Conji DPS tips

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Twofeets, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Twofeets Active Member

Are there any good (current) conji guides, or can someone post some good DPS tips for a new conji? I know gear gear gear, stats stats stats, but any advice on casting order? Which spells give the most bang for the buck? Which ascension class seems to pay off the most?

Thanks!
  2. Beee Well-Known Member

Dont spend money in a broken summoner mechanic

For large DPS dont play a conjurer in BoL. A beastlord/scout or almost every other non summonerclass can do more DPS with the same stats.

A conjurer is just a mitigation buff bot.
  3. Twofeets Active Member

lol, thanks Beee. It's not for me though, its for my son. My conji has been retired for years.

I'm just trying to help him at least get to the point where he's not blacklisted from groups. Sure, his stoneskin, mitigation, etc is nice, (very nice when Im tanking), but he's trying to optimize his dps even if its not uber.
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If you search the forums, there have been a couple of Excel spread sheets posted that allow you to evaluate your spells for efficiency. The ones I can find easily on a search are for sorcerors, but it's easy enough to see what it's doing and put in your own spells for a conjy or any other DPS class, for that matter.

Cast order is highly dependent on what quality your spells are, what AA you have, and how you are geared, so you pretty much have to do the math (or let Excel do it for you) to figure out cast order. There's not a one-size fits-all solution.
    Momo likes this.
  5. Goezer Master of Crayons

Twofeets if ya have discord, welcome to hit me up, or shoot me a tell on Maj *goezer* I'll do my best to assist you. Beee is grumpy most of the time. (<3 you beee)
    Momo likes this.
  6. Anunnaki Active Member

Excuse me if something has changed recently, I've taken some time off from the game. The problem with spreadsheets for Summoners is that it's hard to gauge what pet spells and what dumbfires do. And last time I played those were far and away the best Conji spells. You can pull ACT data but that reflects more on what you cast more than what's most efficient.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I just use ACT and a bunch of Epic guildhall dummies to test each pet to get at least a rough idea. Casting the same pet over and over and over.
  8. SacDaddy420 Active Member

You are excused, however your class has been thrown down, to the ground.

Blame acknar
  9. Ashandra Well-Known Member

There aren’t any good dps tips for Conj unfortunately other then get your dps stat up high which isn’t really Mage. Doesn’t really matter what you press its not going to grossly effect your parse . Our class defining abilities are poor at best these days and the pet does substantially less damage to one 10 levels below it my advice if you want to play a dps class and haven’t invested in Conj already is play some thing else.
  10. Thand Well-Known Member

spec into melee Dps multi accuracy and strikethough. atm Melee is a conjuror's number 1 dps ability
  11. RigglyBiggly New Member

I am longtime Conjuror. I took several xpacs off, but I have been back for 3 months now. Shockingly, the Planeswalker seeming is still the top dog in DPS. You will want to Spec AA. Casting Speed and Reuse are all capped at 100%, so more is useless. Reforge AB Mod into DPS skill amd watch your DPS soar. I am still only doing about half the DPS of our Raid BL though. It was be curious to see what changes occur.
  12. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

13. Occam Well-Known Member

14. Dotuming Active Member

First off take anything this person says about DPS tips for conjies and completely disregard it.

Secondly, do not use a cast order....ever.

The biggest dps boost you can get is to spend some time and actually know your spells and what they do. Then do the same thing with your AA's.

If you need a hand figuring some of this out, let me know.

I didn't do nuffin!!!

LTNS Sac!
  15. SacDaddy420 Active Member

you have to be one of my favorite people that I met playing this game.
  16. Sious Member

Rumor is that some mobs have castingspeed and reuse mitigation so i'm going for 200%
  17. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Its not a rumour its a fact.
  18. Beee Well-Known Member

If you compare a beastlord / ranger with same dps/fervor/cb to a conjurer you will get 2 or 5 times the dps of a conjurer.
    So a conjurer is really a good mitigation buff bot in this expansion

But hoping for a change of petcasters in the next weeks
  19. Twisty Well-Known Member

really - can u factualize these facts with a buff package screenshot or other evidence that leads you to believe these facts are factual
  20. Occam Well-Known Member

Knowing what your spells do and using a cast order are not mutually exclusive concepts.

The key is not using a STRICT casting order, but rather knowing which spells should always be cast when they're up, and which should only be used in a lull between those better spells.

This equates to a casting order which is flexible enough that you can change things up on the fly to accommodate whatever situation arises.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.