20 pvp warden with 23 AA's what line shoul i go down

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-wellehad0, Oct 3, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-wellehad0 Guest

ok right now im a mele warden wich is so great for pve becasue of the instance dps i can put out.. only problem is i had to choose either alot of wis or alot of str... my str is 170 and my wis is only 130.. before when i was a nuker i had over 200 wis and int and it seemd like i just stayed alive longer due to being able to have the power to put up many heals...

well im thinking of going the strom caller and then make my next AA's go towards the WIsdom tree.. or would i jsut be better off to go 8 WIS 8 INT and 8 STA so that i could be a beast to take down?
  2. ARCHIVED-wellehad0 Guest

not trying to rush but anybody on that can help me with the question
  3. ARCHIVED-xandez Guest

dont choose alot of STR or alot of WIS, choose some WIS and some STR, looking at your stat dispersion it looks ok to me.

hehe...

if you are a melee warden, then definitely the STR line for atleast 4-4-8-8, that way you will raise your DPS and the healing from natural boon will be nice. I have the tree maxed, but im a meleeholiac really...

oh im not doing any PvP, just FYI. I also dont have neither heal crits (STA line) or regen boost (AGI line) and been quite happy so far in PvE healing.

++Xan
  4. ARCHIVED-Arielle Nightshade Guest

Pick two and stick with them, is my advice. STR if you are going to be melee, INT if you are going to nuke. Mixing them up will just mess you up, IMO.
    I recommend PvP wardens putting their first 8 points in the first ability in STA, their second 4-8 in WIS, then working their way down the STA line. Once you have Serenity, put points in Melee in EoF, the movement stuff to get upgraded SoW, then start down the STR or INT line in earnest till you are done. By then, you'll know which EoF ones you are using more often and which you want more points in. You can spec out of WIS when you see your power pool is being handled by gear (either plusses to WIS or power regen items), and move it into the end of STR or INT ...however you spec'd (Melee or Nuke).
    You could even leave out the WIS step. You don't always need a ton of power, but every bit of Hps helps.
    I wouldn't do the WIS line, personally, except with the above exception. The end ability in PvP is not my idea of a good time - but you may have a different situation and find it useful.
    (Dreadnaught Warden and Defiler on Venekor..and)
  5. ARCHIVED-wellehad0 Guest

ok what i jsut did was i quickly got 2 more AA's last night and just fiiled up alll of the STA line lucky for me i still had all my WIS STA and INT gear that i put in my bank.. let me tell you yes i may kill groups of mobs a little slower but now ireturn to being that tank that can just sit there and out last groups again.. as soon as i did the whole STA line in was jumped by a group of 4 and what do you know i was back i took all of them out even there healer.... i know mele warden is the best way to go for DPS but intill i get atleast double the AA's i have now then i dont think i can do it and still be able to have the power to heal.. so ty guys for the advice i know love my warden again
  6. ARCHIVED-xandez Guest

see, thats the difference between the PvE and PvP druid answers, to me STA ~ useless stat. Yes, it gives some hp, but... i always find myself asking how much HP does 100 STA give for example and is it worth to eg. put points to STA tree or get STA gear on purpose in order to get few more hp?
    But, in PvP the amount of HP is more critical, hence i fully understand why put points in it. Also, the STA end line ability is imo more geared towards PvP (ok maybe raiding also)

++Xan
  7. ARCHIVED-themixmonkeyx Guest

^ the STA end line ability is indeed great for PvP especially because, as a healer, you're usually the first target and it allows you to still heal your group without worrying about interrups/stuns
  8. ARCHIVED-wellehad0 Guest

OMG and dont forget about it stops alot of knock backs... i have got many tells from people calling me a cheater and a hacker becaseu there uber twink scouts could not stop me from casting nor stun me.. seems to me not to many people have seen wardens go down the whole STA line in the low tiers.. only thing now it is REALLY hard to solo many mobs at once still.. when i was mele wham bam with my AOE CA and mobs around me would fall now im back to single target nuking
  9. ARCHIVED-xandez Guest

get more AA:s then :D
    heh, really the 1st 40 are kinda easy to get imo and melee warden needs the AA:s to be efficient

++Xan
  10. ARCHIVED-Arielle Nightshade Guest

xandez wrote:
    The STA that you get because you have to take the points in the first ability to get past it....is nice - all the HPs you can get don't hurt. But the reason a PvP warden wants to go down the STA line (besides the heal crity) is for Serenity. As the above poster mentioned, once a group sees you coming (a smart group, anyway) they target the healer first. If you can kill the healer, often it's a domino effect and the rest of the group dies. You can't promise this will happen if you kill, say, the Tank first. In a PvE encounter usually the tank's death ensures a wipe. In PvP the healer's death ensures it. (Broad, general statements there, made for effect).
    The way you kill a healer in PvP is to chain stun them so they can't cast. Therefore, if you have every possible anti stun ability and as much focus as you can pack into your character ..you have a far better chance than if you don't.
    As for raiding, Serenity is very nice to have for the anti stun component, but you choose the STA line for the heal crits and the ability to dispell some critical buffs (Serene Symbol), not for the anti stun. So the line really isn't geared to PvP, either, but one of the few abilities that we have that is actually somewhat useful in raiding.
    (bitter? do I sound bitter? oh. my bad...)