Conji DPS tips

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Twofeets, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Exactly. Warlocks have to react situationally depending on whether they have a single target or group target.

Conjurors also have a bunch of AOEs, and it might make more sense to whallop a group of trash in, say, a solo with an AOE. However, Earthquake can only be cast every 20 seconds whereas Crystal Blast refreshes after 3 seconds. So although it doesn't hit for as much, when you take into consideration how often you can cast it, it comes out to be close to the top of your casting order most of the time.

Also, knowing the efficiency of spells helps you know when a spell isn't even worth casting... Petrify is one of the conjy spells that takes way more time to cast than the results are worth, for example. Sometimes your profession spells will work better than Ascensions, because Ascensions can be slow to cast. But how you are geared and your AA makes a difference, as does spell quality (Apprentice, Journeyman, Expert, etc.).

In BoL, we're discovering that it may be better to use a 111+ Adept or Expert than an older version that is Master or better, because the mobs have a better chance to outright resist the older spells. Again, it's something you have to take into account.
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Goezer Master of Crayons

OK lemme chime in here, EVERY class is situational, yes, you need to know what spells are AE, AoE, which benefit from linked encounter vs not.. which are ranged which are not.. I never have a set casting order, never will it's always on the fly adjusting to what's up, available and ready. Crystal blast for instance, the dmg of it is Meh.. UNLESS you wait for the trigger (YOU feel energized by crystalline destruction) then you get the BIG second hit. So yes it's up every 3 seconds but you are utterly wasting it if you cast before the trigger (Which happens a hell of a lot) Ice storm and Shattered Earth- LINKED ENCOUNTERS. Again till they are adjusted they aren't all that great. Thurg det (AA) and Earthquake are AE dmg, 9m Range, They can be fairly decent. Unda, that's our big one currently HOWEVER, Requires 19m range for max hit (It's better than it was last xpac) 8 targets max. Our swarm pets are mostly ST, I think Roaring flames is/was AE at one point but i could be wrong. I've been a conji for the better part of 3 years now and counting. If you have questions Ask, i can get you answers and best way to break things down. As for efficiency.. It's one of the more challenging classes to nail down because of our swarms (Same with necros). Hopefully that clears things up a bit.
    Teletrium likes this.
  3. Teletrium New Member

Seems to me for conjuror abilities the most reliable class ability is soulburn ….watch pets health when it drops be ready to heal servant cause may get a double hit on it. Swarm pets this expansion are not reliable at all ,and besides planeswalker most other spells are filler till ascensions come back up. Elemental blast can be good at times but is not reliable at all....we can press the button and hope. As for ae or aoe no one ever who plays a conjuror said we were an aoe dps class
    Goezer likes this.
  4. Goezer Master of Crayons

5. Teletrium New Member

6. Anunnaki Active Member

Roaring Flames is a targeted AE. Meaning it's range hits around the mob it was cast on. Communion (the spell itself, not the swarm part) is a Linked Encounter spell (important for procs and stuffs, but also *should* affect how the swarms behave if they get cast on a mob that dies, but alas, this is still broken and likely always will be.) The swarms of Communion have 2 ST attacks, and 1 AE attack - Fiery Sorcerers Flames of Destruction. There are AE procs too if you are spec'd a certain way. Unda is an AE technically, but it splits the damage evenly. So it doesn't matter if it hits 1 mob or 8 mobs, the damage is the same (in theory, each mob will mitigate differently and they'll all be at different ranges. This makes it more powerful as a ST attack since you can control the variables.)

Soulburn has never been able to doublecast. I'm not sure if this has changed with the "ability doublecast" mechanic they've used to replaced spell doublecast, so I can't say for sure this is still the case. The way the spell is written, and how it has always worked, is that it also can't doublecast because the pet doesnt have any health left to deal damage. Doublecasts are processed instantly, you wouldnt be able to heal through that mechanic, even if that is how it worked.

I can see why the class has fallen to s***. No one even knows how they work anymore.
  7. Teletrium New Member

Not sure what your saying I've seen it with my own eyes it's not an instant double cast waits a few ticks but is for sure double hitting. I can post a breakdown when I get home. Perhaps You can teach us how to play our conjurors well?
  8. Goezer Master of Crayons

As I had stated there was a few things I had heard but never really dug into much. Logs can easily show how things double cast. But by all means enlighten us to your wisdom. Being there are several of us around even in our current state who can make the class shine without a doubt and do quite well tho we supposedly dont know how they work.
    Teletrium likes this.
  9. Anunnaki Active Member

Like I said, it's been a few xpacs since I've played. It never was a thing in the past, but if it is now, that is good for the class.

