3 Classes ONLY - NEEDED......

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Dethica_WARLOCK, May 13, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Dethica_WARLOCK Guest

[p]I'm looking to start a PBAoE group.[/p][p]Shadowknights[/p][p]Warlocks[/p][p]Necromancers[/p][p]Please send a tell to Icqur / Dethica / Psyz or Haqur[/p][p] [/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-SkuaII Guest

conjurors or swashys?
  3. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

[p]Yeah, properly spec'd swashy does mad out of encounter AEing. You might consider adding one.[/p][p]Oh, and.....umm......You might consider saying what server you are on.[/p][p]Even better, wth do you need an AE group for?[/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-agressiv4 Guest

Probably wants to mass farm trash like the goblins in PoF. The body drops alone will net a lot of plat. If you can PBAOE everything, it will fall much faster than targeted encounter AOEs. Edit: a warlock is probably not the best choice as there is only one PBAOE spell as well as one Ancient Teachings (Rift) which has a 3 min recast timer. SK and Swashy are your best choices, along with Conj probably. agressiv
  5. ARCHIVED-EpokSilvermoon Guest

Agaxiq@Unrest wrote:
    Last time I counted two true PBAOEs: 1. Chaostorm (7.1 recast) and 2. Rift (2m41s) :p Put a Warlock together with a Berzerker and you can have some nice and fun PBAOE mayhem ;)
  6. ARCHIVED-Aranieq Guest

well aside from the crusaders with like what.. 8 true blues.. most of the AoE classes have 1-3 blue spells rest of their ae damage being greeen...
    and warlocks own blue eryone allways forgets broodlings... not to mention netherous realm.

Coercers have Blue stun / dd wich makes for langing rift anf SK tap veins very nice...
    SK's with a coercer can tank very nicly against a warlock in the blue arena. they have even more blue damage than us.

Here's the Blue: AoE hostile search results from Battlemage:
    Blue: AoE Hostile
    • (65) Rift -- Warlock
      • Knocks all enemies in a large area around the warlock into the air. Anyone affected is stunned, and receives a large amount of damage when they land. This spell consumes a nil crystal.
        • Target Type: Blue: AoE Hostile
        • Spell Type: Direct Damage
          • Mastery: Unknown
    • (58) Netherous Realm -- Warlock
      • Creatres a powerful negative energy field around the warlock that continually radiates. Anyone affected by the radiation will be dealt additional poison damage every time they are the target of a hostile poison based spell. This spell has a recurrent power cost.
        • Spell Type: DoT
    • (58) Chaostorm -- Warlock
      • Interrupts and deals great amounts of poison damage over time to all enemies surrounding the warlock.
        • Spell Type: DoT
    • (55) Null Caress -- Warlock
      • Teleports nearby targets, up to six, to a random location nearby and stuns them briefly. Also decreases movement speed drastically on the affected targets
        • Spell Type: De-aggro
    • (52) Dark Infestation -- Warlock
      • Does poison damage over time to the target, and also has a chance to summon up to three dark broodlings to attack the target every time the target receives noxious damage. Be warned, dark broodlings are extremely unstable entities and will attack everything nearby while they're present
        • Spell Type: Dumbfire
    • (70) Firestorm -- Wizard
      • Deals great amounts of heat damage to all enemies surrounding the wizard
    • (64) Deluge -- Conjuror
      • Deals instant cold damage and decreases the movement speed of target enemy and surrounding encounter members
    • (58) Seismic Tremor -- Conjuror
      • Violently shakes the earth around the conjurer, dealing crushing damage and knocking down all nearby enemies. The crushing damage penetrates through some of the crush resistance of the enemies
    • (70) Sonic Boom -- Coercer
      • A powerful psychic attack that stuns all enemies surrounding the coercer in a large area, also dealing mental damage to all that are affected
        • Spell Type: DD Stun
    • (40) Reek of Terror -- Coercer
      • Augmentation, placed only on the Coercer, which when being struck in combat forces an attacker to flee in fear, and reduces Hate towards the caster while the attacker is fleeing
    • (15) Blink -- Enchanter
      • Reduces hate towards the enchanter from opponents in the immediate area and randomly teleports the enchanter to a random location nearby
    • (70) Solar Shower -- Illusionist
      • Deals mental damage over time and stifles the illusionist's enemies in an area near the target of the spell.
        • Spell Type: Stiffle
          • Mastery:
  7. ARCHIVED-agressiv4 Guest

Epok@Splitpaw wrote:
    You only reiterated what I said :) You must have the AGI line, Rift by the books is 3min recast. I wouldn't count Netherous Realm since its really just a proc to something that takes damage (not that I'm knocking it, but its not a true "Blue" AOE") Null Caress doesnt do any damage, and Dark Infestation is really a more of a Single Target Dot than an AOE. Yes, the broodlings will do AOE damage, but not enough to warrant calling it a true PBAOE. Since broodlings will die after the target is dead, casting it against a triple down probably won't spawn broodlings at all since the mob will die too fast.

