Not A Bug 2023 Combusting at the seams not finding doll drops

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Ottmar, Jul 1, 2023.

1. Ottmar New Member

I have done the access quest & the 1st quest
    am now looking for the doll parts
    I go to the location & kill everything in the area
    I am not seeing the parts only sparklies are the dress maker's mannequins or looms
    not the doll body parts
    running a level 82 f2p

am I doing something wrong?
    what am I missing?
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Brewmyst Well-Known Member

the parts don't show up until after you kill the named in the area, so first kill the weavers to get the named one to spawn.. the arm will drop then. After that, kill all the slugs, then the second part, the leg, will drop..
  3. Ottmar New Member

I killed the weavers - and anything else that showed up - he only things that killed me were the horsemen doing patrol
    guess I'll be going at it again - wish the weavers would respawn
  4. Ottmar New Member

I was wondering what "The Named" were
    after a Lot of poking around - I found out Those were the one that I could not make a dent in and were trashing me- I got 2 to 3 hits in before I toast I was expecting a fight but those " dude were as bad as some epics I've encountered- sure not a Solo for me.. I just gave up on the whole thing my merc was trashed I I was trashed pretty quick. for F2P my equipment is decent.
  5. Brewmyst Well-Known Member

Elemy Elmonnier is the first named, he'll spawn after you kill the weavers. Then, Burnard Backbreaker will spawn after you clear all the slugs, imps, and goblins.
  6. Rapunzyra New Member

I am completely baffled as to how we are supposed to kill those named. Targeting Elemy says I should be able to defeat without much trouble.... I use the Firesilk thread, went out and gained a couple of levels before my instance expires and still can't get any damage in before he obliterates my merc and I. This cannot be the intention here, is it?
  7. Lysia Active Member

I have gotten the two first named -- a trick or two to learn --- but no problem after I learned them -- heck, I even got the frog named --- MY problem is that I can't get over to that dang island to get the last named and the last 2 doll drops -- yes, I have read as much as I can find on it; and tried to follow the instructions --
    fire stallion ( simplest way to get there?) says he wants something to eat -- I am about to give up and delete the whole thing unless I can find a way over to the island (lvl 125 and yes, I use the merc )
  8. Lysia Active Member

trick is to kill the adds -- fast as you can --- the second one you kill the adds before they get to the named -- again, as fast as you can -- shades of the old myth weapon dragons in VP
    I haven't made it to the 3rd yet

9. Rapunzyra New Member

Thanks, Lysia....I am only level 85 and don't know of this weapon. There is one dragoon that appears right away and Elemy's stomps kill me faster than I can back away and get the dang guy dead. I have given up trying to complete this one as the damage is just too much.
  10. Brewmyst Well-Known Member

To get to the next island after killing the first 2 named, you need to find a magma morsel (with track harvest)
    Breanna likes this.