Rest in Peace Aradune

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Lenore New Member

Rest in peace, oh Great One. Sign me up for wanting to see an NPC in Obol, or a memorial in his character's starting city. Or both, in both EQ and EQ2, since both are his babies. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. He has touched so many lives in a way he probably never fathomed. As for breaking game immersion protocol, there is a way to word it without getting all real life-y. "In memory of Aradune. Visionary, Storyteller, Pioneer."
    Karamella, Rhodris, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  2. Febrith Well-Known Member

Very sad to hear this news - so young and so talented - his ideas and creativity live on.
  3. Lunablanco Active Member

A sad day for us all, may Aradune's legacy live on.
  4. Cuelaen Well-Known Member

I am so grateful to him for giving us all this amazing Universe to "live" in. Everquest has brought so much happiness to my life, and provided me with a creative and relaxing outlet that I have never found anywhere else. I never had the privilege to meet him in person, or in game, but from the comments of folks who have, he sounds like he was a great guy. My heart goes out to his family. Such a loss for our Community.
  5. Skeezie/Micki New Member

Walk softly Brad, catch you on the flip side.
  6. Satara Member

So sad about this terrible news.
    Rest in peace and thanks thanks thanks for the world you've created. You have helped me more then you can imagine.
    Condolences to the family :( :(
  7. Asarianna New Member

Rest in peace my friend. Thank you for what you`ve dont for us
  8. Darcinta New Member

Rest in Peace. I had never played a video game until I was introduced to Everquest in 2000. You will be missed.
  9. Mellenkamp New Member

May he be everquesting in his eternal resting place.
  10. Jonah Hexx New Member

11. Eragahn Member

Rest in Peace, Brad. Though I primarily play EQ2 now, I started playing EQ in early 2000. I was known as Staffros, a dark elf necromancer on Rallos Zek pvp server then (2000 - 2006). Through the years of play, hiatuses, and trying other games; his game is the one that started it all for me. I was not a person that cared much for video games when I first started, but his creation (the world of Norrath) I fell immensely into.

Prayers for his family and friends for their loss during this time.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I initially began my MMORPG'ing in Everquest 1 as well (briefly), then moved on to games like WoW and City of Heroes. Then my EQ/RL buds talked me into trying Everquest 2, and while I have gone on hiatus now and again (didn't stop keeping up my account, though), I've always come back here after disappointments in other worlds.

Thanks, Brad, for some glorious stability in my life! :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Karamella and Breanna like this.
  13. seneth Active Member

I was introduced to Everquest and played it for about 3 yrs and then pre-ordered EQ2. I was hooked and have been here since. This game saved my sanity at times, when I was so upset by something that happened at work that day.. I came home and went to my other world that Brad, with his genius, had made for all of us. My kids would say, Are you raiding tonight Mom, if not come eat supper with us. LOL. I have no idea how he created all this, that kind of genius does not come along everyday.
    He was special and will be missed by many people. To his family, please know he was special in so many ways, and is in so many hearts, he is not gone, he will always be with us. Rest well Brad, you are loved by many. I agree with the memorial idea also.
  14. Karamella Well-Known Member

Can't express how sad that news makes me right now. R.I.P. Brad and walk the paths behind the stars forever.
  15. Morlynlafae New Member

Rest in the arms of Tunare, I have renamed my Tunare pet Aradunae in honor of you Sir, when people read her name it says Tunare's Chosen Aradunae. Indeed you have been chosen for the greatest adventure of all, thank you for all you have done! Be Blessed!
  16. Suzze/Barshen/Baratroub Active Member

While nothing in any World last Forever, Some leave us way too Early. My Sincerest Wishes for The Family and friends. May the Next Zone be full of Rewards and The Ability to meet up with your Raid Party that went ahead of you.
  17. Naneel Member

I remember chatting with him on EQ1 back around launch. You could tell that he loved Everquest and it stuck with me.

I even had a couple of screenshots of our exchange for the longest time until my hard drive crapped out years ago. If I recall, his game character was a ranger that wore a distinct set of green armor that wasn't available in game. I remembered it so well that I could almost sketch it out today if I had to.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

There's still a green-ish Appearance Only set of chain mail armor available on the Marketplace; I bought a set back when SOE was donating $10 to the Haiti hurricane/earthquake/tsunami/volcanic eruption/whatever else was hitting those poor sods that year relief fund. I wasn't sure what non-profit to donate to, wasn't sure which one I could trust, when SOE came up with that offer, to donate the full purchase price of the armor to relief funds, and I immediately pounced on it. My first Ranger character still wears it to this day...the Protectors of the Faydark crate. I wonder if it's the same one. :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  19. Loghain New Member

20. abrakadabra New Member

May the Lord grant you an even greater world to play in, thanks for 15 years of majestic make believe