25+ furies, can you act as the only healer well? Are you finding any anti-fury bias

Discussion in 'Fury' started by ARCHIVED-Kit_Oturea, Nov 22, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-elorei74 Guest

yes, mobs hit harder, but your heals dont heal for more.
    that pretty much sums it up.

regrowth at lvl 12 is vastly ssuperior to fleshweave at lvl 27. however, regrowth stops getting better at lvl 23, yet mobs keep hitting harder. lvl 30 clay guardians in varsoon can do over 550 in a single hit. regrowth will not keep up with this, and spamming efflor on top of it just gets you dead fast, no matter how wel the tank taunts.
  2. ARCHIVED-kcirrot Guest

I get a lot of initial class bias for being a druid and now a Fury, but that only lasts until we start playing. Then I start hearing about how I need to join their guild and who they want to introduce me to. Simply put druids and furies own. I'm a little worried about the scaling of heals that some people have mentioned, but all in all it's great.
  3. ARCHIVED-Drusilla55 Guest

Was in a group with a 28 templar, and well he had to go right after joining. I healed for about 2 hours while we looked for a new 2nd healer. Furies heal just fine, gets a little hard around 25, but when you get perdatory salve, you heal great. I found all healers heal the same, but in differnet ways. Cleric class does get a little higher heals by about 50 , but thats not much, but druids get regen.
  4. ARCHIVED-zedpol Guest

Hey guys, lvl 20 mystic here. From the shaman standpoint you druids are awesome healers, especially efficiency wise. Look at it this way, my aprentice III ward at lvl 20 costs me 49 mana to cast, it lasts 35 seconds and can prevent about 350 damage (that number might be a little off, but not by a whole lot). It has a 6 second recast time and takes 3 seconds to cast, so every 9 seconds I can prevent 350ish damage (lets do this over a minute), so in a minute i can cast my ward 6 times to prevent a total of 2100 damage. I have two seperate direct heals, forget the exact stats on them but one heals 184...costs 59 mana (i think) the other costs 60ish mana and heals around 210 (is aprentice 1 at the moment). So i can basically cast as many heals as i can inbetween my wards, but they aren't very efficient. I have 6 seconds inbetween ward casts that i can use to cast a spell, i can basically get off two heal spells, so figure 6 casts of the 184 point heal and 6 casts of the 210 point heal (which isn't upgraded at all). 6x 184 = 1104, and 6X 210= 1260. So in a minute i can heal a grand total of 4464 point of damage. That number is a little bit artifical though since if i drop a ward over my previous ward it just refreshes the ward, it isn't additive.

Now, i have no idea how much your heals do, although i was grouped with a druid last night who was lvl 21 (one level higher) and he said his regen was doing 89 per tick, and lasted for 35 seconds which = 5 or 6 ticks..not sure which, but lets pick the bigger number. So in a minute he can cast two of those, and get 10 ticks of healing out of it, so the regen can take care of 890 damage. Someone is going to have to fill in how much your heals do so we can figure the rest of your healing potential.

From the preliminary numbers, it looks to me, and this is how my experience has played out that druids are extremely efficient healers in situations where the Mobs damage output is within the healing power of the regen, once the regen is no longer sufficient than shamans or clerics become more efficient healers. So basically druids are better healers in most situations but when things get hairy than you probably want a shaman or a cleric doing the primary healing. It also looks like shamans or clerics (don't know numbers for clerics..so ic ould be totally wrong on this) can heal more per second (HPS) than a druid can, so when damage is being applied quickly a druid is goign to have a hard time keeping up. Having said that I know when my shaman (mystic) is having a hard time keeping up with heals, is that my biggest problem is my heals are not very efficient (except for my ward...but your regen makes my ward look wasteful). So really the IDEAL situation is to have a druid dropping regens to pick up where my wards are letting damage get through since your regens are so amazingly efficient. Basically the idea is to keep both classes operating in the range where their efficiency is the highest, and that range is using wards and regens. Another nice thing about the druid shaman combo is that you guys have your offensive debuffs and we have our slows, plus some offensive debuffs. So between the two of us we can really decrease the effectiviness of a mob.

Anyways, i hope my rambling made some sense. I would be really interested to see the stats on a lvl 20 druid's heals. Cast time, recast time, mana costs, and how much they heal.

In summary, i love grouping with druids. It makes the group very efficient because both the druid and i can operate in our highest efficiency range. Your DPS is pretty good, which helps kill the mob faster. Like i always says, the best damage to recieve is no damage.

