30 Days, 10 Crafters, 300 Attempts, ZERO Reactants

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Deornwulf, Jan 23, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Deornwulf Guest

I have 10 crafters, 9 of which are now at level 90. I have completed the TS Quests every day, at least 300 times.
    I have yet to get a reactant as a drop, not even on my under 90s.
    I am cursed.
  2. ARCHIVED-wullailhuit Guest

7 assistants and 30 days...1 reactant...and I'm almost as cursed.....others in the guild....5 assistant and 6 reactants...and 3 wins from EoW.
  3. ARCHIVED-Troubor Guest

Only four here that are t9, but 51 days and zero reactants, at least via apprentices. I was going to say via crafting, but I did get one via a prayer shawl proc, albeit someone else was making something for me with one I bought.
    For the record, I've bought 2 (one at a discount from a friend), had one drop that I didn't win, but was given by someone from EoW, and the prayer shawl proc via someone else crafting an item. Again none via apprentices as of today.
    But I know people whom have gotten two in the first week they had AoD. Another whom has a good 7 or 8 now, maybe more and have 9 crafters. RNG is..just random. But yes, it does get frustrating too. All one can do is keep trying. *shrugs*.
    And hey, it is fun to research the recipes. I do hate the 20 common raws as the booby prize, maybe make that reward something like a single city token, but I already posted a thread about that a month ago. And before someone says otherwise, I can appricate the apprentices overall and still dislike getting 20 commons. :p
    As an aside, I do think at least the t9/colossals should stay quite rare until if/when the level cap is raised to 100, assuming items from new content before a level 100 cap don't get higher stats on avergae before then. So no, I'm not someone who thinks colossals should be a more common drop either. :p
  4. ARCHIVED-Illmarr Guest

Random means streaks. I went from AoD launch until last Tuesdays patch, over 200 across 9 crafters with no reactant. Patch day last week I got 3/9 first time through and wondered, "Coincidence? I think not". Coincidence I think so, not a one since.
  5. ARCHIVED-Dessellion4 Guest

Ok I probably shouldn't say anything but with 8 level 90 crafters and doing each one every day since launch, I have 7 colossal reactants to date. Used 5 and got 3 server discos.
    Sorry
  6. ARCHIVED-CrypticEnigma Guest

Hmm bout 6 90 tradeskilled too many rinse repeat TA quests not one darm reactant (I actually sepnt the 1900 plat to buy one) but hey I got a ton of raws....its too hit or miss at this point
  7. ARCHIVED-Illmarr Guest

Arcos@Splitpaw wrote:
    Congrats. That's the beauty of random and I have no issue with it. Got 3 disco's myself
  8. ARCHIVED-Tayne Guest

After doing it since AOD launch with 9 crafters, I finally got one about three weeks ago .. then another two in the weeks that followed. So three so far for me. I'm happy with that -- certainly would love to have more, but at least I finally got the elusive collossal :)
  9. ARCHIVED-Caela Guest

My very first quest turn in I got a colossal reactant on my lone 90 crafter... I've gotten another crafter to 90 since then, and no other colossal. I've gotten several of the reactants on my below 90 crafters.
    I should work on getting the other crafters to 90 for more of a shot at "the lottery" as I call the tradeskill quests.
  10. ARCHIVED-Chronus1 Guest

Got one on day 6. I've seen less than 10 between my main guild and my alt guild from the TS apprentice quests. It seems to be an incentive to get people to actually research the items rather than a proper supply of them, which come from Elements of war and Tower of tactics instead.
  11. ARCHIVED-Jaremai Guest

12 crafters @ 90, doing them daily since they were available, 6 colossal reactants
    1 crafter @ 47, just started doing the dailies 10 days ago, 2 whatever-reactants
    On Guk, colossals remain above 1100p on the broker, and seem to sell for 900-1100 when auctioned seperately.
  12. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

I have 33 crafters, 25 of whom are level 90. So far I have gotten 5 Colossals. My husband with a similar number of crafters has gotten 7.
    This is my experience after 45 days of crafting (with a few lapses here and there):
    Reactants: 22
    5 Colossal
    1 Abberant
    6 Simmering
    4 Mummuring
    6 Humming
    Potions: 452
    Raws: 825
  13. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Chronus1 wrote:
    Oh? I was under the impression that colossal reactants are quite rare in those zones. What have you observed for a drop rate from these zones?
  14. ARCHIVED-Proud_Silence Guest

3 x90 crafters, slightly over 100 researches, 0 reactants.
    So far i have seen Colossal Reactants drop from Boss in Drunder 2, 3, and last 2 bosses in EoW. Unfortunately haven't won any, price on Nagafen is pretty stable around 1800pp +/- 300pp since AoD launch
    Anyone ever seen a reactant from contested Kael ?
  15. ARCHIVED-darwich Guest

Lateana@The Bazaar wrote:
    im sorry... that must be a typo... 33???? ummm wow?
  16. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

Its not a typo. I am an altaholic LOL.
  17. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

33 crafters? yeah - in our guild we have someone with around that figure if not more or slightly less in crafters - most all are 90 crafters AND quite a number are also 90 adventurers.
    Needless to say, I got one of those tradeskill assistants - put it in my home with some nekkid mannequin then left it so it could do it's thang - that was about a few weeks ago or more. Don't remember. Haven't been back since. /shrug
  18. ARCHIVED-darkpit Guest

just so i understand this right, i know you get them from the TA quest's, but can you also get them from Crafting as well? if so is it any 90 recipes or what?
  19. ARCHIVED-thewarriorpoet Guest

Lateana@The Bazaar wrote:
    25 lvl90 crafters * 40 day (to account for lapses; also being overly causious) = 1000 assistant quest rewards (cool, a nice round number).
    5 colossals / 1000 rewards = 0.005 chance for a lvl90 reactant.
    That's a half of a percent chance (0.5%) of getting one as a crafter. SoE, that is TOO LOW.
    Thank you for the numbers Lateana!
  20. ARCHIVED-Mizlek Guest

thewarriorpoet wrote:
    Isn't that about the same as harvesting a tier 9 rare? Sans AA's.

-Miz