1HS and Shields..

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by ARCHIVED-Tazric, Feb 21, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Tazric Guest

Currently using Weakened Ghoulbane until I can get the CH part done. Using a shield from Varsoon with 450 ac ish on it. Level 40 Guardian.

Anyone know a good 1hs/shield combo? I have one of those swine axes in the bank with a level 42 req on it. Can't find a whole lot online in the way of quests, except of course GB.

Thoughts?
  2. ARCHIVED-Hunadi Guest

just saw this shield on ogaming http://eq2.ogaming.com/db/items/GuardofGrumm.php
  3. ARCHIVED-Dekan Guest

At level 40 you can equip a Pristine Cedar Shield (rare t5 wood made into shield by a woodworker). I dont believe there's anything out there with better AC yet.

As for a 1hs, Id like to know a good interim item between Ghoulbane and Blade Fire also. Right know I just use a Serrated Bone Dirk or Ykesha depending on if I need to raise either skill. Yeah, they're DW weapons, but they're Fast (capital F) and decent enough damage.
  4. ARCHIVED-Tazric Guest

Any drawbacks to using duel wield over 1hs along with the shield? Does the delay make up for the dps?
  5. ARCHIVED-Dekan Guest

I doubt it, since the Scimitars are 1.5delay(right?) and several points of damage higher. However, they're weapons I got from a quest, so essentially "free" in that they cost me no coin and they're not hideous damage.
  6. ARCHIVED-Thunderbrew Guest

I see a ton of people around your level using Serrated Bone Dirk and Sword of Ykesha dual wielding...seems like a good choice..
  7. ARCHIVED-ThramFalcox Guest

pgt and sbd are best around 40. PGT proc just can't be beat.

If you have to use a shield I suggest the moonlight mace which is the priest greenhood reward. Its the best dam/delay on a 1h aside from screaming mace or uber high end drops/quests.
  8. ARCHIVED-TunaBoo Guest

Master shields have better ac. 1 on my sevrer so far.. like 890 ac range.