3rd toon for dps

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-tarb, Oct 19, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-tarb Guest

whats best for a dps class for 2 or 3 boxing, I really like pet classes so was either looking at Conj or Necro but I know wizards are the more dps but maybe not as fun what do you guys think.
  2. ARCHIVED-Crowflight Guest

Either sorceror or summoner does nicely, so if you like the pet classes go for one of those. I have a conjurer as my third and it works very well. Depends mostly on what they are grouped with so you should list the classes you are (or will be) multi-boxing if you want advice about which class will make the best addition to your specific group.
  3. ARCHIVED-tarb Guest

My 1st two are Zerker and Mystic, i have it narrowed down to either necro or wiz, i think the necro would benifit me more specially with fd and rez
  4. ARCHIVED-Crowflight Guest

Necro debuffs disease/poison which meshs well with Mystic and also has fear. Wizard would give you evac. I would also consider Warlock if you haven't already rejected it for some reason, since you get better multi-target dps than necro or wizard which fits more with the Zerker plus the benefits of debuffing disease/poison like the necro.

Sounds like you are already inclined towards the Necro - definitely a good choice I am sure you won't regret it, it's a very versatile class and in frantic situations where you need to spend time micro-managing the zerker and mystic, the pet is still doing decent dps with only minimal attention. Summoners do not get there dps pets until around level 20 (mage) and around level 30 (scout) so don't be too discouraged by the tank pet you start with.
  5. ARCHIVED-Crim001 Guest

All depends on what you need. Wizzie and warlock will deal a lot of damage real fast, but a summoner will pull out ahead over a long fight.
    If you're going to be exping off single heroics, necro would probably be best imo.