21AA's at level 25 which lines to pick up?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Excoriate, Dec 13, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Excoriate Guest

I know this has been discussed before from a cursory forum search but there are a few things I couldnt figure out from the archived posts so I am posting it again. Which line typically if you solo alot (I like also to group but I find often its hard to find a good one that stays together for a good period) should you pick up first? I know the consensus for soloing is either lifeburn and tainted heals- but which one should you spec up first and which of the abilities in manipulation and rotting are the most useful?

Thanks in advance.
  2. ARCHIVED-BLIGHTBRINGER Guest

for solo (or small group where your tank pet is going to be the tank) strongly suggest tainted heal, and tank pet in defensive stance with you providing most of dps. i have personally found that perceptors command (another AA line) is great for keeping agro on tank and off me - very important with cloth armour! lifeburn is great fun but you dont actually use it as often as you think you would solo, where as tainted heal keeps you alive every fight.
    Hellstone
  3. ARCHIVED-Tokamak Guest

Having solod my way 70 - 80 recently solo aa setup has been high on my list of things to figure out.
    1) 22 points to get tainted helas - try to spend the points reducing the resistability of spells where possible
    2) 4 8 8 8 into stamina - extra pet helth and 2 taunts that YOU choose when to use is very much ftw
    3) 5 points into the tank pet in the necro line - extra mitigation / damage absorption, yay!
    I found this build let me keep difficult mobs focussed onto the tank pet and let me beat encounters (that I could not touch with a raid oriented aa build) with ease. After this your 2 targets are probably the lifeburn line followed by str line for the crit increase. Then agi for increased scout dps in groups.
  4. ARCHIVED-WasFycksir Guest

Tokamak wrote:
    I agree totally with points 1 -3, but then it's ALL rotting line after that.