2014 Membership Benefit Update

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raienya Member

There goes the stake to the heart of "Play Your Way".

My way was to pay my $14.99 per month for gold subscription, receive certain perks for it, and spend the allotted SC MY WAY. Now it seems if I want to do that, I will have to pay separately for SC to spend as I chose to.

The only high-ticket items from the SC store I buy are prestige homes for each of my characters. I spend SC on small items, as I need them. House items, health potions, spell research, that sort of thing.

This new idea is just plain BAD. There is no real reason for me to continue with my gold subscription. I will just unlock what I need to and be done with it.

And nine pages in, and still no posts from a dev about this. Hopefully that means they are discussing this.
  2. Balbasur Active Member

Those are just numerical values, try to think abstractly.
  3. Balbasur Active Member

Same the etyma costs are just way too much with out double, it takes too long to gear toons.
  4. Wanic Active Member

You've got more chance of a Spice Girls reunion tour happening tbh
    aspekx and Wirewhisker like this.
  5. Buddie New Member

bottom line is SOE is in BUSNESS, you cant give away money and still support the games. Look they spend money to run servers update games pay their employees and while you may not like the fact they are changing a FREE BENIFIT sorry you actually pay to play the most updated and complete game available. AND while I will miss the free cash that can build up to buy what I want its not my main reason for being a gold member I mean look right now we get double currency drops ....which helps toons in game ....they always have a benefit for gold members and while like I said I will miss the 500sc maybe there can be a compromise for this change like instead of a single item make it a single purchase ...just have a cart feature like so many purchase sites and you can have a single cart purchase of 2k of the smaller items people want rather than the one large item. Just a suggestion but as one who has been to Fan Faire/ SOE live I know you guys listen to the people who play.
    Karrane likes this.
  6. Greedon Active Member

I am confused with this.
    1. I already have SC how will the game know the difference?
    2. If I buy more SC how will the game know the difference?
    3. If I purchase a small bundle how will the game know the difference?
    4. If I want to spend the 2000 and buy something else with my own SC, how will the game know the difference?
    5. Am I being penalized for purchasing SC currently or in the future?

I am seriously confused with this you should explain the process better.

Shazaar
    Glenorian likes this.
  7. Ranga Active Member

This is the usual modus operandi; give the bad news, without specifying what is and is not included, watch the reaction and plan accordingly. Truth is they will give the least that they can get away with.
  8. Glenorian Well-Known Member

Um, yes, I use SC. Wow. What's it to you Ebollah? I was getting it for free with my gold membership. Why wouldn't I use it?

As for the change, if you're going to do it, there's is nothing I can do to change that. As members we have to decide it we want to continue to be gold members. That's what we can do. I will continue to be a gold member as I like to make money on the broker. I went F2P for a little while and then went back to gold for the perks again. I also like sending mail. I also like having the option to have more than 4 chars. I won't be spending my free station cash on tidbits like wall dividers for 10 SC for my home anymore. Not if that's the only item I can get for the month!

I really do hope SOE makes more bundle options out of the building blocks and furnishings when this change comes. I usually don't want a bundle of one of everything (except maybe the first time). Can you make some bundle of say...10 wall dividers, or even 10 of everything so that our SC will count for a little more if we do want decorator items with our "1 item worth up to 2000 sc"? That would help me considerably in swallowing this pill of change.
    aspekx likes this.
  9. ureo New Member

The problem is Sony don't care... and they will NEVER post in this forum even after reading all these objections. Everyone here wants to hear from them about this and they wont read and reply... WHY because this is a business and they will do what they think is best for SOE not them us
    aspekx and Feldon like this.
  10. Zarnafien Well-Known Member

Please...NO! I like to make a lot more smaller purchases with my 500SC or save up a few months if I need to make a bigger purchase.
    Sambril and Wirewhisker like this.
  11. JackoJames New Member

I support the 2000 SC system if SOE :

- Allow more than a single purchase with the 2k SC
    - Keep the double tokens for Gold account
    - Add kerra, iksar, wood elf, troll... etc racial armor (all the missing ones) , or even new armor/weapons to the shop.