Cheers,
    Zedpol

p.s. i gave up on spelling long ago, so please forgive typos/spelling errors
  5. ARCHIVED-zedpol Guest

Oops..quick clarification. All those calculations above are the max healing in a minute for each class, feel free to add or correct.
  6. ARCHIVED-Eeko Guest

My Effloresce heals for just over 300hps each cast and Bloom heals for about 180hps and has a HoT that ticks four times for 14-18 hps each tick... these are pretty much the only heals that I use (and regrowth, of course) unless the group gets in a toughy and I have to fire out my insta heal.

Eeko, 21 Fury.
  7. ARCHIVED-Kit_Oturea Guest

From what I have seen, those who are below 24th level find their healing to be fine. It is post 24 that things dive south.

The fact that a shaman can triple a fighters hit points by casting group heal and then having all the healing goto the fighter is insane and makes them the best healers by far. Taking a 1300 hit point tank to 3700 hit points is just awe inspiring. The only way to fix it to be equal is to make our group regens hit only the people injured and up the rate based on the number healed per tick.

Once the shaman ward ability becomes well known, if it is not altered, I think shamans will hold the EQ1 title of healer and clerics and druids will be secondary. Luckily furies, even though they seem to have equal heals to everyone else, are being percieved as good secondary healers and could remain in high demand.

See ya,
    Kitirat
  8. ARCHIVED-AestusCampitor Guest

Well I opted for the Druid class because of it's compatability with the shaman and cleric classes, plus it goes along best with the RP story line I have written - but I had intended from the beginning to choose Fury class (Kerra seemed a good fit for this - meow!). Now, I find myself being concerned whether the Fury is a weak healer compared to the Warden. I love the additional damage and attacks and gerneral DPS that the fury brings to the party - but does anyone know:

1. Which is the better healer of the 2
    2. Does either one get a BIG heal in the tradition of EQ1's C-Heal?

For the record, as a lvl 13 Druid I am doing very well keeping groups alive on the Freeport side of Permafrost server :) The regrowth spell works much like the 'wave' heals I enjoyed so much with my Cleric in EQ1...

Augh - 13 Kerra Druid
  9. ARCHIVED-Twizz Guest

So far (level 20 fury) I seem to heal fine. I seem to generate more aggro then other priests I've grouped with but it works :)

No idea what will happen at higher levels but I think I can keep up for a few more levels with my current heals.
  10. ARCHIVED-Verax Guest

at level 30, I am now still using my level 12 regrowth as main healing with Bloom filling in as needed. I've gotten numerous other healing spells, but none of them are better than my 12 level regen and 16th level HoT. That is sad. I'm barely managing to keep up at this point. We need some dev attention to our healing spells in the 20's.

Verax - 30 Fury - Unrest
  11. ARCHIVED-Kit_Oturea Guest

I'm looking for a fury, post 26th level, who feels we are still healing fine, or found a reason for the minimalist healing post 25. In otherwords, can anyone find a reason for this not to simply be a bug but working as intended?

Thanks,
    Kitirat
  12. ARCHIVED-elorei74 Guest

im lvl 30 and have no problem keeping a group of 5 (including myself) alive in big fights versus lvl 35-37 group mobs.
    does this mean our regen upgrades are ok? no, not at all, im relying on regrowth, its very powerful still, but id love to see fleshweave be tuned as regrowth was in beta. i do not know why, nor could i guess why, the devs fixed regrowth but no other regens.
  13. ARCHIVED-Seraphaenya Guest

I have experienced bias as well... until I am in a group for a while... Heal over time spells + Fury Buffs = Tougher group. Now most of the people I have grouped with in the past send me tells all the time . Most of my group members never realize they get hit, because of my timing and stacking of heal over time spells. They also don't realize how much my buffs help, until I leave the group.

Just my 2 copper on the subject. :)

Zarra on Blackburrow
  14. ARCHIVED-Tulwin Guest

Just wondering on this. Are all your 25+ spells upgraded to the same level as you bloom regrowth is?
    The only reason I ask is a adept 3 (level 4 - Minor Archhealing - Instant heal) will heal a ton more than level (17 - Effloresce - Instant heal) app 1 2 or 3 will. I don't want folks getting the wrong idea that a spell you get for free will outpower one you worked to upgrade. I just want to make sure folks saying the higher level heals are not good are not doing so because the upgrades are not easy to get yet
  15. ARCHIVED-AnrathEQ Guest

Hi Guys , Lvl 21 Mystic here. I was searching thru these forms here because I was curious as to how you guys felt about your class when it comes to healing. There are many times that I feel ineffective.For the most part I have been happy with the wards but the mystics heals are extremely weak. If the main tank can keep aggro then things are usually fine. Its when 2 or 3members of the group start getting kicked around is when everything quickly falls apart. When it gets to the point when I have to start spamming group wards and heals there is just no keeping up. I have talked to many healers, and I am hearing the same thing all around. The most efficient group seems to be the groups that have 2 healers. Things are just much safer and controlled when having the extra healer instead of the extra damage.

