Notices of problems only being replied to on Discord

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by AOE1, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Nazy Well-Known Member

I've never seen the discord before and was wondering how you get there.
  2. Feldon Well-Known Member

As with any chat medium, signal-to-noise ratio is going to be super low. There might be one or two nuggets of crucial information in a day's chat logs, yet the entire logs must be pored through to find those gems. I was doing so, until I was told I could not.
    Mermut and Breanna like this.
  3. Feldon Well-Known Member

Nazy likes this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I just mute most of the channels, and leave the announcement channel unmuted so I see notifications. My raidforce uses Discord for raid voice chat, so I have to have it installed anyway.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

This, honestly, is completely baffling..
  6. Feldon Well-Known Member

Obviously I haven't been in EQ2 discord for many years. Do things like "we know about issue X" or "We're going to fix Y" end up in Announcements?
  7. Almee Well-Known Member

This has been a very entertaining thread. I'm glad my eyes cleared up enough so I could read it. It reminds me of the good old days before forums became moderated.

I've never gotten banned but I have had posts removed. I try really hard not to be offensive but I've been told I need to work on tact. That probably won't happen in this lifetime lol.

But I have to agree with AOE1. I too find it distressing that things are being discussed on Discord and not here in the forums. I don't mind if it is a personal problem, being discussed on Discord, but if it is a game-wide issue it should be addressed on the Forum.
    Mermut, The-Plethora and Fangrim like this.
  8. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Discord is convenient for Devs, but not convenient or useful for a huge chunk of eq2 customers.

No one should be surprised. They manage the entire game this way.
    Mermut and Tkia like this.
  9. Melkior Well-Known Member

From my perspective, I think it's good that Discord is there since it allows information to be disseminated quickly. The failing is that no one at DPG seems to have the responsibility to then push that information to the forums. There's no reason this has to be an either/or type of situation. Small companies sometimes struggle with communications, but it would be nice if they put an emphasis on this.
    Mermut and Tkia like this.
  10. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Just use Twitter instead of Discord, let the world know what you think and how you feel on something they cant censor or ban you for giving an honest opinion.
    They do good, say so, they screw the pooch, tell em
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Bludd Well-Known Member

discord is much more convenient than these forums imho
    but they kinda serve different uses
    Priority likes this.
  12. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

I think this is a good rule of thumb if you don't want to run afoul on Discord:

Do not use evaluative statements in discussions with the 2 devs named.

They probably see Discord as part of their workflow. Personal evaluations and opinions (valid or not) may be seen as impediments to that workflow.

I suspect that even I would get some sort of suspension/ban on Discord if I chimed in (with some apologist take) because it is not productive or conducive (considered spam/clutter).
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

[IMG]
    Feldon likes this.
  14. Feldon Well-Known Member

15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Ideally, all of those posts would be mirrored to these Forums, but obviously no one has set up automation that would allow the Community Manager to push the same notification simultaneously to the Forums, Discord, Twitter, and Facebook. They NEED to get a tool like that, though.

Maybe Discord Integrations would be something for Dreamweaver to check into?
    Jrox, The-Plethora and Breanna like this.
  16. Raff Well-Known Member

Discord / Forums....((shrug)) I read both. Don't really see any issue with 2 or more sources of info.