45 soloing question?

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Yer, Jun 7, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Yer Guest

I want to start off by making clear, I am not looking for th biggest thing you have ever soloed. I am a 45 warlock. Till now, most soloing I have done has been on Feerrott. I have done little exploring on LS or EF, since the times I have gone there, I thought I would die at every turn. Lately, when I play, I either do not have the time to put into a group or I just feel like soling. My question is this, where can a level 45 warlock go to solo where he can get decent xp? I also realize that .3-.4% xp, is the best I will probably get. (including vitality) Any positive imput is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for you thoughts,
  2. ARCHIVED-Fepple Guest

I'd have to say going to Everfrost would be worth looking at. Maybe go for some Stags, or bears in the tundra
    terror area, loads of spiders in the tunnel leading to tundra terror area. I recall them as being 46-47 solo mobs.

There isnt a great deal of (unpredictable) aggro around there anymore, but its still kind of cramped so cant use BG for every fight.

Not 100% on how this would work out for you, as EF was changed a fair bit recently but worth a look.

As a side note: Personally I could never find a tank to play with, so I duo'd LOADS with guild mate warlock of same level from 42-47. It works even if you only have an hour to play, as their is no lumbering group to organise. I really think that was some of the most rewarding fighting i've done in EQ2 and would really recommend it to anyone. (edit: rewarding as in fun and challenging (but also loot/xp)).
    Message Edited by Fepple on 06-07-2005 03:30 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-MilkToast Guest

I would recommend EF, I've been soloing there successfully since level 43 (I'm now 49). I do not like soloing in LS, mobs seem to have more HP than comparable mobs in EF and there's very little room to operate.
  4. ARCHIVED-Tanatus Guest

Go to Mino area and stay there till lvl 47-48....
    Your main prey is Bighorn Sheeps - easy to kill none agro, none social, relatively low resistance, not high HP - each kill should net you around 0.5-0.6% with vita may be more. From solo mob kill every single solo conned mino - they will die in single nuke of ND (Adept 3). Avoid - valkire (track load HP) and wolfs - very fast attack you'll get a lot interrupts plus both mob net very little exp per kill...
    At lvl 47 move to LS in are near SE and kill Tyr Protectors - they are lvl 50 but have unbelievable low resistance vs. noxious damage - each kill with vita net ~1-1.5%. HP not high... Alternatively you may wack tundra terrors in EF - I not like em much since they tend to resist once in a while root and cause extra downtime because of that. Avoid drakotas for some reason they tend to resist root a lot
  5. ARCHIVED-Yer Guest

Thank you all for the suggestions, I will try them out when I get home from work.
  6. ARCHIVED-Panador Guest

I've been soloing mainly in LS since 42 (46 now), main reason is the asslong run back to your shard if you die in EF. Once you can activate the teleporter in LS things get a lot easier and you can solo those defenders of Thyr, or solo the new solo gobs near the LS starting area, conned white to me at 45, blue now at 46, takes a bit but the loot is nice.
  7. ARCHIVED-Yer Guest

Ok, I went to Ef last night. I found the Bighorn sheep, solo and heroic. I could easily kill the solo ones, but I only get about 0.15% xp off each. So I assume you are talking about the heroic ones. I tried to kill one, each time, I would root him with BG, DOT, Debuff, then nuke him. I could get him down to about half health, then the root would break, he would charge me and take me down to half health in 1-2 hits, so I ran. I am obviously doing something wrong. Can anyone please give me some pointers on how to last longer please? I tried to download the video from the guy who said he soloed level 50^^, to get some ideas, but I can not get it to run. Again, any help is very appreciated.
    Message Edited by Yer on 06-08-2005 05:05 AM
  8. ARCHIVED-Fepple Guest

Bony Grasp, nuke, frozen manacles just before BG wears off, dont hit it, when BG is back up rinse and repeat.

Make sure there are no DOTs on the mob while FM is holding it - as they break it. You can do this by casting them (DOTs) right after BG is cast, or cancel them on your maintained spells. Watch out for DOT on BSS.

