4k Monitors

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Barwyn, Jun 28, 2023.

1. Barwyn Member

I just bought a 4k monitor and EQ2 is the only game out of several older games that doesn't the resolution of the 4k monitors.

When are you going to fix this. Seems like being able to resize windows and font size in all windows should be fairly easy to do.

I just upgraded my 8 year old monitor that died on me. Pretty soon 4k monitors are going to be the only option out there.
    Jovie, Siren and Twyla like this.
  2. Clintsat Well-Known Member

If you migrate to Darqui, a lot of those things are fixed.
    Vlkodlak likes this.
  3. Barwyn Member

It fixes some windows but not all. If the game wants returning players to stay, then this needs to be addressed. My point is more people will be upgrading to 4k monitors expecting the ability to resize windows and text like they can do in other older games. They stay for a few days then stop playing. This is one of the biggest concerns I hear and agree with.

Most people don't bother to post so I thought I'd post here hopefully this will be corrected in the near future.
    Jovie, Siren and Twyla like this.
  4. Siren Well-Known Member

Is the 4k Darqui a monthly payment, or do you only pay for it once?
  5. Barwyn Member

there are different levels starting at $3.00 per month
  6. Barwyn Member

Really wish Eq2 would correct this.
    Siren likes this.
  7. Beee Well-Known Member

8. Barwyn Member

Nice to know. Guess I didn't read the notes closely enough. Seemed to me that you needed to be a supporter to get the resized windows. My mistake then.

I still believe that the Dev's need to address this. 4k is soon to become the standard for all monitors and people won't play a game that requires a 3rd party skin to play.

DarqUI Rocks BTW!
  9. sugarmetender New Member

I got the patreon sub for one year and can say you get everything in large or 4k, not just a few windows. My monitor is 2k but I tried the 4k stuff and it was GINORMOUS. They have a 2k option that is perfect for my screen.