Not A Bug Missing collectible bags from weekly mission after finishing meta

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Moss, Dec 14, 2021.

1. Moss Well-Known Member

After finishing the solo collectibles by trading collectibles with alts I stop receiving collectible bags from new weekly mission.

We need to continue to receive those bags even after finishing the solo meta collection in order to be able to finish open collections in case we trade collectibles.
    Observing, Scalo, Ekefa and 2 others like this.
  2. Taled Well-Known Member

Can you be more specific?

It shouldn't be *possible* to trade the bags with alts for Vetrovia, nor to have finished the solo collections for another 8 sets of weekly missions. - The bags and all their contents are no trade.
    Bludd likes this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I wish they were like the Vasty Deep shiny bags... the bags were HEIRLOOM, while the contents were NO-TRADE, allowing you to share with alts.
    Doobius40504 likes this.
  4. Bludd Well-Known Member

kander said vasty deep wasnt supposed to be like that but since vd was supposed to be FUN FUN FUN they left it in instead of removing it
    VoV is deliberately not like that so you cant do that trick
  5. Beee Well-Known Member

The reward shiny from all the collections containing NOTRADE shinies are 100% tradeable. So as reported in beta: The NOTRADE shinies are usefull, but the reward shinies should be HEIRLOOM or better NOTRADE too :)
  6. Taled Well-Known Member

Actually, the issue is that those meta reward shinies *shouldn't* be tradable.
    Doobius40504, Beee and Bludd like this.
  7. Miragian Well-Known Member

Yea, its meant to take us weeks to finish the collection not days and an army of alts. Now, if you'd do the whole of the meta I could see an argument to allow you to get ones for your alts at that point.
  8. Ptalomej Member

but since this has already happened and the players are not to blame that such a mistake was made - we need to be able to complete these collections, and not even for the sake of rewards, but simply so that many people like to complete as many collections as possible.
    Observing, Twyla and Sigrdrifa like this.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

THIS. I am still struggling to finish some collections all the way back to POP. Because I gotta have them ALL.
  10. Taled Well-Known Member

I would agree if common sense didnt say that the meta pieces being tradable was clearly a mistake. Every piece being locked behind no trades makes it pretty clear, I think.
  11. Moss Well-Known Member

How could you consider it was a mistake ?

Meta collectible have been tradeble for years now, it has been part of the game since almost the begining of the game. It allows players to finish collectible that are rare by finishing it on an alt or by buying it on broker. It also allows players to complete collectible if they have destroyed/lose a meta collectible by mistake (it happens to a lot of players).

If it was their intend to change the way collectible works in VoV may be they should have taken some time to think it through.

Blaming or asking to punish players for a in-game mechanims that exists for years (one that does break the game compared to p2w, crates, broken combat mitigation...) is a bit hard to hear.

Changing the way it works now, after many weeks and many players trading their collectibles, would only create problems, complains and frustrations to many players, without solving anything (except some ego may be).

They now know what they did wrong and could make sure it works properly next time.

In the meantime they should fix the notrade bag not beeing rewarded after we have finished one meta collectible and leave the current system as it is. Better not lose time breaking something that is working properly.
    Observing and Ekefa like this.
  12. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

You sound sore that you a) didn't spot it and report it in beta or b) didn't think of doing it yourself. Grats Moss on completing the meta. It was clever thinking (within the normal mechanics of the game) and a lot of hard work that got it done so fast.
  13. Taled Well-Known Member

You're right that I'm upset I didn't notice it in beta, but not because it means I didn't get to do it on live.

I'm annoyed at any bugs I missed on beta that lead to exploits on live.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  14. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Ooh careful. That sounds accusatory. And I'm not sure how passing a tradeable collection item from one character to another could be considered an exploit. Your post if anything made you sound even saltier about the whole thing. Just try to relax ok?
  15. Moss Well-Known Member

Exploit ?

Do you know what the Customer Support respond to players when they lose a meta collectible ?

A) They refuse to give it back
    B) They tell the player to do it again and trade it to their main character !

So no it is not an exploit, it is part of the game mechanism that is know at least by the customer support
    Observing and Ekefa like this.
  16. Bludd Well-Known Member

yeah but this is a new regime of shinies so the metas being tradeable was probably not intended
  17. Scalo Active Member

metashinies have been always tradable, nothing new here, plenty of them on broker from previous xpacs.

it is unexpected however, that completing the master collection using metashinies from alts prevents you from completing your own sub-collections!

for collection-obsessive folks (most of us!), thats a sad thing to happen.

bags dont need to be heirloom, just keep dropping after collection finish.
    Beee and Sigrdrifa like this.
  18. Caith Developer

This is not a bug, once you have completed the meta collections the weeklies are not intended to continue granting meta collection reward pieces.
  19. Ptalomej Member

If the collection cannot be completed - this is a bug
    Observing likes this.
  20. Scalo Active Member

I believe you missed the point in this problem - meta-shinies are still tradable as always have been.
    However, unexpectedly, its impossible to receive no-trade shinies in any way after completing the collection.

It means that:
    - a person who receives a meta-shiny from alt/other person to complete the necklace collection, cannot complete the collection, which rewards that meta-shiny, because he no longer receives shiny bag from weekly.
    - a person who trades a meta-shiny to other person, no longer can complete their necklace collection, because the receiving person cannot get and return that meta-shiny (unless they take meta-shiny from yet another person, but this jus shifts the problem to someone else).
    - being unable to complete some collections, we're also missing a whole bunch of useful rewards.

Now we understand what the new collection system was meant to be, but unfortunately you botched it by keeping meta-shinies tradable. Now a lot of people are unable to complete some collections.

There is no harm in allowing them to receive the missing no-trades. You can do new your collection system correctly next time.
    Ptalomej likes this.