While FM is on is a good time to convert health to mana.
  9. ARCHIVED-BaronVonPitviper Guest

As it stands at your level, solo exp is really all about quantity. It was great finding double down group mobs to kill like lizzies in Feerrott back in the day. As you approach 47-50, without the trio or full group bonus you have to really work your butt off to level. It is much "easier" now in the fact that Sony has added many many more 45-47 solo type mobs. I ended grinding through 48 and 49 in Everfrost killing everything in sight. Get good food and drink and prepare to lay waste to each mob in your casting range. The level 49 bears and the linked bear and cubs are the best exp in the area. I ran out of vitatlity 1/2 through 48, but even into 49 it still ended up being on average 15 mobs per 1% exp. The Kromrise Hermits and glacier polar bears (non aggro ones) have the least amount of HPs so hit those whenever you see them. Galebreaker Pilgrims are nice to dark pillage on, cause they really like to cast on you.
    It's much quicker leveling to get a healer and a tank and trio in Permafrost when you can. That exp bonus is nice. But if you have a crazy RL schedule and you must solo, get yourself out to Guardians Gulch and perpare to work nonstop. Don't look at your exp bar, just kill. You'll haul in backpacks and backpacks loaded with merchant sellables so you may have to Call back every so often to sell. Tusks, skulls, adepts, TS books, and basic armor sells for 1.87 gold. The advanced armor sells for a bit more. The pelts and blood sell for around 25 silver. I save the blood for TSing.
    It can get boring, but just prepare your mind ahead of time. You will haul in some nice cash. But the best incentive of all is to scribe your Adept3 Devastation you have sitting in your backpack. That spell is truely worth all the hard work.
    Good luck brothers and sisters.
  10. ARCHIVED-Tanatus Guest

Basic tactic is
    If mob is green-blue heroic (or if you particular bored or brave you can use same tactic on while-yellow heroic) ...
    Pull from maximum distance to safe spot with ND stun with TNN and land Bonny - if bonny or TNN resist just run. If they stick - land CM then CoE then proceed with HOs - normally you should have at least 1 extra shot on ND before root start comming to expiration. At this moment - cancel CM and cancel BSS post effect DOT, cast FM and back off a little. Use time while BG timer refreshing for canibalization and chain casting FM on mob or alternatively you can lock mob with PF (since no dots it wont brakes). Once timer on BG refreshed - land it if it resisted keep casting FM/PF till BG timer refresh self again. If BG stick - refresh immideatly CM and proceed with nukage. If by time on BG remain ~10s you got mob under 10% of health dont use FM instead use TNN and you will have time for 1 more ND-BSS attack at least
  11. ARCHIVED-MilkToast Guest

I use the following basic spell sequence on ++ mobs:
    CM, CE, BG, HO, BSS, NB, ND, IF, HO, BSS, NB, FM, FM, {repeat sequence}
    n.b. CE only needs to be cast every other sequence
    For those who don't like acronyms:
    CM - chaotic maelstrom (adept 1)
    CE - curse of emptiness (adept 1)
    BG - bony grasp (adept 1)
    HO - heroic opportunity starter
    BBS - Bellengers Sapping Salvo (level 30 training spell - adept 2)
    NB - Noxious Bolt (adept 3)
    ND - Nil Distortion (master 1)
    IF - Ice Flame (adept 2)
    FM - Frozen Manacles (adept 1)
    Each spell in this sequence must be executed quickly or BG will expire before you can cast FM. If there's a resist then I either use flashfreeze, FM and/or TNN (taro's necrotic nebula) to get the mob under control or run like hell. If the mobs almost dead (so I don't need to repeat an entire sequence again) I'll just use TNN and nuke to death. Also, you have to be fairly close to use IF so I'm constantly reposition myself (I start at max range for BG, move in between casts for IF and then back away to max range for FM). Depending on resist, green and blue ++ mobs die in 2 sequences, white and yellow ++ mobs take 3.

Message Edited by MilkToast on 06-08-200508:26 AM
    Message Edited by MilkToast on 06-08-2005 08:26 AM
    Message Edited by MilkToast on 06-08-2005 08:27 AM
    Message Edited by MilkToast on 06-08-2005 08:28 AM
  12. ARCHIVED-doktoren Guest

