Chronoportal Phenomenon Feedback and Bugs 2022

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Feb 19, 2022.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Chronoportal Phenomenon is now active on Test!

For years we have been witness to mysterious portals across the Shattered Lands, allowing travel back in time, to the Age of Turmoil. This recurring phenomenon led us to recognize this as the annual phase in which the barrier to the stream of the past is the thinnest, providing us a stable entry point into the Chronoweave. We would be remiss to not take advantage of the opportunity to study these portals and experiment with the powerful magic behind them.

Find my fellow chronomancers, whether in Myrist, the Coliseum of Valor, Antonica, The Commonlands, Enchanted Lands, Thundering Steppes, Steamfont Mountains, Lavastorm, Sinking Sands, Feerrott, or Moors of Ykesha. They are holding the portals to the Chronoweave open.

Step into the time between times, where you’ll find access to famed locations during the Age of Turmoil, including one that had not existed before this year! Come and help investigate this wondrous magic! Your accomplishments will surely be rewarded.

-Distun Delki
    Renowned Chronomancer

New Features for '22!
    Special Rules Servers:
    • Tarinax server - Overseer quests, event merchant, Portals to the Past: Qeynos Hills, Plains of Karana, Qeynos Ruins, Steamfont, Nagafen's Lair, and Southern Desert of Ro can all be found in The Chronoweave for you!
    • Kaladim & Kael Drakkel servers - The entire event is active, with the exception of Beyond the Shimmering Portal, Miragul's Madness, and the Fabled zones, due to their level.
    Live servers:
    • New quest: Beyond the Shimmering Portal offered by Sorsaadh in The Chronoweave.
    • New dungeon with solo and heroic versions
      • Miragul's Madness [Heroic] and [Solo]
    • Erben Delki, the Chronoportal merchant in The Chronoweave, is now selling the following 10 new items:
      • Dwarven Might
      • Treasure From The Age of Turmoil
      • Ancient Trial Grounds
      • Lost Gardens of Vetrovia
      • Court of a Lost Civilization
      • Cold Marble Bench
      • Cold Marble Chair
      • Dar Ghoul Wizard Plushie
      • Burunk the Boundless Plushie
      • Solvag the Voracious Plushie
    Returning features:
    • In-game mail to announce and summarize the event, including locations to access the Chronoweave.
    • Returning achievements:
      • Time Traveler
    • Returning Collection:
      • Elements of Time
    • Returning overseer quests
      • Offered by Zendiel in The Chronoweave
        • Chrono Escape - Stop the Clockwork
        • Chrono Escape - Mummy Dearest
        • Chrono Escape - Upper Hand
    • Returning quests:
      • Camping the AC! – Public quest in 'Portal to the Past: Southern Desert of Ro
        • New rewards added to the PQ!
          • New Level 120+ loot
          • New Age of Turmoil Painting Choices:
            • Gates of Discord
            • Perilous Scars of Velious
            • Shadows of Luclin
      • Hunt the Past — repeatable, once per year
    • The Chronoportal merchants, Erben and Distun Delki, relocate themselves to The Commonlands and Antonica for a time, after the event is concluded.

Remember /unmentor is a useful command.

Any feedback submitted after 02/22/2022 may not be received in time to be taken into account for this year.

This event content is currently set to run 03/03/2022 at 12:01am PDT through 03/16/2022 at 11:59pm PDT on the live servers. The merchants for this event are available during the event, inside the Chronoweave, but then will be in Antonica and The Commonlands from 03/17/2022 through 04/1/2022.

~ Kaitheel
  2. Denmum Developer

I LOVE the Burunk plushie! I'll be playing through all this later (am doing some stuff with hubby for a bit), and trying out the new instance, etc. and am very much looking forward to it.

