  15. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Ya know they didn't have to give us anything. I am thankful and appreciative for this sale and status bonus. DB can't even give us a sale without being bashed. How sad.
    Siren, Moonpanther and Spindle like this.
  16. Enoa Member

I prefer status over experience bonus tbh.
  17. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Same for me.
    Siren likes this.
  18. Spindle Well-Known Member

Ditto here.
    Siren likes this.
  19. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

? R2T? That is not even live yet or is it.
    Siren likes this.
  20. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Same here, I didn't want double xp cause hell half the time you out level zones too fast with just the member bonus. All my new toons are doing this game like it was supposed to be done. I missed out on so much with my first toon in the rush to get to cap to keep up with the guildies I had then. So not important to me.

I'm amazed though, I wanted some status love both personal and guild,,,,got it. Then had the nerve to suggest marketplace love (hey never know until you ask) and low and behold we got it. I'm a very very happy camper!!!!! :D
    Avahlynn, HaphazardAllure and Siren like this.