1.5 Million a month or more and no full time web team for EQ2Players?

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Beermizer, Apr 12, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Beermizer Guest

Ok so for a game that has 100k paying customers @ $15 a month (im sure its more than this) bringing in $1.5 Million a month how can you not have a full time web team (2 people at least just for this game) to keep EQ2Players in 100% working order?
    Please fix EQ2Players!
  2. ARCHIVED-Erurat Guest

/bump.
    I agree. My character Persona page still doesn't show most of my equipped gear. No PQ quest gear, most of the DOV stuff...etc. When will this be fixed? I'm certainly not willing to pay additional money for eq2players options when this basic part doesn't work. Please fix.
  3. ARCHIVED-Corndogs Guest

Erurat wrote:
    They took away the fee for eq2players like 2 years ago when they revamped the site.
  4. ARCHIVED-Erurat Guest

Monotone@Guk wrote:
    Then they should get rid of completely. I never knew that. It looks to me like it's an option (that I can still choose) that's broken. What's the point of having a link to a broken application? Not to mention when you click on my signature (which they still support) it links to the broken site, showing barely half my gear. Again, I ask...what's the point?
  5. ARCHIVED-Dark_Grue Guest

Monotone@Guk wrote:
    Ah, you must be a SOE apologist, I suppose?
    The basic functionality of the EQ2Players site has always been free, and a core part of the game since the game's release. It was only on November 12, 2007 during the EQ2Players RoK Release (3.4) that SOE attempted to monetize EQ2Players. They took away some of the formerly free data, and added it to some additional features, which were available on a somewhat a la carte basis, as well as part of a $3/mo. bundle.

The problem was, and I present the posts in this very forum as evidence, the paid (and free) features frequently did not work, and when they did, they did not work consistently or for all their paying customers. And they continued to have massive problems throughout the entire some two-year period the paid services were available.
    Now, I'm sure you've seen the postings from the so-called Customer Service representatives, which have fairly consistently parroted statements such as:
    Raster wrote:
    This is nonsense.
    The EQ2Players service is only of interest to people who play the game (F2P is only a relatively recent development, and isn't really relevant to the discussion). It is fundmentally part of the game service. Its reason to exist, and its funding, is part of the subscription fees and other revinues produced by the players. It has been since the game's release. The addition, and subsequent scrapping, of the paid services does not alter this, nor provide an excuse.
    It also fails to explain why, when the EQ2Players service added aditional paid services, the service established an even worse record.
    Folks, let me make it clear: the thing about the paid service ending causing all these problems? The service was already having problems well before that.
    It's a red herring.
  6. ARCHIVED-Elifin Guest

The only thing I find even slightly amusing about it is that it's still listed under Services.
    I don't give a flying crap how much it costs to run, how much it would cost to fix it, how much we pay a month or used to pay for it or who is responsible for it, if in fact anyone is.
    Enough buck passing ffs tell us wtf is going on with it or close it down.
    I don't see how $oE could keep it up at all in its current form. It's an embarrassment.
  7. ARCHIVED-Thorgald Guest

So why is eq2players so important then?

I've played this game on and off for a few years now and i've never ever found a good enough reason to visit it.
  8. ARCHIVED-Beermizer Guest

Thorgald wrote:
    For the same reason soap is important when bathing. You may not feel the need to use it or find it important personally but trust me others do.
  9. ARCHIVED-Erurat Guest

Beer@Unrest wrote:
    Great analogy! LOL.

Seriously though, it's nice to compare items with other guildies or players. It gives me a nice guide to use and for items/gear to put me on my wish list.
  10. ARCHIVED-Ferunnia Guest

It's nice to be able to ninja-scope some stranger before inviting them to your uber PuG group to then discover they're running around in SF treasured crap and you're now stuck with them because most people in PuGs frown on people being a-holes and putting idiots in their place when they join a group knowing all they're doing is riding on someone else's coat-tails.
  11. ARCHIVED-Beermizer Guest

Fire someones assistant and hire a web person to fix this. Sony already looks bad why have this make you look worse.
  12. ARCHIVED-EndevorX Guest

Plus a quadrillionz.
  13. ARCHIVED-SOE-MOD-02 Guest

Amnerys gave a response last month in the other thread that is more active. Let's keep the discussion there please :)

Thank you!