12 Man City Dungeons drop lvl 40 gear?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Glieze, Jun 21, 2022.

1. Glieze New Member

Can someone please enlighten me on why 12 man city dungeons drop level 40 gear that is inferior to 6 man dungeons gear? This seems like it has to be an error, I mean the gear should be somewhere in between 6man dungeon gear and 24man raid gear.

Varsoon TLE Server.
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Those city raids were designed as newbie raids to introduce concepts and mechanics. They give different gear depending on what level ranges you are tackling them at (40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60).

I should ask what 6 man dungeons you are tackling, because even for old world zones, those city raids were not supposed to always gear you up better.
    Twyla and Breanna like this.
  3. Glieze New Member

So if it gives different gear depending on your level range why would it drop level 40 gear if everyones lvl 50? Seems awfully silly. So there is no 12 man raids worth doing its simply dungeons then 24man?
  4. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Yeah pretty much.
  5. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

So this is what they drop AFTER they updated the loot from these zones?
  6. Arandar Well-Known Member

And even if you do them at level 60, you'll get level 40 gear. This was "working as intended" when we raised the issue on Stormhold, and it sounds like nothing has really changed in this particular instance.
  7. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I got different armors from the armor molds that dropped depending on which specific level I chronomentored down to. I even got server discoveries on Maj'Dul for some brawler gis when I did them back in 2020.
    Twyla likes this.