2 Necro's in a group useless?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Gargamel, Jan 4, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Gargamel Guest

Quick question.

I know swarm of rats only can be used once (IE if there are 2 necros and one uses swarm of rats, and then the other one does, the 2nd cast CANCELS the other necro's rats entirely.

I know Swarm of Rats is bugged in other ways as well, but is this the same for all of Necro DoT's?

I also noticed that our passive benefits don't stack (2 necros each with grim spellbinder out will NOT give '2' grim presense.
    That one makes sense I guess.

BUT does this also mean that static shock, bludgeing earth, blight, etc (all or DoT spells) cancel the spell if it is cast by another Necro? Does it just 'refresh' the timer? Does it stack? Is it the same as if you 'overwrote' your own spell? Is this same problem an issue with other classes or only the DoT ones?

Thanks for any advice!
  2. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

I sometimes group with another nec in my guild and since our pestilential blast lowers the mobs resists, our nukes and other spells keep having higher and higher damage and lower resists. Our pets also bash nicely and haven't had any problems except some of the DoTs not stack, but that is usually minor I've found.
  3. ARCHIVED-Gargamel Guest

Is threre a rule or a list of these 'useless' stackless spells?

I had thought ALL of the passive benefit 'buff' stuff didn't stack, but you're saying that debuffs DO stack?

Obviously instand damage spells have no issue since they are damage instances and not damage over a time range.

So all of our DoT's are non-stackable (ie USELESS to have 2 necros in a group since 2/3 of spells will not work), and all of our Passive Buffs are non-stackable.

Our 'stuns' do NOT stack, but do 'refresh' the stun/petrify timer.

Finally our 'debuffs' DO stack, and our pets 'stack' with other Necros.

Is that right?
  4. ARCHIVED-johnbaz Guest

our DoT's don't stack? since when? i'm able to stack:

static pulse
    seism
    bludgeoning earth
    and the dot from Blight

all on the same mob

also - i'm able to stack both the agitation and boon of the lifeless buffs on my pet.

please clarify.

thanx fellow necs -

meri
    26 necro, najena
  5. ARCHIVED-Daelim Guest

Yes you can stack all those spells yourself, but if your ina group with my lvl 30 necro you will become just a really bad wizard because my DoT's will block all of yours. They weren't saying our DoT's don't stack... they were saying that our DoT's don't stack with the same DoT casted by a different Necro...
  6. ARCHIVED-johnbaz Guest

Heya,

thanks for the reply. oh yes - i was aware of higher lvl necro's overwriting. when in a grp with 2 necs i've found the best route to be:

DDs and debuffs (static shock etc) and petrify by 1 nec.

DoT's and DDs and petrify by the other nec.

If timed right, you can effectively have a mob stunned for 18secs (9sec per cast of petrify). then rinse and repeat every 45secs.

not sure if anyone noticed - but they NERFED Petrify on XMAS day. i used it as my bread and butter since i had Adept I which stuck on higher lvl mobs and i was grping with 3 guys 4lvls higher than me. Every 30 seconds i used to cast a 9 sec stun.

Log in Xmas day and *suprise* Petrify got NERFED from 30 sec recast to 45 sec recast.

Funny since I had just told my two roomies that if you had 3 necro's in a grp you could have a mob stunned 27sec out of every 30, so you could have basically chain-stunned a mob if you had 4 necros. too bad we'll never be able to test it.

/ducks the nerfbat
  7. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

just 5 necros and a healer for it to work
  8. ARCHIVED-leadhead Guest

Gargamel,

I think that there are only some spells that cancel each other like your example of swarm of rats.

I dont think grim presence is supposed to stack because it is a concentration buff by your pet. Just like if you are in a group with another necro, only one favor of the fallen will be maintaned between the two of you, but one of you will have an open slot cause you are not keeping the buff maintianed.

I dont think it is totally useless, if you know what spells dont stack, you can work with the other necro in figureing out who is going to cast what a what time.
  9. ARCHIVED-Seeko Guest

I sincerely doubt that anyone else noticed since Petrify has ALWAYS been a 45 sec recast. It was in beta. It was on day one. Just check the spell list on ogaming (beta info) to verify:

http://eq2.ogaming.com/db/list/skills_necromancer.php

As for duration, my M1 lasts 15 secs, and Adept, I believe, lasts 10.
  10. ARCHIVED-johnbaz Guest

doh!

well my aging mind swears it was only 30 secs since i could cast it twice on most encounters but cest la vie. it appears i stand corrected.

good to know on the durations. wOw M1 = 15 sec stun? 3 necros in a grp can still chain stun them then =) LOL. well, until 1) lvl 35 when petrify becomes trivial, and 2) GL finding 3 necs with Master anything, much less the same spell.

thanks for the correction seeko
  11. ARCHIVED-Merciful_Shadow Guest

I regularly duo and group with another necro (who is a RL friend of mine).
    2 Necros working in tandem can output MASSIVE dps if played right, just don't step on each other's toes because most our powers will not stack.

Here's how my freind and I divide up powers... 33 Necro (me) & 28 Necro (him)

[DUO]
    33 Necro:
    Static Pulse (only used to pull)
    Undying Adherent
    Withering Affliction
    Pestilential Blast
    Blight

28 Necro:
    Grim Spellbinder
    Seism
    Bludgeoning Earth
    Blight