For the rest of your post: read back through this thread, no one knows how this class works anymore, straight up. There is more to the class than pet spells and autoattack.
  10. Goezer Master of Crayons

Better phrasing would be *WAS*. Pets (swarms and class) have been a vast majority of our dps for last few years. Elemental blast was until changes, sunburn again is fairly reliable. Rest of our spells currently not so much even if you max them out they arent adding up to much of anything.
    Teletrium and Beee like this.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Listen to Goezer, he's a beast, even if he won't talk in chat.
  12. Teletrium New Member

13. Anunnaki Active Member

Wow, that is fantastic. I remember trying to get that changed for years. Glad to see that they have been doing work on the class.
    Teletrium likes this.
  14. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Hmm, not bothering with conji is now dead types of declarations....

You could

1. Use a crossbow and the best arrows you can get.

2. Even as a mage, reforge into DPS and multi attack, plus accuracy and strikethrough, just as the scouts do.

3. Use snacks such as Jaffa to buff physical attack skills.

4. Does conji have a physical attack pet? If so, use it. I play necro so there's a scout pet. Not sure about conji.

5. Use the tips many have asked for and received about buffing potency and crit bonus with injectors and other temporary adorns.

6. Do all the dropped item quests and follow a train that's doing the landscape nameds to get cloak and achievements that give 165 gear.

7. Use a two-hander, the adorns for it are better and the infusion is better since it starts higher.

8. Infuse everything, even the starter gear. Infuse is no longer an optional thing.

9. When they fix the Fount buff (it's broken in CD and PoP right now), do the CD side questlines from the library for a fervor buff adorn. Consider grouping for the Heroics in CD to get another fervor adorn.

10. Use Claz'akala (sorry if I misspelled it) merc, or another one that gives melee buff, he's not even max trained yet and he's giving me 100 CB+, even when he's not up. Log in one of your characters and Heartbound with his, keep them logged in and just click it when you can, for the bonus Fervor.

11. Use Geomancer if you want lots of fervor buffs, or Etherealist if you have a lot of instant cast spells (Ethermancy, wait 10 sec at least, then Touch of Magic, Feedback Loop, then every Instant Cast spell you have, Ethereal assassin if you have only a few).

I don't know that it will help, or if you've tried these already.

However, this summer, don't miss out on summer ethereals or tinkerfest, because that's when he can catch up with people. Check out the ethereal vendor in Myrist and see the kinds of buffs you can get this summer, but of course, they'll be in preparation for the next expac, so hopefully even nicer.
  15. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I have screenshots of the debuffs in BoL solo's, yes this is a fact, or it was before the curses were removed. I'll have to take new screenshots to be sure they are still in operation. I expect they are. In solo it's a 50% debuff or something ridiculous like 5000%. Hover over your detriments and press PrnScn, repeat in each zone on each mob that gives you dots. Should've been the first thing you did every expac.
  16. Twisty Well-Known Member

what was said,
    Rumor is that some mobs have castingspeed and reuse mitigation so i'm going for 200%

mitigation != dets

dets get cured, not reforged to compensate
  17. Twisty Well-Known Member

testing things before suggesting things avoids poopsie things :)

while true at incarnation, around the same time that soulburn started double-casting in this weird delayed way, dmg no longer depends on pet's current health. just max health. so healing pet, especially in raid, is awfully wasted dps potential. there are no current raid encounters that damage-shield pet to dead from soulburn range with any consistency that would warrant wasting ur time with healing. there are a couple of heroic encounters that can do that with some consistency with slow healers, but it's better to consumption / whatever conj death-prevent pre-pull for those if you must. and in worst-worst case scenario, pet re-summon is instant

double-cast / dont-heal thing isn't a recent thing. was at least since PoP, may be mid xpac prior
    Beee likes this.
  18. Teletrium New Member

guess you might be right that pet doesn't need healed never dived into that part of it just visually it looks like it would matter lol , and during raid I never heal it and don't waste any dps potential. It's funny though that you'd take the time to rip a fellow conjuror trying to give advice here on the forums. :)
  19. Beee Well-Known Member

simply no - use Planeswalker/Reaper they jus do more dps than any other BoL primary pet

But even this does not help to catch up to a equal equiped beastlord or other non petcaster

With support (eg Jesters) conjurers can do dps, but even if 20% of the dps is from jesters it's much less than other classes can do.

But conjureres are the best mitigation buff bots in the game :cool:

Hopefully they change somthing in the pet class mechanic to make conjureres/necromancers more usefull
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  20. Twisty Well-Known Member

shrug don't take it too personally, think of it more as tough love, at least from me; things are more easily remembered this way. you gave really bad summoner advice - bat signal went out. glad at least personally you weren't following your bad advice, but all the childrens that would follow that without testing for themselves needed a hero to swoop in.

it's ok to be wrong, but testing before posting as a de-facto practice that i hope grafts on a grand scheme, not just with you, will carry us to a brighter tomorrow. it's all for the childrens. shake it off