Summer Ethereal Runes

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Priority, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Priority Well-Known Member

Why are we adding the class runes back in? They were removed for balancing concerns, there has been no real balancing, and they appear to be a copy/paste of the old class runes that caused so much drama. How is this possible good for the game and why is nothing being changed on them. The fighter rune just takes fighter balance even further out of whack and several classes have runes that are laughable compared to their counterparts.

Why do we continue to just screw this game up more and more.
    Beee and Snikkety like this.
  2. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Because people complain, rightfully so, but they also continue playing and paying too.
  3. Melt Actually plays the game

Agreed, these runes will more than likely trivialize all remaining content.
  4. Wolf_ Member

Das ist echt ein Witz. Die Klassen sind jetzt schon nicht balanciert und jetzt werden die alten Runen ohne Überarbeitung zurückgebracht. Würde sich Mr. Daybreak bitte mal die Effekte anschauen. Da sind Klassen dabei die sind jetzt schon overpowered oder nah dran und werden noch verbessert und andere die jetzt schon am ***** sind bekommen nichts oder etwas nutzloses. Ist euch das ganze wirklich so egal wie es den Anschein hat? Nur durch den Übersetzer gejagt, wenn es euch egal ist warum soll ich mir dann Mühe machen...

----------------

That's really a joke. The classes are already not balanced and now the old runes are returned without revision. Would Mr. Daybreak please take a look at the effects. There are classes that are already overpowered or close and are still being improved and others who are already on the *** get nothing or something useless. Do you really care as much as you do? Only chased by the translator, if you don't care why should I bother..
    Beee likes this.
  5. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

As a monk, the class rune is like the first (ridiculous) incarnation of the destruction rune set, in that it adds damage to all abilities which affect hate. So all taunts and buffs which proc taunts, suddenly also proc damage. It's immense and as much as I'll enjoy doing more dps, I think I'm supposed to be a tank.
    Currently Dragon Stance (proc from Dragon Rage) does no damage. In CD, it was consistently 2nd or 1st on the parse for me.

That reminds me, I'd better start levelling up Dragon Rage.

I agree this is not the class rune idea everyone wanted, or the game needed. I guess this is, to a degree, of our own making though. JChan posted that message last week saying how they were going to concentrate on fixing the things we've been complaining so hard about, and I guess that means things like this have been tossed back in with little effort, because they're now focussed on other things.

Maybe we just ride out the rest of this xpac and see where we are when we're beta testing the next one? I hope, as a gesture of good will, they open up beta testing for all current members, not just for pre-orders. I think after the mess they made of this xpac, if they're confident they've got it right for the next one, they should do this to restore some faith.
    Snikkety likes this.
  6. Beee Well-Known Member

DVINA likes this.
  7. CSP84 Well-Known Member

Comparing Assassins Class Rune (Increased Reuse Assassinate) to the Ranger (Combat Miti Debuff) illustrates that the Dev(s) aren't even willing to do a proper class balance.
    Rangers cant wait to be smoked by Monks in 2020 like in 2019 !!!
    Beee and Mermut like this.
  8. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Why do we have these runes back? Such a joke after Kander's words about balancing issues, too powerful items and set bonuses...

Seriously, can you even keep your own word?

And btw, every new etherial item is a trash: no flurry on the belt and cloak, no ability mode to reforge from it into dps mode on the rest. Not to mention the usual "I do not know the mechanic of my own game" stats patterns on the items: wdb plus spell skills, cast speed plus offensive skills and so on.

I have ignored the last summer event because the rewards were useless for me, And here we go again. Well, at least I'll have time to play something else.
    Jrox likes this.
  9. Dilon Active Member

It's been obvious from the moment they disabled orange runes that they would eventually roll out the class runes again as red adornments.

Take something away and make the player earn it again, and call it new content.

This is what EQ2 is now, and it's not changing.
  10. Sadus Member

i don't understand how you can come to the conclusion that adopting the effects from previous years would reflect new content. Not to mention that the effects are not balanced in any way. Why were the players' statements completely ignored? Apparently, you don't care what your customers think about it. There's no other way to explain this decision. When it comes to taking money out of the players' pockets, you are always so innovative. If you don't want to make the slightest effort, then just let it go.
  11. Corran Member

Assassins will now back to doing triple everyone else's dps ... followed by monks and other fighters and then illy
  12. Revanu Well-Known Member

Lol let’s see how long it takes to lock the thread
    Beee and Breanna like this.
  13. RigglyBiggly New Member

14. Noobless Member

i sincerely hope the class runes are just places holders and will be adjusted in the coming week, like dirge for instance does not mention that it will effect peel of battle the BoL replacement for COB which lowers its usefulness even more so, this just going to add further inbalances between class's its like the dev's dont actually listen to our complaints
    Moonfyre and Beee like this.
  15. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Dev 1: So er, people complaining that the raid mobs were balanced to the food buff exploit, and now we've done something about that they say some fights will be impossible.
    Dev Boss: Did we really do that? Wow. Hmm, maybe we ought to do something, suggestions anybody?
    Dev 2: Well, we could look at re-balancing the raid encounters?
    Dev Boss: Too much work. Next?
    Dev 1: Oh, how about new class runes? We could redesign them to fit the current game meta.
    Dev Boss: ..... you guys aren't getting it are you?
    Both together: Just chuck the old runes back in with slightly improved stats?
    Dev Boss: There you go *puts feet up and lights a cigar*.
    Jrox likes this.
  16. Revanu Well-Known Member

For what it’s worth, rangers are getting smoked by monks now. So what’s it matter, past present or future. Even when makeshift Was insanely overpowered and broken monks still had upper hand.
    Breanna, Priority and CSP84 like this.
  17. Beee Well-Known Member

Hopefully - really hopefully Daybreak reworks the effects within the next days or cancles the idea complete
  18. Melt Actually plays the game

Despite the reforging stats sucking on the items, they're gonna go up to nearly 11k potency before infusions. That's gonna be kinda rough to give up on 3 pieces.
  19. Revanu Well-Known Member

I beg to differ, the 3 best items have no reuse or dps mod, reforge the cb and boom. Problem solved. Sure it isn’t as high an exchange as ab mod swap but saying they suck for reforge is entirely false.
    Breanna and Jrox like this.
  20. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

No it's not. Do you have that much cb to reforge it out on 3 items? I do not believe it. Unless your cb cap is very low. Or you are fully infused with some cash infusers (though I have no idea if it's possible)

In any case, an inquisitor does not need potency; and cloak, belt, neck without flurry are useless. So, good luck with the event.
    Snikkety likes this.