How are you doing in Frostfell ?

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Geroblue, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Spooky thing there is, I had this happen to me on Test where I had a combat pet of mine on Stay, so I took that off so he could Follow me again. He did, right THROUGH the dome... :-/

Uwk
    who especially loves the whole "dismount the jerks forcibly" bit when GIANT PHOENIXES are involved (of all the mounts I don't much care for, which aren't many, I HATE the phoenixes with a flaming [heh] passion. I don't even like riding on them myself, since I have to go third-person camera or get motion sick, but those bloody wing and tail feathers flapping around in my face while I'm trying to get from Point A to Point B is really irritating. And don't even talk to me about having to deal with them in a Banking or other NPC situation... :mad:)
    Rosyposy, Geroblue, Almee and 2 others like this.
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I got, over 17 toons and multiple accounts, 2 or 3 of the cranberry oozes, some garlands, one cream-point kitten, one petamorph wand, and two sugar sweet dreams plushies. And several peppermint candy cane crowns.

So far.

Oh, a couple of Santa Glug and some other items I don't remember.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

All the more reason for Santug to have just the new stuff and let the Frostfell merchants sell the old things he would've handed out that year.

I've suggested it on Chat Channel, and just about everyone who saw/heard that thought it was a marvelous idea. ;->

Uwk
  4. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

I agree, if anything, please just put the previous two years on santa glug and the rest on a vendor for 2-5 e'ci tokens.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Foo, I was thinking have the regular old items on the merchants for silver and copper, and the Heirloom things for 1 E'ci Token each (they're old, they're usually pets of the type you can't have more than one of per person...). Or just remove the Heirloom tag from old items (like...duck house pets, Snowman vanity pets, etc. It's been done before). ;->

Uwk
  6. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Duck pets have never been heirloom. The creepy arctic tundra crocs are, though, which I find baffling.

The snowman vanity pets aren't anymore, either; I've put all my spares in my GH scroll depot now, and there are over a hundred in there.

And I agree: Old gifts for gold/silver/copper, and maybe the fluff pets be E'ci tokens.
  7. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I've gotten exactly one of the ceramic trees.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I think I got a ceramic tree today, but I"m not sure. I did get another cream point kitten. Some trees, and a lemon plushie.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Anyone who needs spare Ceramic Trees (or really anything tradeable), let me know; I have either almost all the ones I need or extras now on most of my servers (I'm on six: AB, Halls of Fate, Maj'Dul, Skyfire, Thurgadin, and Public Test [PT especially has TONS of extras of certain items]). :)

Sadly, I can't help with folks needing Kittens, since they're HEIRLOOM (I have TONS of extra Cranberry Oozes here and there, but again, I can't do anything about that, since they're HEIRLOOM)... X-P

I'll be more than happy to trade for free with anyone who needs things before I save out the rest for the Broker; I just wish I could trade for things like Oozes on Thurgadin or Kittens on AB (see below), but I can't, since they're both HEIRLOOM. X-P

Uwk
    who desperately needs more Kittens on AB, and is afraid that, come 11 pm on Jan. 4th, they'll still be in way too-short supply... :(
    Xillean, Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  10. Juraiya Well-Known Member

As someone stated earlier, I love the dome around Santa Glug. What I do NOT love is how some people are (or at least one person is) deliberately bypassing it in a way that griefs others.

Specifically, one person (I'm presuming one person; all toons were from a single guild, and were logging in one after another) would get her/his gift, then - after being pushed back by Santa - would deliberately run back toward Santa and camp right next to him. With a pony, a goblin, a merc, a fluff pet, a familiar, and sometimes a combat pet all up at the same time. So when that person would pop back, BAM! Right on top of Santa with all those pets and mercs, often completely obscuring Santa except for a single foot for anyone else to click on.

If I never see a single character from Fires of Heaven again, it will be 20 minutes too soon. Tried to Report them, but you can only report on your account once every 5 minutes, and they were doing it with every single toon on their account. (And more than one account; often two characters would be piled up on Santa: Mercs, ponies, goblins, pets, familiars, and all.)

Suggestion for the devs (if they're taking suggestions): Enhance the dome so that it also prevents characters from camping within that sphere. If a character tries, they are immediately put out of camp mode and pushed back to the line that you get pushed to when getting a gift. I wouldn't expect this to be implemented this year, but perhaps in a future year; this really is aggravating, because it seems like deliberate griefing. (Or at least complete selfishness.)

Fortunately, although we're in Day 15 (wow, Frostfell is half gone already?!?), this is the first time I've seen someone behaving that inconsiderately. Haven't seen it at all on AB, either; only Maj'Dul, and only that one player.

I love the new Overseer quest; the rewards from it are nice. Frostfell is always my favorite time of year in Norrath, and I'm happy once more to come back after a several month hiatus. :)
    Lateana, Rosyposy, Twyla and 3 others like this.
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I don't know why they do it either. I doubt it gets them anything extra due to the wait.
  12. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

I just want a local option to hide all summonables.