*token because the system does not favor players and we should get a compensation for that.
    *new armor/weapons because if we're supposed to use 2000 SC each month we should atleast have a variety of new items to feel that the tradeoff is not that bad.

If we don't have multiple purchanse, double tokens or new armors/weapons to spend SC , I don't see any point to support the 2000 SC system.
  12. Buggabug Active Member

Well if the goal is to get rid of subs eventually then I'd say SOE are off to a great start. It will be better value for me to take just half of my annual sub money and buy a lump sum of SC to spend as I see fit. My other half has already switched to krono for his all access and now he will be thrilled at the money to be saved on my sub as well. This change won't stop me from playing, but it will stop me from paying. :cool:
    aspekx likes this.
  13. Arrowkeeper New Member

This is not how I "spend" my station cash. Most of what I obtain is for game play/power/HP/etc. not frills.....most of what is on SC is showy stuff that does not make my game play better, so I don't purchase much. This change is not welcome or wanted. Forcing me to "take" an item that is workthless to me is not my I idea if a perc. What's the point. I have been on this game for over 9 years and with the "take aways" that keep happening, the game bugs that continue to disrupt game play, the LACK of customer support to make things right (clearing full zones twice and CS says sorry cant give you any chests), and the fact that the game cannot support multiple GUI processors (most of the GUI processing is routed to one core as the game is incapable of handling multiple core processors), I have to reconsider my game playing options.
  14. Murder New Member

This seems fine to me, people will complain about anything, and you can't make everyone happy, especially when it comes to change.
  15. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Actually, they probably haven't even had breakfast yet. It's only 6:45AM in California right now.
    aspekx and Wirewhisker like this.
  16. Rylaar2000 New Member

I'm not very happy about this.
    Hamster, aspekx and Wirewhisker like this.
  17. Widem Active Member

They can do whatever they want, but this isn't better for most of the people I talk to. No one buys 1 big item ever. They save up their SC to buy xfer tokens.

I think its more insulting to our intelligence to be like OMGZORS LOOK AT GREAT DEALZ. when they suck.
    Hamster, Ragna and aspekx like this.
  18. Siham New Member

So your taking away my SC that I can spend on anything, to give me SC to spend only the way you see fit? (there's one from the Obama playbook) I imagine that all the fluff crap that nobody wants will be under 2k SC and the stuff everybody wants will be over 2k? This is not what I pay a gold account for.Time to go back to the platform consoles. I got the new Xbox one for Christmas time to unpack and start buying games, money SOE will never see again. Anybody want to buy what SC i have left?.
    Hamster likes this.
  19. Gily Member

Really bad idea for those individuals who are into home decorating. It completely gets rid of the ability to buy multiples of things like building blocks or plushies for houses.
    Spindle likes this.
  20. Eiru17 New Member

I see a lot of chatter on here about the upcoming changes. I have to agree that this does not fit my game-play style at all, but the contract does say "subject to change".

With the past changes, my Guild lost approximately 100 players to other games. Out of the 21 accounts still in the Guild, only about 5 are Gold Members now (myself included). Just about everyone has around 8-9 toons. I can see a majority of these players either leaving or dropping down to Silver now as well. I no longer raid in EQ2 due to the raiding parties all leaving the game during the past changes. I used to have 100+ in my friends lists and go with multiple raiding parties - only 5 remain in EQ2 at this point, and all but one are now Silver accounts. This new set of changes focusing on SC is merely going to make more players go Silver.

I, personally, don't make monthly purchases. However, when I do purchase items I purchase a lot of stuff simultaneously. I generally purchase about 15K SC per year on top of my Annual Renewal and the free 500SC per month. I do not like to purchase digitally! I purchase SC cards at my local store and add them to my account. I use burner cards, not my own credit/debit cards for all transaction I do make digitally.

Should the new rules be amended to make multiple purchases instead of a single purchase, I could see the validity of the move. Otherwise, I see many more Silver account members in 2014.

Just wanted to note that subject to change works both ways. As I've mentioned, I personally have lost almost 200 players friends in the past year alone in EQ2 due to changes. BTW, those were 200 Gold Members lost - and many of them were heavy decorators.

Just my two cents.
    Siham likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.