280 AA Boost Bauble?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Cratoh, Oct 26, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Zergosch Guest

280 AA Points bauble, nice to have, but it would not take that long to grind up without it, thats one thing why i dont care if its coming or not :)
    Beside of that fact, normaly soe dont give 2 .... about what we do think, as long as they get some
    Dont get me wrong, there´s nothing bad about that, just a company among so many ^^
  2. ARCHIVED-Juggercap Guest

Tommara wrote:
    You misunderstand me. When I say you need AAs to 'actually' level your character, I'm saying that adventure levels are not the only thing to consider. If you care, you will level your AAs as well.
    And I skipped commenting on it the first time around, but...
    ZachSpastic wrote:
    What makes you think I haven't actually played the game? That's just silly.
  3. ARCHIVED-bucketon Guest

I've levelled my character up by soloing quests, and he seems to be doing ok, level 86 and 220 aa so far.
    I think i coul only do that once though, it was fun first time, but if i wanted to start another character i dont think it would be a lot of fun to go through all the same quests again, not for a long time anyway.
    I think people in that bracket are stuck, because theres zero grouping as you level up.
  4. ARCHIVED-Frostflower Guest

Juggercap wrote:
    No, I didn't misunderstand you. I just didn't agree.
    You don't need max AA to solo the content as it is, and if you solo and try to get the AA, you'll get so over-powered, it's boring. Caring has nothing to do with it.
    You do need the AA to do content in Skyshrine.
  5. ARCHIVED-Tommara Guest

Oops, Frostflower is my second account. Shouldn't have tried to post before I got enough caffeine.
  6. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

Sigh..... Why does nearly every discussion on this forum turn into a " its my way or the highway" type of thing.
    Oh well, I like the idea of the AA booster because I have some poor little critters that won't be able to get AAs after the changes to XP since they have to mentor down to keep quests green, which won't work either in the future LOL. So they need all the help they can get.
  7. ARCHIVED-Juggercap Guest

Frostflower wrote:
    Fair enough. I'll agree to disagree. Since I did level my AAs, solo content is mind-numbingly boring. That's why I wouldn't mind more difficult solo content.
    And my second comment included that "If you care about your character being able to perform at a high level, you care about AAs." That should have put into context what I meant by caring. I guess I'll agree to disagree again if you think getting to max level and taking on solo content is all that's needed. Play your way and all, but then I can't play my way. Oh well. They can't balance for min AAs vs max AAs, so it's either too hard for some or boring for others.
  8. ARCHIVED-Tommara Guest

Juggercap wrote:
    Well, I guess I did misunderstand you after all, lol. My apologies.
    However, they can balance for min AAs vs max AAs by removing the gating for solo quests (including the 280 AA requirement to level beyond 90) and put AA gates on Skyshrine or higher group zones. Lower level group zones were not designed for 300+ AA or mercs and should not be gated since they can be soloed, unless redesigned. Or allow AA to be visible just like levels are if they are as important as levels to people recruiting for group members. It's perfectly reasonable for people to reject someone with only 200 AA just as they would a level 80 for a level 92+ zone.
  9. ARCHIVED-Juggercap Guest

Tommara wrote:
    Even if they removed the gate for the levels, they still can't balance the solo mobs to be interesting for both 92 with min AAs vs 90-92 with max AAs. AAs make too much of a difference. (Add class balance in and it gets even harder.)
  10. ARCHIVED-EternallyConfuzzled Guest

Juggercap wrote:
    I don't see why they need to balance for both extremes. When RoK came out you got your butt handed to you if you weren't geared up and specced to handle the new content. It was as simple as that. No gates or balance, just getting stomped by overland trash mobs was sufficient to tell you that you weren't ready.
  11. ARCHIVED-Juggercap Guest

Hachi@Nektulos wrote:
    Sounds good to me...
  12. ARCHIVED-ZachSpastic Guest

Juggercap wrote:
    In EQ2 we call that Heroic content.
  13. ARCHIVED-Juggercap Guest

ZachSpastic wrote:
    I don't recall running into much of that along the solo questline.