Chronoportal Phenomenon Feedback and Bugs 2022

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Feb 19, 2022.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

It used to be that a level 10 could not get into any of the zones.
    I belief the lowest zone was level 20.
    When the quest was introduced to find critters in every zone, the zones were opened to all levels, but that does not mean you can finish or even begin the actual zone.
    There will always be something you can't do, because your level is to low.
    I did not get the new expansion either, but maybe next year I will.

mmmpf :D Denmum (giggles), you sound like a bear.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  2. Carynn Well-Known Member

Thanks, that makes sense!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Denmum like this.
  3. Gelenor Well-Known Member

Having some real problems placing the twin shards to get spike to spawn. The one from the Master side just will not place on the pedestal for me. I know it works as I have completed it a couple of times, but this time it will not place.
  4. Chrol Developer

I'm logging in. You better be online!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. Chrol Developer

Will increase the area in which the shard can be placed a bit. Thanks!
    Twyla likes this.
  6. Gelenor Well-Known Member

sorry Chrol playing from hospital in Australia.... timefames are weird for me. Logged on to test again and it worked this time.

A couple of the loot rewards 275 to 295 resolve do not transmute - eg Cold Winds Blow and Perceived Peacekeeper's Armwrap. You will have people questioning why most of the loot mutes and some do not..
  7. Chrol Developer

No problem! Regarding the loot transmutation issue, will let the appropriate folks know. Thanks!
  8. Gelenor Well-Known Member

In Miragul's Madness, the Golden Flask combine to create the spell to defeat the final named (Solvag) requires a Chipped Tooth from the second last named corpse (Burunk), an Arctic Hawk Feather and a Lock of Hair from the barbarian Camylle. All temporary items. The Chipped Tooth is also Lore.

If group (Heroic) or you (solo) drop or stop after killing Burunk and the Burunk corpse decays before you get back to do combine and take on the final named, you lose all temporary items.

There are several Hawks around zone which allow you to get another feather, Camylle will hand over another Lock of Hair and the Golden Flask to do the combine respawns and can be gathered again. However, there would appear to be no way to obtain another Chipped Tooth as this is a lore/temporary drop from the corpse of Burunk. Any chance you can consider another way to get chipped tooth to avoid this from happening?
  9. Kaitheel Developer

Chrol's got you covered! There is another way to get the tooth in that situation.

~ Kaitheel
    Jinksie likes this.
  10. Gelenor Well-Known Member

Ahh back to looking. Cheers
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

here we go again Kaitheel ,
    Is it intentional that there is no yearly quest offered in the Chronoweave on Tarinax?

Never mind I figured it out myself, it was intentional, we could never finish the quest,because we are one zone short.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  12. Playz4fun Active Member

13. Carynn Well-Known Member

Trying this on Live now, and this quest is definitely NOT for level 120 players and the quest should be updated to read level 125 whenever you get around to a hotfix.

Adding that saying it's a level 120 quest, but requiring at minimum Vetrovia box gear, means it's not really a level 120 quest since you are level 120 with BoL and RoS. Marking it level 125 shows that it's meant to be played by VoV owners.

Also, the new painting Dwarven Might is identical to Kaladim's Ancient Guardian. Didn't see if that had been mentioned yet.
  14. Kasa Well-Known Member

The frame color and texture is different on them, when this is done its considered a new painting. :)
    Kaitheel likes this.
  15. Carynn Well-Known Member

That is very lame. But I see where the two color frames are different.
  16. Chrol Developer

The level requirement to wear that gear is 120.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  17. Kaitheel Developer

The frame is different, if I am not mistaken. As is the case with a great many of the paintings available in EQ2.

~ Kaitheel
  18. Kaitheel Developer

I would bet there's plenty of people who appreciate the options.

~ Kaitheel
    Schmetterling, Tkia and Pixistik like this.
  19. Carynn Well-Known Member

But it is level 120 VoV box gear, so you need to have VoV, and it's a misrepresentation to say the quest can be doable by any 120 when it's not true. Labeling the quest as 125 in the journal fixes that without having to explain "you need VoV expansion" to players in game.

I did put it in the wikia that you need to have VoV.
  20. Kattt Well-Known Member

Kaitheel or Chrol, not sure who to mention this to. I am not sure if this is as much unintended/bug, or just oversight. When doing the quest Beyond the Shimmering Portal, apparently it is possible to do the last fight without combining the items. I had not realized it had to be done beforehand. So my group member (solo instance) had done it, and they completed quest, but I did not. When the fight is done, the quest cannot be updated at all at this point. Hence I will have to do the whole zone again. With 2 events overlapping, striving to help on test when I can, the festival, moonlight, and all else coming, there just isn't time for one toon to do these zones more than once, let alone all toons I had hoped to. Not so much of a complaint there as I love choices of things to do. =P It just gets a smidge overwhelming.
    So, all I ask is please, put in place some sort of fail-safe for this. Talking with group member, we were thinking if you made it so at least one group member had to combine the items before being able to open final door, and making it a group update, that would solve the issue. I realize it might not be fixed this year, but a fix would be appreciated a lot. It is a lot of work and time to do all over again. I just did not have time to test this zone before, so apologies for getting this to you so late.

(Also, the Edrigen fight; The placeable area for 4 statues you set down, being slightly bigger would be good too...as during the fight its sort of a panic to get down, when all hell is breaking loose. :p )

Otherwise, the zone is enough of a challenge to keep it fun, but not so much that cannot be done. Especially when doing with a friend. Enjoyed it overall.

Thanks! :D
    Kaitheel likes this.