2013 Performance Settings Help

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by BigBig5, Feb 28, 2013.

1. BigBig5 New Member

Hi, I just started playing and starting to love this game. Well I been trying to get the settings right for performance. I've searched for some performance settings info and what have found are years old. Give me what works for you and I might try.
    Here is my specs:
    AMD Phenom II X4 3.0 GHz
    4Gs of DDR2 RAM DUAL Channel
    Radeon HD 4550 at 600MHz core,1G Memory, 80 Stream Processors
    Res: 1600 X 900
  2. Heart margot Member

Performance profile custom resulotion 1920x1080
    Full screen on
    Reflektions on
    Multimedia sample anti aliasing off
    Multicore support on
    Synch to refeesh off
    Triple buffer off
    Reuse vertex buffers off

Graphics resolution Max
    Lightning resolution Max
    Rendering distance 252
    Complex shader 24
    Texture resolution high
    Character resolution maximum
    Character lod resolution high
    Atmoshperic effects all turned on
    Water all turned on
    Particle effects very high
    Max spell results per character 2
    Show partikels in reflektions on
    Show particles inside on
    Particles level far 0.500
    Particle level near close to Max
    Maximum particle size around halfways
    Light quality high
    Personal torch on
    Torch intensity full
    Secondary torch light off
    Specular lighting on
    Additional specular while raining on
    Specular lights 7
    Ambient light Max
    Gpu shadows set to medium
    Shadow darkness set to halfways
    CPU shadows inddoors off
    Point light shadows CPU on
    Off screen gpu shadows off
    CPU enviroment shadows off
    Off screen CPU shadows off
    Specular off in CPU shadows off
    Model detail level of detail bias 1000
    Triangel densitet max
    High detail characters 5
    Low detail characters 30
    All settings is found under advanced display ...

Animation rate Max
    Fast animation close to Max
    Animation quality close to Max
    Cloth simulatoion on
    Render Cloaks on
    Render mounts hide during combat
    Flora enabled
    Flora radius Max
    Flora density Max
    Camera dynamic Field of view on
    No special effects turned on
  3. Heart margot Member

Used My ipad to write ... Was in a rush !
  4. Heart margot Member

Feels like i forgot some settings number of lights drawn =4 have got My game running real nice on these settings . Started out with the preset setting=high and experimented some before i was satisfied .
    Btw My specs:
    I7 3770k @ 4,2 GHz
    16gb ram
    Nvidia gtx 670
    256gb Ssd
  5. BigBig5 New Member

What is your fps because mine says 10 but looks like 30-50 fps.
  6. Heart margot Member

In Kelethin city i get 80-100 fps with personal torch on.Outside the city fps varies very much depending on whats happening on the screen but around 80-120 with some dips to the 60s even 40-30 when visiting camps with lots of lights showing.
    This is with personal torch turned on (ALT-L) .Im going to test some settings with Nvidia Inspector as i've heard that it can enhance the graphics and make it run even smoother . . .Hope you find a setting that will run the game smooth too!
    /Heart Margot :)
  7. Heart margot Member

Uppdate: it doesnt run very well in Qeynos with lots of fps drops . . . I havent looked at the actuall fps meter but it gets very Choppy at various areas ... looks like i have to turn off shadows to have it run Smooth in Qeynos . Too bad when it adds so much to the overall looks of the game imao . Without shadows turned on it kinda looks like the characters are floating . . . :(
  8. Heart margot Member

Wonder what it is with the shadows ? Seems to be a problem for me in the original
    Everquest too . But maybe there Will be some update in a
    alter Patch?
  9. Heart margot Member

10. Heart margot Member

how is the game running for you now ? Did you Find a good setting?
  11. Arclite Well-Known Member

I just find it sad that a game this old requires tinkering with graphics settings not because the current hardware can't handle the load but the game itself is so badly coded.

I run a custom build of i7 950@ 4 GHz, 12 GB ram, Oced 7970.

The settings i use is extreme with 8xAA in game. Then those settings go to high performance in raids because 10fps is not really useful when you are the MT and take a few seconds to look around on screen.

I wish SOE would do something about the game engine, highly unlikely since they are scheming more ways to make money out of f2p these days. One can only hope.
  12. Heart margot Member

Yeah ive been Trying to run the game at extreme quality too . At some areas it is fine . But in Kelethin Qyenos or places with many lights and shadows it gets very Choppy . Also on high quality i get huge drops around camps and in Towns . And if i set the quality any lower it looks kind of old. Especially in some areas .
  13. vochore New Member

dodnt ever plan on the game engine ever getting upgraded,the game is to old and it would require a complete rewrite of the engine, just have fun with what eq2 offers now and play eq next when it comes out,hopefully Sony learned there lesson with eq2 and eq next with render all its graphics on the gpu instead of on the cpu
  14. Heart margot Member

Is it that bad :( well i Will just have to put up with the graphics Being Choppy . . .
  15. Kongha New Member

Dont be sad Heart Margot. Ive the same issues with my fps and Im trying to run the game with the settings you are using. The fault lies in the game :)

My spcc:
    30" 2560x1600
    I7 960@4.2ghz
    12 ram@2ghz
    680@1.2ghz
    intel 80gb gen 2
    everything watercooled.

Edit 1 And Ive tried every singel graphic update for the gtx 680 and every other game Im playing is working flawless so there is no issues with drivers nor internet connection. Im adding this that last part of my tect so no one needs to ask us to see if there is something wrong with our driver/internet connection :)

Edit 2 Ive tried to use cpu shadows (on low ofc :) ) and in some parts of the game the fps is better than with the gpu-shadow. Try it out :)
  16. Heart margot Member

Ive fiddled some more with the settings tonight and came up with something pretty good with gpu shadows set at very high (although some shadows especially in the background Seems to be missing ) i turned off all special effects as Bloom and athmosperic Bloom cause they dont seem to work with gpu shadows anyway . I also made some other changes no big ones and i have to test it out some more . I Will take a screenshot later on and upload it here so you can have look and compare to your settings !
    Thanks

Btw is it possible to upload screenshots here ? :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  17. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Use the insert/edit image button on the bar above. However you can't upload directly from your pc, as the insert image expects a url, so first step would be to get you screenshot hosted somewhere. There's plenty of free imaging hosting services around.
    Heart margot likes this.
  18. Heart margot Member

I put complex shader Down to -1 . Turned off Camera dynamic Field of view , reuse vertex buffers on , Max spells =1 , particles set to avreage , character load to medium , specular lights 1 i think thats about it . Oh allmost forgot i also turned off the Smooth fonts and render distance to around 340 .
    Thanks /Margot

max particle size to around 10%
    And Max lights around 4 i think
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

But, even when I give it a URL like for Facebook albums or deviantArt, it sneers at me and refuses to accept it. Is there a special category of URLs it insists on? :-/

Uwk
    Heart margot likes this.
  20. Heart margot Member

Just a final note as im not Going to fiddle with the graphics settings anymore i cant get it right anyway . Found out that if i turn on point light shadows i lose 30fps at some areas ... Im Going to use the performance profile high and stay there and enjoy the game :) but if u Find out something intresting or any tips i would be the first one to try it out ! Ive Heard something about some graphical interface called profit Ui maybe i Will try that some day just to see if the performance gets better . But in the meanwhile . . .see you online!
    /Heart Margot