Of VoV TS Missions and Harvests

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Denmum, Dec 6, 2021.

1. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Any chance we could get a bag check for daily tradeskill items we already have in ownership? Also, can transmutation stones be either lowered or removed from this list. It's the vast majority of what I've gotten for the dailies, and I have to admit, I'm highly unenthused to continue running them except that I need recipes. :(
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Weeklies should *ALWAYS* reward an advanced recipe. Always. No exceptions. There are 52 weeks in the year, and 365 days to do dailies. People get soda cans and furniture from the dailies, but they should *NEVER* get soda cans or furniture from the weeklies. That is a slap in the face to get a chess piece after spending an hour gathering materials for a weekly.
    AOE1, Daelini, Xianthia and 5 others like this.
  3. Daryx Well-Known Member

Thanks for acknowledging that. As I have stated a couple times in other threads, to me it's not an incentive to do the missions to get the mastercrafted/expert spell books when you are up against an unknown loot table and the chances seem dismal. It become a disincentive really. I still am missing a lot of the 111-120 books because it is not an easy matter to figure out what overseer mission MIGHT drop one.

I would much rather have a visible goal I can work toward. (Although not 250 rejected agent resumes per book--really???) The VOV missions are rewarding a currency that is, as far as I can tell, for adventure rewards, so why not have the books available for those coins so we TSers have a motivation (especially those who don't adventure, of which I am not one)?

But thanks again for answering and trying to stay on top of all the madness. I think we all have to take a breather and remember it's barely 10 days since the expansion went in and there's a lot that didn't really become evident during beta.
    Nadini likes this.
  4. Flatline Well-Known Member

Thank you more than fair, and i'll take that!! At least you are aware that the RNG is such and unfair thing for effort.

Thank you.
  5. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

This, x millions. I just want to be allowed to *earn* my books. Why repeatedly giving people the finger is thought to be good for player engagement is beyond me. I have essentially given up on these missions, and I suggest everyone else do the same. Then perhaps something might be done about it.
    AOE1, Daelini and Nadini like this.
  6. morderir Active Member

repost of my discord post about the recipe book , for the sake of the discusion :) at least now we can discuss of the state of the craft, which is a big improvement .
    "there is a big conceptual problem with that. mc gear have a rather narrow window of utility and by the time most artisans get their recipes , they will be outdated/useless . i am not specially fast nor advanced ( only one weekly T1 and adventure timeline ) and mc gear is already useless in a good chunk on my equipement slot . already done around 10 weekly and i think around 50/60 daily . Got 3 artisans recipe book ( 1 in double, bristtlebane be cursed until and of time...) and 2 adorning ( one in double) and 1 barding. ...... . standard recipes are nearly useless past adventure timeline. Mastercraft equipement will be useless past 3-5 weeks of the extension starts (except for spell, consumable). may be the possibility to buy the recipe book with the currency gained can help . i am afraid its too late for this extension but may be the next."
  7. Nightchord New Member

It's probably difficult to have to read all of these complaints, especially when you are stressed from being overworked and only have limited say in what happens in terms of coming up with resolutions. Please understand that we are not unhappy with you. All of us are delighted to have you on the team. Our voices here are meant to give you data to share with the other members on the team. You see, the real data--the data that really matters--won't show up on a week's worth of numbers nor even a year's worth of data. Most of us don't find the current system of handing out daily TS quest rewards fun. You won't find a fun factor in a spreadsheet analysis. Let the bean counters know that it isn't fun on our behalf and they can stop waiting for numbers to accumulate in order to prove or disprove the fun factor. It sounds like a solution is in the works, but if we don't share our thoughts, then our silence would represent happiness.
    AOE1, Rosyposy and Nadini like this.
  8. Celestia Well-Known Member

I just want to say, Denmum you are doing an awesome job and I hope you know that. It's not you, it's the system. But like I said in another thread, this system WILL discourage people and not encourage them.

And guys, let's not keep harassing her, she IS doing all she can, and I would like her to stay and not be so stressed out.
  9. Belal <Inception> New Member

@Denmum Thank you for compiling the issues in one thread, it's much easier on us too and glad it's making your life easier ;) Thank you also for acknowledging some of our complaints and issues currently in the game. I understand you are not the one who handles this, but is there any way you can nudge those who do handle this topic in the right direction? Please bring back the rare harvest chance from PoP and later. Setting the RHC to RNG is a big problem, not only for the tradeskillers who need it, but also for the market. Prices are ridiculous because of the rarity of them. I have 77% rare harvest chance, 103% bountiful harvest, and almost 1200 harvesting skills across the board, and I spent an hour yesterday harvesting and got 1 rare of each type. One. Single. Rare. I'm not complaining at you, Denmum, but the way the system is now is completely unbalanced and broken. I understand that it was changed in BoL, but I only just returned to the game two months ago, so I wasn't aware of a lot of the changes that took place. Now though, it's blindingly obvious that the RHC is set to RNG, and how broken that actually makes it. As others have stated, it's not good for retention of those players who mostly enjoy harvesting and crafting (of which I am one).

