14 days free membership time not activated

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Moha, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Moha New Member

Like the title says;

i got an invitation email with 14 days free membership time from Nov.17 / 12:01 AM PST to Dec.1st but it doesn't seem to be activated (city merchants still treat me like a silver member and it says so in my char sheet).

I found nothing on the Forums, soo does anybody else have the same problem ? Was there an update on this issue ?:)
  2. Gulaep Well-Known Member

An email? Sounds suspicious to me. Are you sure it was a legitimate Daybreak Games email address and not a phishing site?
  3. gaeca Member

got the same email,looked legit but you never know a bit of clarity wouldnt go amiss i suppose.
  4. Gulaep Well-Known Member

Yeah. If your email client allows it, try hovering over the "link to supposed offer" and check at the bottom to see if it shows a tooltip/mouse-up with web address and see if it has a bunch of encrypted characters and/or redirects. I suppose you could also try and check the email headers too but I never could always understand what I was seeing.
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

I didn't get an email, but one of my accounts is suddenly surprise all-access. So, there is a promotion of some sort going on.
    Kittybock likes this.
  6. Badwolfe Member

I also got 14 days free membership on my alt accounts, so this promotion is legit, enjoy it :)
    Kittybock likes this.
  7. Moha New Member

Still only "silver" user, no 14 days free for me so far it seems (even though I got the email *sighs*)
  8. Adevil Well-Known Member

Do you have more than 1 account? Not all are getting the 14-day offer, or at least none of my Silver or Free accounts did.
    Kittybock likes this.
  9. Finora Well-Known Member

This.
    Only one of my 4 silvers got the promotion, so if you have more than one, check those as well.
    I'm not sure what their factors were for picking which accounts got the promotion. The only difference I can think of between my accounts is that is my only account that doesn't have at least 1 level 90+ on it. The highest on the one that got the promotion was only 89.
  10. Moha New Member

No, just this one. I will have to wait and see if they can fix this before the promotion is over *sigh*:)
  11. Chikkin Well-Known Member

I dusted off my old account after getting email and I'm still only silver on it
  12. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

It seems to be only accounts that subbed at one time but haven't subbed for a long time. I get it once a year on only 4 accounts, just those four. Thing is, I have never gotten any email about it, and I suspect most accounts don't either. A promotion that is not announced is kind of silly. I appreciate the free 2 weeks, but since nothing was sent, I have no idea what nice things I might get if I do sub by a certain time.

What does the email say?
  13. Moha New Member

The email says (in condensed form):

Come back to norrath, our gift to you : 14 day free membership from Nov.17. to Dec. 01. 2015
    with links for client download and password retrieval
  14. Moha New Member

A pitty that there is still no communication from the officials on that matter. Sad panda here :/
  15. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Moha, did you try putting in a petition and see if maybe DB can assist you?
  16. suka Well-Known Member

all of mine are
  17. Moha New Member

Yes, did so a couple of days back, still no answer and still not all access.
  18. That guy. Well-Known Member

They didn't even bother sending me an email for any of my accounts, found out by accident when checking my access in account management that my account supposedly has "14 days of All Access Pre-Paid" that ends on the 2nd. So I get 6 days instead of 14 because Daybreak can't afford the bandwidth to send everyone an email to let them know BEFORE they lose half their time? No thanks. Nice to see there really is no difference between the effectiveness of SOE vs. Daybreak.
  19. Gudum Active Member

If you want to verify that you actually got the 14-day free membership, just log into your account on the Daybreak website, and under Account Management > Account History there will be an item on 11/17/15 called Nov 2015 Winback.

I've got three accounts that were subbed at some time in the past, two got the free membership, the other didn't, and one that did was bugged for a day until customer service straightened it out. I had used a krono shortly before receiving the email, and the 14-day sub got put in before it, and my account was still showing as Silver.