Take us back to the days where it was just you and your gear!
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Welcome back to us, lovey! Good to see you again here! :D

And yeah, I'd noticed that pets could get through the dome, be they vanity, combat, whatever. Poor Kaitheel is having enough issues with rejecting mounts, but I thought they could do something like that, reducing the size of the pets/increasing the range between them and their owners/something around the undead lovers wandering around The Commonlands (which shoved the collecting race out of there for Erollisi Day)? 'Cause that was a major griefing situation, too, apparently...I've never done that one, so I couldn't say for sure.

Uwk
    Juraiya, Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Because they can and they're Richard-heads? :-/

Uwk
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm; like, something we could click on to not see all the summoned of others (if that included those stupid Tweety Bird phoenix mounts, o please, o please, o please :D), or something that would activate when we got to the Santug Dome?

Uwk
  16. Ruua (Gwylen)

I'm very happy with what I've managed to nab this Frostfell ^^ It's my first one, so I wasn't sure if I was being unrealistic aiming for a mount But I managed to get enough tokens for both the lion and the kitten familiar, which I'm super happy about! and I think I completed all the quests I could at my current level

I'm loving the crafted Frostfell clothes, got both my mains looking very cosy ^^ ❤️

[IMG]

Santa Glug has been very generous, as I got the ceramic tree decoration and the little dragon summon pet which were the main two I was after! ❤️ The only other one I wanted was the cream point kitten, which I got on my Kaladim character, so even if my main can't have it, I'm glad I'll get to use it on one char! Still got my fingers crossed before the event ends that RNG will bless me with one on Skyfire though!

If anyone on Skyfire wants a peppermint crown or crumble rug let me know! as I seem to have ended up with lots of them, haha
    Are the duck pets completely unavailable now then? or just super rare drops from Glug?
    Hartay, Breanna, Twyla and 1 other person like this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

First off, welcome aboard! :D

Secondly, the ducks are, thank the gods (really; we were overwhelmed by them at one point), no longer handed out by Santug this year; they may show up on the Frostfell Village merchants in later years. Fortunately, they do not have the Heirloom tag on them, so anyone that has extras (/raising_paw) will probably be more than happy to trade with you, or even bestow them upon you outright. ;->

Thirdly, there are indeed probably many folks out there who have extras of even the "old stuff" (for us) that would be more than happy to share; I did get all the gifties I was needing from Santug this year, but some were by the skin of my teeth, and I always like a little buffer here and there of an extra one or two per server, just in case I wind up creating more alts (*cough, cough*) that "missed out" on getting the cool new stuff from 2021. Sadly, neither the Cranberry Ooze house pet nor the Cream-Point Kitten vanity pet (follows you around outdoors, but doesn't help with combat) are able to be traded since they have an Heirloom tag on them (you can trade them with your own alt characters, but that's it; you can't even mail them to your other characters), but everything else in the new stuff this year can be traded freely. Among the "old stuff," only the Lemon Yellow Gumdrop vanity pet is Heirloom.

Which server(s) are you on, Ruua? I could probably help you out with any missing things (though I am low on a couple of categories, and would probably be asking for your help with those), and I'm on all 4 regular US servers (Antonia Bayle, Halls of Fate, Maj'Dul, Skyfire), Thurgadin (Europe), and Public Test. :)

And it would be free, or a trade for things I'm really low on myself. :)

Uwk
    who suggests a Private Message here in the forums if you have really long lists... ;->
    Ruua, Rosyposy, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  18. Juraiya Well-Known Member

There's a dragon summon pet we can get this year? :eek: I know about the dragon plushie from last year (and I'm sad that it didn't make a comeback - it was my favorite from last year), but if there's a summon pet other than the ones that get dropped by those gifty boxes, then I haven't seen it yet.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

From Santug directly? Hmm...

Icy Keep or the merchants, yeah, that I can see. :)

Uwk
    Juraiya and Breanna like this.
  20. Ruua (Gwylen)

Aww thank you for the warm welcome and all of the info! :D I'm mainly on Skyfire, but I have one character on Antonia Bayle and one on Kaladim (The Kaladim one has only managed to grab Heirloom things so far, haha, so no trades there yet!)

I went through my doubles and I'd be up for trading some of these! ❤️ I'd definitely love some of the white housepet ducks from a few years ago if anyone has a couple they'd be up for trading. My house has a pond and they are perfect, haha ^^ I couldn't find much info on the past few years Glug gifts though.

So I guess my wishlist would be:
    - Another Ceramic Tree
    - Alabaster Pekin Ducks ❤️
    - Maybe House items from previous years that aren't on the vendors? :D

These are the bits I'd be happy to trade if you are low on them on these servers, let me know! :)

Antonia Bayle –
    - 1x Cool Mint Candy Crown
    - 1x Santa Glug Plushie

Skyfire -
    - 4 x Candy Crumble Rug
    - 2 x Santa Glug Plushie
    - 3 x Sugar Sweet Dreams Plushie
    - 2 x Icespire Maiden Plushie
    - 7 x Cool Mint Candy Crown

So many Candy Crowns, haha ^^; If anyone on Skyfire hasn't managed to nab one of those yet, lemme know your character name and I'll mail you one lol :D

Ohh I've grabbed some screenshots of it, it came on a scroll like the kitten does! I think I got it from one of the Glug presents that spawn in North Qeynos when you hear the sleighbells ringing overhead. I think it's a slightly smaller version of the familiar one from the marketplace? But not 100% sure! Super cute though :D❤️

[IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]