* Heroic ^^ mob Walkthrough *I soloed leopards and numbfoot hunters at level 45 as far as i remember. At 46 i went on to terrors, cyclones and mammoths. All heroic ^^ mobs. This is the exact order i cast the spells in to kill either of these mobs. Bony Grasp, Nil Distortion, BBS, Nox Bolt, Chaotic Mael, Curse of something(poison debuff that gives nil cryst), BBS, Nox Bolt, Nil Distortion, Frozen manacles, Frozen manaclesand then from the top till mob dies.. queue all spells on each other and the timing will be right.If mobs resist root use flashfreeze then long stun (im using 40 trait.. guess either the 35 or 45 spell will do as well) and reroot. When going to the terror area stay clear of the level 49 mobs as they will be too high for flash freeze. There are plenty of 48 mobs.If first bony grasp gets resisted /yell and run it off and start over. If bony grasp gets resisted in the middle of fight keep it rooted with manacles or the fear root if you dont have dots or bbs ticking till bony grasp recycles.At level 50 throw in devastation after curse of something. This will make the bony grasp run out like 1 sec before the frozen manacles land, but unless you are standing too close to the mob this shouldnt matter.. just move back 2 steps and continue.If things go wrong /yell and run it off.. Dont think you can take 2 hits while casting that frozen manacles cause 80% of the time you cant. And you are going to kick yourself all the way back to the shard for not running.. its much faster regaining mana and starting over than it is running all the way back from island =)HO's are the devil.Try this out if you have problems with your own tactics.. or make up and even better tactic for yourself. This is a nice class with plenty of opportunity so experiment and have fun.Btw running out of mana has never been a problem for me. Im using Invoker Robe so dont know if that has a big effect. If you struggle with power use the converter spells in between the frozen manacles spellsLuniz50 WarlockOggok
  13. ARCHIVED-Yer Guest

Thanks again guys. As I said before, I mostly soloed lizardmen in Ferrott, and have never tried to solo a heroic ^^. I was VERY lucky and looted a tattered robe a few weeks ago, so now I have the robe of the invoker, so power is not a problem. I have FM, DD, Flasfreeze and ND all Adept 3, so I am guessing I have enough firepower. Again, thank you for all your suggestions, I will try them after work today.

Yerej
    45 Warlock
    Oasis
    Message Edited by Yer on 06-08-2005 08:56 AM
  14. ARCHIVED-CrimsonAvenger Guest

Yerej,

Here are some non lethal suggestions. I found the ^^ giants/terrors/snowcats/sheep are NOT worth the time and recovery and risk. One oopsie it seems and you are dead. It's very hectic and very stressful. I don't know about the rest of the warlocks, but if I don't want the pressure of a group at times, then I don't need this pressure either.

So here is an alternate suggestion.

Still in Everfrost. Go through the tunnel of spiders and fight the perimeter of the area from there to the giant tunnel. Bears, stags, mammoths, and valkeries. All solo (well sometimes the bears have a V add). Most dont aggro. Only things to watch out for are the Ghost of Tundra Jack who wanders, the terrors, and the Terror vortex (rare named). You can almost chain kill. At level 49 (when most were blue/white to me) I was still getting about 15% an hour or so (with vitality) and if you are in a guild and a patron, the last 2 (mammoths and valkeries) are 45+ solo writs. So killing the 25 valks and the 20 mammoths and the aggro that might add inbetween I got the 15% or so then went back for more writs or just stopped there.

Low stress. Low chance of dying. Only downside is possibly boredom. For me it was: Torrent, TNS, ND, BSS and then death. Maybe a flashfreeze of paralyze if the have a smudge of life left. Most mobs never even get to attack you and you can kill em as fast as you can find em. No chance of clearing the area unless it is saturated with more than 4 or 5 other soloers.

Beware camping the spider cave: Tundra Jack now prowls the cave on his route!

Hope this helps

Message Edited by CrimsonAvenger on 06-08-2005 10:46 AM
  15. ARCHIVED-Tanatus Guest

Actually I'd suggest you kill Tundra Jack every time you see it ... good exp... I kill it first time at lvl 46 thou (bugged version then only 1 mob spawn).
    Terrors indeed not the best prey ... to many HP, giants in LS by SE much more attractive prey
  16. ARCHIVED-Panador Guest

Uhm... kill Tundra Jack?:smileyindifferent:
    I know he' been soloed by a lvl 50 warlock but can you do it pre+50? He's an epic x2 (or more) mob after all, with an (i guess) equally strong pet.
  17. ARCHIVED-Tanatus Guest

So what? mob is **** the only problem is keep root on bear. But as I said I soloed bugged version of Jack (bear was doing scuba fishing). Each of those 2 named weaker then tundra terrors
  18. ARCHIVED-jaythedogg Guest

Level 43 & I have soloed the 48 Tundra Terrors, albeit, you can't let them hit you, it is like an insta death, but otherwise doable, especially if you have regen items, like ROTI & such.
  19. ARCHIVED-Tanatus Guest

Screw the EF :) go to new TS gnoll instance great loot, good exp, no lockout timer - grind it before it get nerfed
  20. ARCHIVED-SilentSam Guest

Do you have to pre-order to get into this new area like you did with Bloodlines?