2 gig download for a hotfix?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Vulkan, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Vulkan New Member

Any1 else getting the same kind of download? Wth did they fix?
  2. Lamatu Active Member

Mine was a 79Mb patch
  3. Humakt Member

I got a 2gb as well =P
  4. Faliz Member

Which client are you using full or streaming? I use the full client and it was approximately a 78 to 79 Mb patch.
  5. Decklar New Member

2GB's. I use full client. 1.5GB's to go. Current file:

Checking game installation...
    Found 157 file(s) to update.
    Replacing paks/Char_TU1.vpk
    Replacing paks/Char_monsters1.vpk
  6. Grimbeeper New Member

This problem has afflicted some/most people on Splitpaw (maybe other non-us servers too) for a year now (since they introduced LaunchPad 4) the workaround is to download the patch from the US server and then switch back to EU after it has downloaded.

To date we still don't even know if someone from the Lauch Pad team has even looked at it.

For an online company to not be able to fix the 1st thing most people see when they launch the game, for such a long time is very short sighted.
  7. Decklar New Member

You're right so far. I stopped the download, changed to US and it's busy downloading 50mb's. I've already downloaded 1.5GB's of the EU version, so not sure what conflict this might cause but it's worth a shot. I use my phones mobile 3G to connect so i'm hoping this works.

Edit:
    Downloaded the 50mb's. Switched back to EU (remember already downloaded 1.5GB) and the Launcher downloaded 7mb's and launched into Play. Damnit, this was a costly lesson.

Thanks Grimbeeper.
  8. Vulkan New Member

thx for the info
  9. Lamatu Active Member

I remember reading of this a month or more ago happening with the non US servers. A red name even commented on this in a thread on the old forums.

This kind of thing shouldn't be happening and I should of remembered the switch country fix.
  10. Grimbeeper New Member

Had 6 raiders who missed raid start because of the patch.

I wonder what knock on effects people (who don't know about the work around) are causing by downloading 2.4Gb

Any status update on this problem? Tomorrow will be the year anniversary.