2 Warlocks?

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-jaydubsee, Jul 5, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-jaydubsee Guest

Whats better?

2 Warlocks or 1 Wizard 1 Warlock

Brother and I are going to start playing again. Can 2 Warlocks be a force to be reckoned with?
  2. ARCHIVED-Splatterpunk28 Guest

Whatever makes you happy.
    2Warlocks: Pros: You can alternate debuffs, thereby leaving more time for nuking. Cons: Your buffs will not stack (after revamp DoTs will stack so that is no longer an issue to consider).
    1Wizard/1Warlock: Pros: Your buffs stack. You will have evac. Cons: More time debuffing for you both, so less time nuking (or longer encounter). One will inevitably be jealous of the other as the scales go back and forth on who will come out #1 in dps on every encounter.
    That all being said, if you two are duo'ing mostly -- often it's just quicker/safer to NOT debuff mobs (tends to break root), so ignore most everything I said. Only differentiation will be if you prefer buffs stacking or not. Neither buffs are really worth much to be honest and evac would be used more often as a means to getting to zone quicker than actually a life-saving spell.
    There is this cute bug where invis stacks though -- you could take turns walking right up to Vox and give her the finger without being seen! Pretty handy, eh?
    Message Edited by Splatterpunk28 on 07-06-2005 12:12 AM
  3. ARCHIVED-Daerv Guest

DoT's are going to stack post update? That's good news.
  4. ARCHIVED-Faelos Guest

I am faced with a similar situation. I two-box a pair of Ratonga Sorcerers (finally).

I have asked the same question. Most people suggest 1 Wiz and 1 Warlock, since the DOTs currently dont stack and you get more variety in abilties. But there are others that say a pair of Warlocks work great together.

For me, I want them to both do almost identical damage, so that if things go bad for one I have an easier time shifting aggro to the other, so he can soak some damage. If one is Wizard and the other Warlock, they will be doing different levels of damage, making it a bit more difficult. My goal is to get the Pitiful Plea racial ability and pop that in bad situations to easily switch.
    So currently I am thinking of doing two Warlocks. Also, having them both on the same timers helps me work smoother. But you being different people doesnt cause the same problem.

But again, having differing abilities can help alot. Evac has got to be nice for a pair that need to get out of a situation. Wizard will most likely be doing less damage, and shouldnt have as much problem evacing.

Also with the combat revamp (which is arguably a ways off) I would expect Wizard to end up being the best DDer, and with stacking DOTs they might end up being the best DPSer. Through in two evacs and the better utility, maybe two wizards will be better in the longrun.

Either way two DDers is fantastic. Once i got Blaze I had two DDs, so no waiting on recast, and these guys drop stuff like crazy.

Mal
    Message Edited by Faelos on 07-06-2005 07:53 AM
  5. ARCHIVED-jaydubsee Guest

Thanks guys awesome replys. Ya we going to be 2 warlocks. We both like the dark arts so should be fun:smileyhappy:
    Can I be a warlock if Im in Qeynos?
  6. ARCHIVED-Faelos Guest

Let me know how that goes for you. Since I dont have alot of time to play, youll probably get there before me.

Mal
  7. ARCHIVED-Daerv Guest

Regarding pitiful plea, it's not something you can pop when something goes wrong. So far as I can tell it's a single target effect with a 3 minute duration that reduces the amount of aggro you generate for the time it stats in effect. I use for those big fights where I'll get one shotted if I steal aggro. If you want to shed aggro fast Tarton's Wheel is pretty much your only option and quite honestly I'm dubious of how much that actually helps. Nullmail is utterly useless on account of it needing you to get hit for it to actually lower your aggro.

The combat revamp is probably closer than we think. Mooreguard posted that it will be hitting test very shortly. How long it will sit on test is anyone's guess though :).
  8. ARCHIVED-Ashareth Guest

Sorry, but i think you are wrong for the revamp...
    He said that next update on test will be next week(count on two weeks of test at least), and that CC WON'Tgot to test soon cause they want to play with it internally for atime(count that to be a few weeks).

Then we will have to wait for test, and that can take weeks; because of the change included.

So if i were you, i wouldn't expect CC until september..... :D(Oh, it's the release time of the extension, what a surprise!!!)
  9. ARCHIVED-Faelos Guest

Daerv,
    Thanks for the comment. I had tried to research what the racial aggro reducers did prior to making up my Ratongas, and was told it was pretty decent. As you describe it, it might still work. Given that I have to Sorcerers becoming Warlocks I figure they should have almost identical hate levels, so if both are still DDing (which they have no other option but to keep nuking), the one getting pounded on can use it to lower the hate they generate with each nuke. Hopefully that means the other grabs aggro.

Either way, Im liking my Rats, and Ill give it a shot.

Mal
  10. ARCHIVED-Melkor66 Guest

at lvl 50 both setups duo extremely well together but i personally prefer the two warlock since they can handle multiple mob enoucnters much better than warlock/wizard. The only thing that is going ot hurt you guys is that post revamp both sets of roots are going ot become extremely gimped. last 15sec instead of 36sec but the recast probably still be 45sec. Just going off of what happened with the oops some things went live that shouldn't have on the last big update. In the end just play what each of you REALY want to play don't pic just to be able to duo or because the one did this one so i will do that one. And best of luck to ya guys.