Keep up the great work, and thank you for all you do, Denmum!
    Rosyposy and witchy77 like this.
  10. Nadini New Member

For just 124 million plat, you can buy an Advanced Vetrovian Sage's Volume 1, on the broker. But there is only one. Sadly, I have nowhere near that much plat. Maybe next week I will get one. "fingers crossed, legs crossed and eyes crossed" ;)
    Schmetterling and Breanna like this.
  11. Yavie Active Member

Denmum,
    First off, thank you for such a fun and interesting TS Sig. Line. It was really enjoyable even on the 9th toon.

Secondly, I LOVE that we have special items we need to harvest up in FG for the daily and weekly quests.

Thirdly, and I'm sure others won't understand this, getting a transmutation stone as a daily reward is awesome for this adorner. I would much rather have that than more house items. My houses overfloweth with items.

And lastly, I have issues with the recipes that do drop where you need an item from a heroics zone. Many of my toons have gotten one of these and that's all well and good, but since the end result is a no trade item, it means I need to do it as a commission for someone else because the items my characters have gotten won't work for them. Now, if that's what is supposed to happen, that's fine. But if we should be able to give them to another character, making them heirloom would be good.

Oh yes!! Thank you so very much for getting rid of the heirloom tag on many things that we used to sell!!! And making the gear actually something that is an upgrade without having to go into the heroic zones to do it. At least, I hope the advanced books are like that.

Yours in harvesting,
    Yanu from Test
    Yavie from Skyfire
    Rosyposy likes this.
  12. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Yeah, sorry to join the people complaining about the daily/weekly TS rewards but useful stuff needs to be tweaked to have a slightly better drop chance. Way too much chance of getting utterly useless rewards for your effort.

Recipe books in particular are as rare as rocking horse ****. That needs to be adjusted I think.
    Quiarrah likes this.
  13. Squidly Active Member

Could you please remove the Potion of Progress from the Weekly/Daily Loot Table? This is a useless potion for a 125 Crafter, I would rather be rewarded a Mute Can, than a Potion.
  14. Dogwood Member

Or at least make them Heirloom
    Karamella and Sigrdrifa like this.
  15. Madrac New Member

Honestly, with removing the transmutation core from the daily the reward became even worse. Now I get a useless house item. It looks nice, but I'm not a decorator so it's pointless to me. Please fix this, I'm already calling it 'daily disappointment'.
    Rattophaxe likes this.
  16. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

Yes. We complained, so they subtracted the only thing that was even slightly useful. I suspect I am detecting a pattern here....
  17. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

I got a recipe today! Hooray. Just the one though. 7 weeklies and dailies done. Every reward was either a potion of progress or a house item, except for 1 toon who got an adorning recipe. One lucky toon got a potion of progress for both the weekly AND the daily. Great success!
    Nadini likes this.
  18. Denmum Developer

Please be patient. I'm working on something for the next patch, but as details may change during implementation, I'm not going to post details until I've got it set up and cleared through QA.

We are barely two weeks in, and everyone and their cousin has a different idea of how things "should" be fixed while I still have to somehow keep the idea of progression going instead of giving you everything right off the bat.
    tasnee, Breanna, Kethryl and 5 others like this.
  19. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

YES! Crafters should be able to get their books with NO problems. Crafting is what we do. I have been waiting for these books ever since I saw the items and now. . . I cant get them because they are a RARE?? And 900,000,000,000,000m,000,000m PLAT??? I do NOT have thast kind of money. The books should be a NORMAL drop for doing the TS dailies. Even Weekly. I could handle THAT. But this rare stuff. .. No. I'm about ready to quit playing after Fostfell for awhile cause I am just so frustrated. I have never had this had a time getting recipes books. There were things I wanted for houses I am decoing (for other people. . . NOT even MY houses) that I cant use now caus. . . NO BOOKS.
    LOVE THE ARTWORK. LOVE THE ZONES. LOV LOV LOVE EVERYTHING ELSE. . . . *just not the Advanced Book drop rate and price. these people selling them for 9,999,999,99999,9999,9,9,9,9,9,9,99,99,9,9,, plat are GREEDY So's(if you ask me)
    AOE1, Nadini and Rosyposy like this.
  20. Doobius40504 Active Member

I think you're doing an impossible job for some, SOME, irrational people on here. I think if I was as irate as flatline I might take a walk or go beat your puppy, or whatever you need to do, but you need to lighten the F up in here. You sound like a f'n crybaby. /END

Peace!