So, I'll reiterate, the Warlock is not the best class for a PBAOE group. There are others who can put out more PBAOE damage (SK, Swashy) and can take the hits if they get agro.

SK:
    55 Tap Veins - AE Lifetap
    63 Death Circle - Blue AE Disease DoT
    65 Pestilence - chain reaction DoT that will infect others if target dies before termination. On down arrow trash, this is likely to be true.
    70 Unending Misery - Blue AE Disease DoT
    Hammer Ground - AE Knockdown - Crusader STA Line

Swashy
    52 Hurricane - Buff that allows for AE damage
    62 Dashing Swathe - AE Melee / Knockdown
    70 Lucky Ploy - AE Melee

I might be missing some with the swashy (I dont play one), but you get the idea. Swashy might have fewer AE's than SK but they'll do more damage.

agressiv
  8. ARCHIVED-Aranieq Guest

Agaxiq@Unrest wrote:
    well as for broodlings, they dont die after the mob dies they stay up and continue to emit ae damage untill they expire. If you care to test is cast broodlings on a mob in maj dul and walk around while they are still up after the mob has died.. you get aggro. I was under the assumption they stopped casting and went passive after the mob died as well until I got grey mobs hitting me for boodling actions.

as for netherous realm... if you are a warlock and doing blue noxious damage netherous realm is fair to assume triggered on each wave... ie its a blue dot. The fact that it takes another blue dot/dd to trigger it makes it no less blue damage since you allready doing that damage in a normal spell cycle, especially if you have broodlings up or another ae noxious caster like an SK. SK's also have another blue I forget the details on t but the bloodlines one for them is blue. (the crusader one.. its some debuff and damage as I recall- I don't actually play a SK), but swashy is more dps than SK hands down, but Sk can heal themselves and tank and ect...

the list i put up was just the blue search you can weed out the non damage ones from there easily by removing null caress, blink (they say spell type, weather just hostile or actual damage in the list)... but broodlings is amazing ae damage and NR is not bad eiterh.. against 2+ mobs its incredible efficiency. Does anyone actually cast dark infestation hoping to get the DoT damage off it?

Warlock Page on this page the Warlock Spell efficiency charts (based on Hastenings/explosives AGI) shows Netherous realm and broodlings damage efficiency.
  9. ARCHIVED-Prrasha Guest

Aranieq wrote:
    Illus have blue spells, but this ain't one of them. The Color Shower/Solar Shower line are green AEs. All the Illusionist's blue spells are deaggros.

So... this "eq battlemage" site seems to be a poor choice to search for this sort of information.

(And there's only one F in stifle.)
  10. ARCHIVED-Aranieq Guest

appreciate the feedback. Would have been more productive to just say "its labeled wrong and should be green etc.." but however you prefer to give correction feedback, it's still appreciated. and BM is happy to have feedback regardless of politeness involved. It's been changed: [ul][li] (70) Solar Shower [/li][ul][li]Deals mental damage over time and stifles the illusionist's enemies in an area near the target of the spell. [ul][li]Target Type: Green: Encounter Hostile [/li][li]Spell Type: Stifle [ul][li]Mastery:[/li][/ul][/li][/ul][/li][/ul][/ul]thanks again
  11. ARCHIVED-agressiv4 Guest

Aranieq wrote:
    OK, I stand corrected. Broodlings used to be bugged when i last had a warlock 52+, and half the time they either would never pop or would just pop and sit there and do nothing, to say nothing about sticking around after the mob died. Heck, the DoT didnt even apply for 3 some seconds after it was cast.

agressiv
  12. ARCHIVED-Balthis Guest

Aranieq wrote:
    I know it's an old message but still. Don't forget that Conjuror caster pets get what.. 3 AE's and the tank pet gets at least 1 or 2 plus shockwave. With pet up the conjuror is #2 after Warlock for AE damage IMO.