I too fear for the upcoming lvls. I am gonna have to rely my Lvl 12 ward to get me thru lvl 25. I seiously doubt thats going to work out to well with the mobs hitting harder and harder. But time will tell.
  16. ARCHIVED-Katxim Guest

It seems to be feast or famine starting in the mid t o upper 20s (I'm a 25 Fury atm). Through 24 and the beginnings of 25, I feel slightly stressed when I am the solo healer. Situations get stickier more quickly when I am the sole support in a group, it seems. I don't thnk this is just a Fury, thing, either. I think it's an issue related to the odd scaling of the healing classes 20+ upgrades. Please chime in if you are a shaman / cleric type who doesn't seem to have these issues.

However, when grouped with another healer (cleric or mystic), I usually feel almost redundant. The cleric reactives, or the mystic wards, and I toss debuffs and the occasional regrowth. At the end of the fight, the cleric / mystic is at least half to less power and I'm sitting there with only a bub of power gone. I'm thinking to myself, "Does the group think I'm slacking??". Granted, those times that it does get hairy, I'm the group savior because my power seems to last forever, and once the cleric/mystic is tapped, I'm still healing away and getting the party through rough fights.

Perhaps our 20s spells don't seem to scale properly because the devs want all groups to have two healers... I don't know. It seems odd, though, that with all the "all you need is one of each archetype" stuff, two healing types would be mandatory to do anything challenging....
  17. ARCHIVED-loshe Guest

I primarily group with a fury, I am a 24+ Berserker.

He has kept me alive in small group and large group situations since the beginning. We often take double arrows up by ourselves and take on even harder mobs (with him as primary healer) in larger group situations. I have died only a few times, my other deaths come from STRANGERS who aggro nearby creatures and others.

He knows when to use REGEN and his other heals. We also do crazy Hos together as his heals start the chain and I finish with a taunt attack which results in a devastating HO.

I've been in other groups with clerics and shamans as healers. Clerics have a FASTER cast time on their heals, but if they are not on top of the game, whats the POINT? I much rather prefer a REGEN on attack, debuff on mob and then I can finish it off with Hos and Blood Rage.

I also prefer the Spikes in group mob situations, vigor and all the other side benefits. Sow is also very vital in pulling.

I've made up my mind, I would prefer a Fury to any other healing class for now. Shamans wards wont stack well with Berserkers anyway...

On the same note, I grouped with a 24 fury, he didnt know how to cast, casted his regen late on my pulls (while I was mt), want to DD and I died 3 times in the same spot. He was the worst player I ever experienced.

Dont let these loser furies bias your opinion, if they know how to handle their character, when to cast and sequence their spells, the class is vital and deadly.

We are still taking double up arrow mobs as a team (2 people) and getting bonus experience with little or no threat of dying.
  18. ARCHIVED-Batbat Guest

well to answer your question, at higher levels there are simply no exp groups with only one healer in my experience, none of the healers can heal enough to protect a group against some of the higher level mobs.

All healer classes are nerfed at the moment with heals getting worse as you go up levels, im at a loss why this has not been fixed yet.

Batbat
    28 Fury

Message Edited by Batbat on 12-08-2004 02:48 AM
  19. ARCHIVED-Drachonis Guest

As a lvl 24 Fury, I don't relly sea any class bias. Now granted all the times I pt it is always w/ another healer. Our Regens and instant heal are really efficent and still do the trick, you just have to update your spells and get as many App I and III as you can. We might not be able to heal as well as a clearic or a shaman, but we add decent dps as long as you keep your DS on the tank, and your DOT on the mob. We still are all priests, and all our heals are get the job done well.
  20. ARCHIVED-Baelzharon Guest

Sad but true, if my group is just farming AQ mobs having 1 healer (myself) is often enough. However when we want to dungeon crawl or go up against named I'm finding I need another healer to keep up with the damage. Trying to debuff a group of mobs while keeping a tank up at the same time with spells 10+ levels old is giving me carpo tunnel....