Summer Ethereal Runes

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Priority, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Revanu Well-Known Member

I reforge out of cb on almost all items possible and still am way over cap. L2reforge properly
  2. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

This is true. However, I think those of us who are able to reforge freely out of cb have probably got that much cb partly due to premium infusers. Personally I've just used my last one, and I don't feel like I want to spend money on any more, so unless they come in the free boxes, I might find myself less able to do this in future.
  3. CSP84 Well-Known Member

From what i have seen you will get 100 -200 DPS Mod less when reforging out of CB than ability mod.
    Snikkety likes this.
  4. Melt Actually plays the game

They're average at best for reforging and pretending otherwise is disingenuous. I would amend my statement to say they're sub-standard for reforging. Dps mod < no dps mod no abmod < abmod no dpsmod. They sit in the middle.

Cloak's solid.
  5. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

If you've got time to wait around for the perfect item to drop to reforge out of, then more power to you. Whilst yes, ab mod does reforge more efficiently into dps, there's simply no point sitting there with your cb capped. It's a waste.
  6. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Lack of flurry. For me it's the ring, earring and bracelet, regardless of stats, I'll make it work. We also don't know what they'll look like fully upgraded yet.
    I'll do what I did last year, get them all and upgrade them all. They'll be best in slot eventually if not straight away.
    Snikkety likes this.
  7. CSP84 Well-Known Member

The Ranger Rune is garbage like many others and only the wrists are really interesting out of the Ethereals. I hope that they throw in 1-2 (Direct) to Ancient Class Crates like last year. That is at least something to look for.
  8. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

FYI - Kander confirmed on Discord today that the runes on test are placeholders.

Kander Today at 12:49 PM
    The runes showing on test are not the correct rewards.

KanderToday at 12:51 PM
    The new runes have only archtype and subclass bonuses, no triggered effects
    [12:51 PM]
    Should be on test soon.
    Beee and Niami DenMother like this.
  9. CSP84 Well-Known Member

Here is the link to the updated Class Runes :
    http://eq2.eqtraders.com/articles/article_page.php?article=g909&menustr=040000000000

First of all Thank You Niami and Wilhelmina to take the time to provide the community with the screens. This is much appreciated.

Second. Congratulations to the Tanks for the most OP Rune by large margin.

Let's talk about the Ranger (Predator) and BL Rune in comparison. The Ranger get 2 effects while the BLone has 3 effects, please add some utility effect for us.
    Now let's talk how you give the weakest DD Class (Ranger) temporary 20 hard fervor (Honed Reflexes) while the already strong BL Class gets 100 CB Overcap permanently, how is this even remotely balanced ?

This again shows that the Devs in charge doing nothing to improve the Ranger Class. When you speak about "Class balance" those are empty words aren't they.
    The impression i get is that out of 26 Classes the ranger class will always be on Position 27 when it comes to class balance.
    Another slap in the face for the Ranger Community.
    EmJay, Wulfgyr and Beee like this.
  10. Beee Well-Known Member

Thx for the update

And Conjurer Pet Mastery still has the useless 50 Fervor for pets on using Scrifice?

This is the exact useless klick thing conjureres are talkig for 2 years - better remove this complete than having a non functionalty push for 12,8 seconds for primary pets. It did not work for the last 2 years.

Just for description: Sacrifice can be used every 90 seconds and runs 12.8 seconds. Elemental Blast is not modified by Pet Fervor anymore, so we cant control what happens in these 12.8 seconds.

Using this effect all the time it's still not a parseable difference :mad:
  11. Arclite Well-Known Member

Not sure what is OP about tank runes. Thats pretty much the exact same rune as it was last time. I wonder that why even bother with a new rune when you can just let us use the ones in our bags already. A color palette swap would do.

If anything, they are on the weaker side of runes since we never get anything specifically to improve our "good" abilities and/or dps overall. Plus given crazy amount of dps from other classes, it would only make sense to give tanks the tool to at least hold aggro against them...
  12. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

So basically nothing has changed: we are still to have the new class runes inspite of Kander's words about balance. We are to have another round of "op" imbalanced abilities that will haunt us for years.

