Binding to the Dark (Scepter of Shadows) data

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Altho, May 25, 2020.

1. Altho Well-Known Member

I don't think there is a thread for this yet? So I'm posting one now in hopes to collect data, has anyone found updates for this after getting the quest? So far I have seen them drop in Maidens & Vaults, have heard people got them in Bizarre, also from shadow harvesting. All heroics so far no word on solos.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

I've seen several drop off regular and challenge raid names.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Altho Well-Known Member

But has anyone found any updates beyond the starter?
  4. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Seems broken at the moment, once you loot one and start the quest, you can not get another...
    Mermut likes this.
  5. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

A raid friend says they can drop on any name in Heroic instances too.
  7. AOE1 Well-Known Member

I have yet to see a starter drop. Not sure I would recognize it if it did.
  8. Suedoenimm Member

There are 10 items to collect for the quest. Any one of the items act as a quest starter when examined in your bag. I have seen the items dropped from raid mobs and from heroic mobs thus far.
  9. Moss Well-Known Member

There are confirmed drops for all shards in heroics, and also for all shards in raids.

Almost all shards have been identified on 2 heroics specific boss and 2 raid specific boss. Except a very few for which only one drop is confirmed in heroic and/or in raid. But the drop rates are so low, even in challenge, that players may just be unlucky (or some loot table have not been updated corectly)

I believe the pattern is 2 specific heroic boss and 2 raid boss drop per shards. Until the discovery is done you may have to wait for people to publicly share their information.

At the begining there was some rumors of harvest/solo drops but I was never able to get any proof from reliable source, so it is most probably false.
  10. CSP84 Well-Known Member

Technically it is eleven drops you need, 10 shards an the container (Luclinit Coffer). This item is rewarded in Mission crates, but be aware if you get the coffer before you have collected all 10 shards it will go "poof".

Maybe Dreamweaver or a Dev can clear something for me. "Binding in the Dark" is based on the original EQ1 Access and Key Quest for Vex Thal. If this is the case do we need the clicky Raid Damage /Debuff before next expansion ?
  11. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Has anyone actually collected all the shards yet? And has anyone collected all shards AND had the coffer drop prior to collecting all the shards, and can confirm it doesn't update your quest once you get to that step?
    I have been a bit slack and I've only got a couple of shards, but I have had the coffer from a weekly. So I'm still holding out hope that once I'm on that step, the game will remember I've already had it.
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

All of the shards and where they drop in solo, heroic and raid instances (according to crowdsourced info from EQ2U) are detailed on the wiki's Binding to the Dark page.

It would be nice to have all the possible mobs/instances noted there.
    Breanna likes this.
  13. CSP84 Well-Known Member

I had one shard when the i got the coffer as a Event Weekly Reward and it went poof.
  14. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Yes, same. But I like I said, I'm hoping the game remembers you've got it. I'll be pleasantly surprised if it does!
  15. CSP84 Well-Known Member

As per Gninja in Discord yesterday. The Luclinite Coffer will be back once the quest, as in collecting all 10 Shards, is finished. Also the item will be visible on a merchant.
    Tanto likes this.
  16. Adler Member

I would like to know if they drop in Solo or harvesting (Shadow or normal)... Now don't say they do because you read in text! i want to know if someone actually got one in solo/harvesting? Its nice they drop off Raid and Heroic but again there are some that don't Raid/Heroics. I am on 114 Bounty pages and not one dropped in solo for me and i do shadow/normal harvesting and haven't seen any either! I just don't want to keep searching for this quest when i can be doing other stuff like watching paint dry. I did buy one shard off a heroic group already so i started the quest already thinking it would kick in for the solos but nothing.
  17. Bludd Well-Known Member

i dont think any shards drop in solo or in harvesting
    or if they do, they are SUPER DUPER RARE
  18. Sowy Active Member

Worldwide Disco occurred today by Dizzturbed on Halls of Fate.
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Sowy Active Member

And the merchant that has it is in the tradeskill instance at Seru. Won't be able to see it if you arent ready for it.
    Gninja likes this.
  20. Adler Member

Im on it and nothing on merchant that i see... which merchant you speak of that has it? i checked all of them in instance