Devs stance On Botting? Segregate botters!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Stories Of Old, Mar 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

You almost guessed solution to problem. Only not to server, but to in public lists. A kind of board of shame. A special section on the forum is needed. In which statistics on use of bots. On which servers, at what time, what were their nicknames. All these should be proven cases. Do you see such statistics? I don't see. Also, I don’t remember ever seeing in game that someone’s characters were bots. The only thing I saw was that when I played with boxes someone stopped and, suspecting my characters allegedly bots', explore their behavior very carefully. Moreover, for a long time I did same thing, as if on a schedule and on the same route. Then I was bored with this close examination of my characters and I switched to other activities. Have you ever worked behind conveyor belt like robot? When for many hours do you have to do same thing at equal time intervals? In many MMORPGs this is repeating practice for many years and this is done manually when player himself is like an automaton. He simply automates his own motor skills, as it were, to save his energies and time. It's boring and long. But he is motivated by a desire to get a result. And from side of his characters can therefore be perceived as bots. And since DBG does not publish statistics on the use of bots for us (does DBG generally recognize their existence on its servers?), Then I am inclined to think that if not all, then the majority of cases when someone pointed to bots were situations when someone began to suspect those who play with boxes (or even one character but with the same behavior as bots) in using what is prohibited. They wrote petitions, but DBG left them unanswered. Why be surprised? They looked, didn't find any violations and simply didn't consider it need to answer this. And why should they spend their time answering non-existent problems? It was that I wrote petitions to which there were no answers (not about bots). And then I realized that there was no problem and therefore there were no answers. How many such petitions were there? And how much time would you have to spend responding to something that does not matter, distracting yourself from real and needed things? Things seem to have gone so far that now, and for more than one year, there has been some mass psychosis in relation to those who allegedly use bots. I watched this forum lot, but didn't see any evidence. Only reason I allow this problem to exist is that I want to believe what others write here. Although it's not right to believe allegations without evidence. One person wrote once what seemed to me to look like evidence. But then I was mistaken - because if you ponder, an ordinary player can have this behavior.. So you need statistics provided by DBG, and differently there is nothing to discuss.. Now imagine that those whom you suspect don't understand what you are speaking if You tell them. At all. Also, they may not really understand what you are doing, your motivation in game, if they are watching you. Imagine that they have other perception of world of this game. It seems to me that if DBG, for example, instead of pulling server that was left aloned and known to everyone (in old part of world) launches another TLE (if you think that it's more popular with, sorry, mythical lovers of bot's) but with provision and support of language localizations (at least for chinese and spanish) most of those about whom you think that they don't play but this do their bots will move there. Because I suspect (yes, and I, like many not without suspicion) that most of them are not englishspeaking.. DBG can motivate them all to switch to a server that is more convenient for them (also for this you don't need to making language localizations for existing servers. It unneedly. If otherwise - they won’t leave), since it does not have ability to send them to Drunder area, since they are not violators but, on contrary, are also those who bring some profit to them. And it seems that they bring it - some profit, because mostly those who play on TLE and also those whose characters on Live 110 - 120 levels write about them.
    SolarFaire likes this.
  2. Stories Of Old New Member

Last night I emailed customer service and there is hope.

Game Master Serl (Daybreak Games)
    Mar 13, 10:49 AM PDT
    Greetings Traveler,

First, we would like to thank you for reporting this suspected violation of Community Standards, and for helping us to enforce our Terms of Service and Code of Conduct.

Secondly, we can assure you that this situation will be investigated. If is determined that there is indeed a violation of our policies, and one which requires administrative action to be taken, it will be addressed appropriately.

As with all cases of inappropriate behavior, we cannot give out information regarding the actions taken against another player's account. This information is considered to be private information and will not be discussed with anybody but the owner of the account as per our Privacy Policy.

You can find all of our policies, relating to players "botting", in the Rules of Conduct below. Thank you.
    SolarFaire and Cyrrena like this.
  3. Argosunited Well-Known Member

You'll find they're boxers and not botters. Do you honestly think EQ2 is in any sort of place to have botters? What on earth do you think they'd be after?
    I'm going to guess maybe selling plat is still a thing, but if that's what they were after they'd be on live and free to play. Not on TLE where plat is hard to get, and a sub is a must.

Just get over it. They're boxers, they pay a sub (around 6 which is more subs than you), and they have just as much right to be in zones as you do.
    SolarFaire, Cyrrena and Laita like this.
  4. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

If you think bots are outnumbered on any significant enough margin to eliminate 1/2 the revenue from kaladim you are mistaken.
    SolarFaire and Cyrrena like this.
  5. Ashandra Well-Known Member

They could stop Botting any time they want they simply choose not to it’s been like it for years now there has been multiple threads like this one that also have come to nothing.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Roadkillusa Active Member

Or they have checked into it and found the people were boxing and within the guidelines......
  7. Stories Of Old New Member

Wrong botter, it's against the rules. You are obviously a botter yourself. They are coming for you hahah! These people are obviously botting. If you have 5 toons on autofollow all casting at the same time that is not boxing.
    Siren likes this.
  8. Stories Of Old New Member

You must be very bad at math. Or blind to the real player base... Normal players are sick of it. So **** botter.
  9. Ashandra Well-Known Member

I am not talking about boxing why are you so defensive about that?
    ok they can pick up the innerspace extension plus the other stuff running any time they want. An example is a while back they sent a temp ban to players that Botted on every server the day of a time locked server opening it was followed by a sry the ban was meant for the people using bots on the event server only a few days later the the reg server guys that where unlucky enough to be on the time of the reading were back in business . The teams I see doing have been going for years I don't see in the rules where people are compelled to report so long as they don't over do things they are left alone that is how it is.
  10. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I pay for my one sub with plat, little chance I'd pay for six.

But, it's obvious to me you're a cry baby. Boxing is within the rules, always has been. Get over it.
    SolarFaire likes this.
  11. Stories Of Old New Member

It's obvious to me your a moron. I have said botting over and over never boxing, can you read? These people dragging around full groups on auto follow all casting at the same time are using botting programs. You must be special...
  12. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I'm a moron and a botter? Wow, I must be busy.

Botters on TLE ... just lol. You sir are a comedian.
  13. Bentenn Well-Known Member

They ban them.. trust me I know.. more so they did it on kaladim when it was new...live they still ban as well...so they do ban
  14. Seth Well-Known Member

lol they dont ban them mate..
  15. Bentenn Well-Known Member

myself and a friend have 16 accounts that say otherwise...
  16. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

This thread spun out fairly quickly. I am going to lock while I review.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.