Devs stance On Botting? Segregate botters!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Stories Of Old, Mar 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stories Of Old New Member

Since when has botting been ok In Norrath? Back in the good ole days SOE would ban players for botting especially if they were doing it in a contested zone. I play on Kaladim which is currently overrun with botters. Castle mistmoore is a ******* joke right now. Being cleared by 2-4 botting groups at any given time leaving almost no names for regular players. Good job dark paw your letting like 3 people hog the content of an entire server...

Botters should be segregated to their own server
    SolarFaire, Ashandra and Cyrrena like this.
  2. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

I think they used to be able to detect when people were using third party tools like the one that rhymes with "Piss Rocks." With the reduction in staff and other changes, perhaps this sort of thing has fallen off their radar. I'd definitely try and get folks to come here and show how it's keeping them from being able to access content and impacting their game, and perhaps bring it up in Discord as well.

G'luck, and I hope you get your content back soon!
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Just /petition and report them. Do it repeatedly if you need to.

But understand that there is a difference between botting, in which a third party tool automates the behavior of some or all of the group, versus boxing, in which one live human is mashing the buttons. If there's nothing that shows that this is automation, then you are SOL.

When the last PVP server was in operation, DBG was definitely scanning for botting software and was draconian in banning people, so yeah, they can do it.

In a contested zone, however, know that whoever hits it first gets it. It's called "contested" for a reason. If you need those mobs for a quest, you send the people a /tell and ask them to either invite you to their group so you can get your quest steps done, or ask them to let you have the next pop. If they refuse or are abusive, you can /petition them as toxic players who are blocking you from legitimate content. But if what you want is just to farm names, you better get there and hit it first if you want it.
  4. Roadkillusa Active Member

Are you sure they are boting or multi boxing? I have multi boxed in the past and been accused of boting. Truth is you dont know. All you can do is send a report in.
    SolarFaire, Laita and Cyrrena like this.
  5. Vunder Well-Known Member

I don't care what anyone says.

These groups are full groups, they all cast as the exact same time and move the exact same way.

You cannot do this without software. It is botting. You can tell.

However, they allow full bot raids on IoR so I wouldn't see why they would enforce it now.

The Turtle Raid, full 24 bot team on IoR, you have Thor's bot army that has been reported many times to no avail. So bot your heart out, they honestly do not care. That is 6-24 paying accounts for these servers.
    SolarFaire and Cyrrena like this.
  6. Stories Of Old New Member

I have reported them, they are even talking in chat now openly defending botting. It is getting out of hand. If day break wants to allow it fine but segregate them on their own botting server. It ruins the game community from them selling power leveling so that there is less lower level groups to completely hogging castle mistmoore which is one of the only things to do...
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If they are openly boasting, use /report, then you ALSO have to do a /petition.

I recommend opening your logfile and cutting and pasting the chat segment where they were boasting and paste it into the /petition description area.
  8. DrunderRulez New Member

Botters got their own server, it's called Drunder. And most of real botters are there because they can do whatever they want, it's legal there. But what I see on other servers is people using boxing software and using follow command. That will look like botting but it is not technically. It uses third party software and a lot of macros, but it is still legal as far as I know.
    Usually they will accept you in the contested zones as another group in their raid, just ask for it. And by the way, it will be easier for you to get all the named you need.
    SolarFaire likes this.
  9. Tupperbeast Active Member

According to Kander, all banned accounts should be sent to Drunder, as far as bot playing is concerned, little is being done on the part of Daybreak. Take a look at the servers Sykfire Madjul like Thurgadin has quite a few bot players like the expansion server, according to the rules it is illegal but despite all these guidelines are not complied with by the company itself. The reports have gone massively white despite everything, the players continue to play on the server, it is simply a useless waste to make a report about this. Which system is used there is also known that 3rd party software you just have to take action like Blizzard, but that would have other reasons why it is not done.

We fair players have to accept that there are people who can only play like this and can take advantage of a game because otherwise they would have no idea about playing.

SolarFaire likes this.
  10. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Are they botting or boxing? If they're boxing nothing will be done about it.
    SolarFaire likes this.
  11. Eyenea_911 New Member

Sounds like you are angry the person that pays for 2-6 accounts to raid, beat you to a named.....Cry me a river, its happend to me 10000 times over 18 years! Get over yourself...Using /follow macro is super easy...You should try it..
    SolarFaire and Golum like this.
  12. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

If they're disrupting your gameplay, report it.

If they're not getting in your way, and are sticking to instances and whatever, leave them to it. Bare in mind they are effectively providing DPG with equivalent of 6 peoples cash and helping fund the game.

DBG can instantly detect anybody botting, that is no secret, but why would they remove a large income source as long as it's not ruining experience for others.
    Bobthebuilder89 and SolarFaire like this.
  13. Roadkillusa Active Member

Unless you have the software and the tools the DEVs do you simply do not know if someone is boting or multiboxing. You can assume they are but that does not make it so. The reason why they are not getting band when reported may very well be that DB has looked in to it and found out they are within the guidelines. You may not like it but that is how it is.
    Bobthebuilder89 and SolarFaire like this.
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

They scan your local machine for the forbidden software.
    Grrrrrl and SolarFaire like this.
  15. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

The developers currently have the ability to see anyone who opens the game with innerspace, put all the accounts into an email, and ship them off to Customer Service to be banned.

We tested this on Nagafen season 1, we logged into a burner account for fun, attempted any form of ISX etc, and got banned on any account we tested it on.

Now what I can tell you is Bots are disabled on key contested mobs thanks to the wonderful creators of shrek. However using a true multiboxing situation in which it's firing keys across multiple clients and using the ideas of auto clicking in mass macros still works. But know you can't truly "bot" contested raid mobs.

If you get bored in Castle Mistmoore, take a mob/pet and name it 'Mayong Mistmoore' or any of the Cube Mobs, or Mutagenic Outcast etc. Run it nearby and put it into combat near botters, and the bots just simply stop working.

Why?

Because bots are disabled, now that you know how to stop the botters in your wake, or simply train them.

Why is botting allowed? Well lets see, on Kaladim alone and people in my guild/i'm friends with have a cumulative of about 400 accounts they are currently keeping up subscriptions on. Not to mention they're putting appearance gear on these toons, buying pots, LoN items, etc.

It's also the only reason Kaladim has any tradeskill fodder at all. Krono's go down by 10% every time one of the king bots takes a vacation.
    SolarFaire likes this.
  16. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

nice idea [IMG]
    SolarFaire likes this.
  17. Stories Of Old New Member

If this is true why aren't the banning all the botters on Kaladim server? I have been reporting them for months, yet the game is still full of them. Again it has come to the point where they are bragging about it in chat.
    SolarFaire likes this.
  18. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Bots bring in revenue.

There are more bots raiding content on Kaladim than the actual raiding community right now.
    SolarFaire likes this.
  19. Stories Of Old New Member

Was just in CMM again tonight with a normal group, it was constantly being cleared by 3 + full botting groups. Names of the characters dragging the botters were Amea who also sells powerlevels, Bloood, and Pipu all these accounts are on the Kaladim server.

I WANT DARK PAWS RESPONSE ON BOTTING
    SolarFaire likes this.
  20. Stories Of Old New Member

they don't bring in as much revenue as normal players as they are far outnumbered. Normal players are getting fed up with it and will leave the game.
    SolarFaire likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.