3 mount related questions (requests?)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Venea, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Venea New Member

First question. Could it at all be possible for the "hide mount" feature to be an individual character option? As in I don't want to show my mount on my Warden, but I DO want to show my mount on my Coercer. Similar to hats, hoods, and cloaks.

Second question, related to the first! For characters with hidden mounts, could it be possible to nix the "no non-player illusions while mounted!" thing? Like how Illies can't use Illusion: Gnoll and have a mount at the same time...or Wardens and wolf form, Furies and lion form. I'm zooming along the ground at mach 4 on two legs here! It would at least look better, for Wardens and Furies anyway, to be in a 4 legged animal form :B. Illies....well, let the Gnoll run fast too :B It's simply disappointing to have an illusion you REALLY like, only to have to run at slower than 99.9% of the rest of the populous speed in order to use it. :\

Third question! For the disc/cloud/carpet mounts....could we maybe get a more confident stance, rather than the "I think I may fall off of this...." stance we currently use?
    What comes to mind is actually from another game: Warhammer Online. The Chaos Magus rode on a disc 100% of the time, and the stance was one of pure confidence.
    I think it would look awesome to fly (even on the ground, fly :B) into combat with one of two animations, depending on weaponry 2 handed staff: well...just like the Magus does :B. 1 handed weapon, at the ready, angled out and down. A few thoughts come to mind on 2 handed swords/axes, but nothing terribly concrete :B

Just my two bits! :D
    Sapienta and suka like this.
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

First question, hide mount is a clientside feature & it hides all mounts but only for you unlike the show cloak, hoods & helm features. Anyone else who happens to have mounts on still see your mounts even if you have them set to never show. It would be nice if we could set it by character though. Due to the way it works though I'm not sure it would be possible.

I agree 100% with the illusions. I'd like to see all illusions either show while mounted (whether mounts are shown or not) or override the visual for the mount. Player race or similar illusions (BLC vampire illusion and orc illusions for example) would be ideal to just show mounted or not. Others like animal forms or illusions with extreme size or technical difficulties (can't sit on a mount very well with a snaky or fishy rear end). Some illusions show while mounted, but it isn't consistant even with player race illusions.
  3. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

I wonder if there's a way to macro a button to toggle /hide mounts. I have no idea if you can do that with options, but the slash command you can do (/hidemounts? is that the command?) and put that on your hotbar (if you have room.) or on page one of emotes and just hit o and tab to the page with it. Would be nice if it saved individually to each toon, but i think it's account wide.
    Ohh I like the idea of having illusions on with flight wings. Flying, deer, lions and wolves! and the hawk illusion should be usable as appearance for flying anyway!. XD Not really sure about the speed with just the illusions visible. I just use a mount in overland areas and enjoy my illusions in instances. XD Can't really picture a 4 legged beastie riding a mount though. o.0

I think the perfect pose for riding the carpets would be sitting cross legged like in the art I've seen of Arabian Nights (although other artwork it's the standing, knee-bendy surfing pose we have). ^_^ Or kneeling if it's easier for the animators.
    [IMG]
  4. Ynnek Well-Known Member

More specifically, it's a setting stored on your computer as part of your game options. (It's saved in eq2_recent.ini). The underlying command is:

/suspend_mount_mode 0 <- Show Always
    /suspend_mount_mode 1 <- Hide During Combat
    /suspend_mount_mode 2 <- Never Show

And you can type it, put it in a macro, etc...