I found one typo in dialog (I am guessing it is dialog node 002, Kaitheel)
    During Sorsaadh Jarae's conversation before offering you the new quest, "... An amass of chrono energies..." should be "A mass of chrono energies..."
  3. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Or "An amassing of chrono energies..."
  4. Kasa Well-Known Member

All new house items resize, place correct and have no problems, with the expectation of Menagerie Magic Pedestal which I haven't received as a reward yet so not tested.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  5. Kasa Well-Known Member

No problems with Miragul's Madness [Solo] dungeon or the quest Beyond the Shimmering Portal.
  6. Kasa Well-Known Member

Menagerie Magic Pedestal house item resized, placed correct and has no problems.
  7. Denmum Developer

When handing in "Beyond the Shimmering Portal", the second dialog node for that chunk of conversation says "I'm not sure I have enough time to explain all the subtle aspects of chronmancy ..." Should it be "chronomancy?" :D

Everything else looks good! I did a run through the solo while waiting for Chrol, and hopefully we'll do the group one a bit later.
  8. Chrol Developer

Anyone willing and able to test Miragul's Madness [Heroic], please let me know! This should preferably be tested by the 22nd, as Kaitheel stated.

Resolve: 5775
    No Barrages (The thing that fighters love.)
    No Mortal Coil (The thing that Heroic bosses increment whenever they kill you, which heals and makes them more powerful.)
  9. Chrol Developer

Miragul's Madness [Heroic] and [Solo] bosses will drop loot whenever there's another test update.
  10. Denmum Developer

Thanks to those who helped out with the dungeon testing today! <3
  11. Chikkin Well-Known Member

the new chrono zone - is [Solo] instance meant to still have heroic^^^ mobs? Why not make them solo, or if heroic then only 1 up, 2 up at most. I went to Guk (not fabled) and they are heroic^ or heroic^^ and that's rather enough for an appropriate level character
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Hartay like this.
  12. Chrol Developer

You have the Grace of Norrath buff in solo which allows you to take on those mobs.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  13. Chikkin Well-Known Member

yeah I found out it's a zone meant for lvl 125s, I'm not there yet so lvl 127 ^^^ just smooshed me at 120 even with grace of norrath. No problem, maybe next year. Although still triple ups heroics in a "solo" are just wrong
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  14. The Martian Active Member

The Chrono Escape Rewards are kinda Meh. The potency Seems lower then what is available from the Chest in VoV (or is it just I am using low level Characters? If you Added maybe a Merc, (or 2) Familiar (or 2), or some other potion Drop, it may make it more interesting.

Thanks again for your hard work on these Holiday adventures.
  15. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

Triple ups don't matter when you're at level. With Grace of Norrath they just fall over, which is the point of having it
    Kaitheel likes this.
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

And like always I am so busy with the active event, that I find out late that the new event is being tested on the test server .
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  17. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

Miragul's solo: Could do the zone on a necro level 120 with Svarni crate gear. Couldn't do the zone on a monk level 120 with Svarni crate gear, but was able to duo it with a warden who is 100% better at healing than my merc.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  18. Kaitheel Developer

I've got those typo fixes submitted for the next hotfix, just in time for the event to go live. Oh, and we found a misnamed painting... so, Perilous Scars of Velious will be properly named, too.

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  19. Carynn Well-Known Member

I know it's past the 22nd, but I double down on what Chikken said. I'm only level 120, don't have the new expac, and the "solo" zone is not very soloable. Anyone FTP who is stuck at level 100 will likely not be able to do this at all. Holiday zones are supposed to be for funzies, not for gear/spell/familiar/barding checks. Please adjust the solo zone to be done by a level 10 naked apprentice player.
  20. Denmum Developer

{putting on a Chrol mask and trying to deepen her voice to sound like his}
    The solo zone is level 120+, so level 100 FTPs won't be able to access it.

The quality of the gear that will drop in it after the next Test patch will be better than the VoV Tishan's crate gear. If the difficulty was adjusted, then the rewards would have to be removed. I'm sorry you don't have the most recent expansion, and cannot solo the zone, but the gear within it would allow you to leapfrog over VoV starter gear.

MOST holiday zones are for fun, yes. We already have a lot of content for this event that is for all levels and the rewards are similarly fun and fluffy. We are trying something a bit different this year with three events and will be doing a more challenging holiday zone, with meaty rewards for the high level players. There will still be plenty for anyone and everyone to do, we're just adding something to engage the players that are into current expansion content as well.