Once again, a great job at destroying your own game and cutting the branch on which you sit on!
  13. Schortt Active Member

Please for the love of all things, don't tell me the "Wiz/Necro" rune is accurate on eq2 trader. How can you put a proc on a wiz rune that buffs pets, when we dont have pets.... As it is the DPS is so out of wack. a proper set up Beast lord is doing 3 to 4x more dps t1 to t1 and scouts anywhere from 40 to 100% more dps... necros are also out dpsing wizards.... that last round of balancing although did boost our dps some no where near balanced out classes
  14. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Waiting for new ethereal runes, gear and armour. And if I understood it correctly we are going to have one more GU before new expansion. Maybe wrong on that though. Busy weeks ahead.
  15. Mermut Well-Known Member

I suppose... woot? I don't need to bother getting the 'class adorn' on either of my raiding healers?
    A tiny fervor boost that excludes priests and another boost that ignores priests for the shaman and a fervor boost to offensive abilities for the druid...
    Wulfgyr likes this.
  16. Noobless Member

right i have held my tounge far more than i normally do, why i cant post this on discord after all lol,..

these class runes are an absolute joke its a game of picking favourite class's you dont listen to your paying customers i am sure before long raids will consist of 1 tank and 23 beastlords cause screw all the other class's like i dont know if you listened or even gave a damn about what people have said or complained about class runes like conjy and dirge and the majority of the healers are compete and utter useless, the big promise with this and every other god damn expansion was to fix the class in balance but there u go again creating bigger rifts its absolutely appalling and i can guess this post will be deleted following a forum ban blah blah cause u dont like the negative impacts u create in the game called out, class balance my ***
  17. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Yes, 20 fervor boost for offensive abilities for a priest is a joke. Especially for the Inquisitor (even with additional 15 fervor to combat arts). My usual raid parcer is something like:
    15 billion dps total
    13.4 bl is autoattack
    700 ml is Empyral Inciniration
    200 ml primal instinct
    100 ml Decisive strike
    100 ml Equalize
    100 ml Interrogation
    400 ml is the rest of abilities and procs together

Each comabt art I have does around 20-40 ml dps at the best. I'm not sure that even 2000 fervor is enough to make the combat arts noticable and worth using as a dps source.
    Snikkety and Wulfgyr like this.
  18. Wolf_ Member

I hope the beastlord rune is a joke. Dont the have enough stuff? Do they really need another tool? The Bards buffing 100 crit bonus overcap to grp the beastlords too and additionaly 100 crit bonus overcap to themselves... Is tha plan to replace all other classes through beastlords? I mean they can heal like a healer. They are able to do 2 times higher dps than all other classes. If i am right they also able to fill up mana. Now they are supporting the group a little more. The tanks should be afraid next time the beastlord is getting aggro spells and stoneskins and bullwark.

Whats about endgame? If you have all the stuff ingame you really dont need 20 Fervor this doesnt take any effect. What i mean is. I have 400,8 Fervor solo without heartbound on ranger. In raid i have usually around 465 because of the fervor overcap. If the supporter buffs their fervor overcap tools i am getting around 530 but also on cap. For what reason we need 20 Fervor more? Beastlord instead is getting an overcap value which everytime works. If the ranger/sin gets fervor the beastlord should get crit bonus not overcap.Then it would be at least just as useless. In addtion you get passsiv around 80-100 Fervor through the class buffs and red runes to combat abilitys. Those 80-100 Fervor are totally lost...

Another Point to the screaming wizards... sure you also dont get the high dps like a beastlord. But if you are outparsed by a necro there went something wrong... Maybe your spells our stats are to low compared to the necro. I am not the worst ranger but on raid our wizard with currently 8k potency less is nearly parsing the same value like me. And I have never been parsed out by a necro. Not even nearly.
  19. Jrox Well-Known Member

There are some angry peeps all over different channels in discord and now starting to see the fury in the forums. I imaging you don't get in discord because those there are fearful of a ban. These runes in my humble opinion are pretty much trash. Copy and paste much, lol? I mean really. The beastlord is making out like a bandit and everyone else seemed to get spit on. I have a beastlord alt I am probably going to start maining on just because lol. I am more useful to a raid team doing twice my current DPS than feeding power. Hell if all dps and utility go to beastlords, there would be no use for the rest honestly. Feed myself power. Help heal. My pet can literally tank most mobs, even with bulwark. And DPS, ha ya got that covered for sure.

It would have been nice to see CB overcap on the rune rather than 20 fervor that does nothing for me.
    Wulfgyr likes this.
  20. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Beastlord stuff HAS to be good - 'cause it'll help drive more customers to pay to unlock the Beastlord class. ;)

Coming in the next GU: a popup when you zone in that allows you to pay DBC to clear all the zone trash and go straight to the nameds. /s
    Jrox and Zynt like this.