I Am So Fed Up

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Almee, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Almee Well-Known Member

I have spent hours trying to get 4 dragons on two characters just to have them kicked to desktop at the end the fight and lose credit. I am so angry I could spit. Both times I was sent back to an alternate zone because the dragon zone was full. I couldn't port in or use CoV to get back to the fight. Thanks a lot, DB, for turning your "anniversary festival" into a sorry mess for players.
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Amalar The combined salt from all of SOE/DBGs fallen MMOs

Honestly you should stop playing and find a game that does not cause you to complain 24/7
    Its honestly amazing watching you complain so much and yet continue playing...

Please stop for your own good.
    Soara2, Daelini, Kittik and 6 others like this.
  3. Breanna Well-Known Member

This isn't the first time you've been fed up, or the second time, or even the third time. Maybe you should make this your last time of being fed up. You must like the game to some extent to keep coming back after all you've complained about, so if you like it, then just enjoy playing it. If you can't do things, then do the things you like doing in this game and wait a few expansions and go back. Just please stop!
    Soara2, Daelini, Raff and 4 others like this.
  4. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

next time you are back in game and locked out of the zone, just yell for a group invite to the zone you want in...if someone in that zone invites you it allows access back into that zone.
    Soara2, Cyrrena and parissa like this.
  5. Almee Well-Known Member

I'll stop playing, Amalar, as soon as DB refunds the $250 I just paid for two premium xpacs, and $35 for an anniversary pack. Both of the things, I have complained about, happened after I purchased those items. I chalked yesterday's kick to desktop as bad luck. When it happened again today, and I wasn't allowed to rejoin my group again, then it is a programming bug that should never have gone live.

I have played a number of MMOGs, and this is the only one that regularly puts out new content with poor testing. If you have shelled out a lot of money, to play this game, and are willing to put up with all the bugs, then more power to you. You obviously don't have to work hard for your money if you don't care whether you buy a defective product or not.
    Soara2 and Geroblue like this.
  6. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Be willing to bet he/she ^^^ doesn't like Tatertots
    Soara2, Dude, Revanu and 2 others like this.
  7. Rarkevan Active Member

Almee, trying doing those dragons at off-peak times, it'll make all the difference I promise. Or wait a few days till the hype wears off and they are less crowded. they'll be around for almost a month :)

Plenty other fun stuff to do right now as well.
    Almee, Soara2, Spindle and 3 others like this.
  8. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

The dragon event is broken today. It is DBG's fault for allowing too many people in a single instance and not spawning the dragon in the second instance. The OP's post is valid and reflects what a LOT of folks are saying when the instance collapses leaving people without their rewards. TBH, what people are saying in chat is much worse.
    SynnikuL, Almee, Soara2 and 1 other person like this.
  9. Almee Well-Known Member

Pixistik, I was a member of a group, when I was kicked to desktop, and when I returned I was in the alternate zone. I accepted an invite back to the group and was denied entrance to the correct zone. I then ported to the guild house, and tried using a spire portal, and was again denied entrance. I tried multiple times. That happened on both days.

I also found that we can no longer use CoV to join our group fighting puppets as well as the dragons. When I last played, in the Spring, CoV was flaky but it worked more often, for me, than it didn't work.

I haven't really adventured much, since returning to the game, so I wasn't aware that old, important bugs, like CoV, hadn't been fixed yet. Last year, I used it a lot when fighting the puppets.

So far, the Heroes and Dragon quests have been pretty much of a disaster for me on Maj 'Dul. It seems like there are either too many people wanting to fight the same mob or not enough people to kill the mob in the allowed time. We lost one puppet, yesterday, when time ran out just as the puppet was about to die. I spent hours standing around waiting for dragons, my characters needed, to spawn. And once they did spawn I would find the zone locked. After six hours, and only getting one character all 4 dragons, I gave up.

When I tried again, today, it was even worse then yesterday. And there was no need for it. If a dragon spawns in Zone A then it should also spawn in alternate Zone A at the same time. That way everyone has a chance to kill the dragon. Right now, it is like playing the lottery.

But what really boggles my mind is why DB decided to have the Heroes Festival at the same time as the Anniversary Event, the City Festival, and Beta. While Maj 'Dul has enough population to handle a couple of simultaneous events, most servers don't. I can't imagine how they are killing dragons and puppets on the other servers when we couldn't kill one puppet, in time, on Maj 'Dul, due to competing events.

Not only that, but the dragons and puppets aren't synchronized which is why I had to stand around, for hours, trying to get the needed dragons and puppets. While I was fighting one dragon I needed, the last dragon I needed would be up at the same time. The same thing happened with the puppets.

It was really frustrating but maybe I'm in the minority. Perhaps most of the remaining players love chaos and standing around, twiddling their thumbs for an hour, just to have 2 different dragons and 2 different puppets spawn at the same time. Then you have to guess which zone isn't locked and try to zone before it becomes locked.

So, yes, I am frustrated that I will apparently have to squander a lot of time trying to complete the Heroes and Dragon quests. I can't do anything else because I have to constantly read chat to see which dragons and puppets are spawning. It is irritating when I only have a limited amount of time to play and nothing I need spawns during that time. I feel like I just threw that amount of my life down the toilet.
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Geroblue like this.
  10. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

/comfort ^
    Almee, Soara2, Cyrrena and 1 other person like this.
  11. parissa Well-Known Member

Not sure what server you are on... But the dragons were spawning one right after the other with maybe a 10 minute wait in between for the dragon attack ones... But maybe it was because we were killing them one right after the other... No clue... I do know the puppets were spawning at the same time... But I kinda expected that... The dragon attack ones do run for a while longer if that helps with the limited time...
    Almee, Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  12. Juraiya Well-Known Member

There's a way around this. Allow yourself to go to the other instance, then right-click the name of someone in your group who is in the right instance, and it should zone you in, even if the zone is full. "Should" doesn't necessarily mean it always will, though.

I'm seeing the zones full of at least 200 people most of the time, which is supposed to be more than the max allowed, and I'm sure many get there that way. I have several times as well. Usually SOMEONE will invite you, just so you can do that, and you can drop group as soon as you're in.
    Soara2 likes this.
  13. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Actually, the really horrible thing is that on Maj'Dul, every single dragon is spawning at EXACTLY the same time. Several people have tried to work out a rotation where everyone is invited into one zone, then everyone goes to the next, and no one kills the dragons before everyone gets in, but it doesn't always work. Usually you can get two or three of the dragons, but not all four in one go.

It would help if they were not spawning all at the same minute, but even better, if they spawned more FREQUENTLY it would be better. An hour and a half wait between cycles is just ridiculous, when you sometimes only get to kill a single dragon on that cycle. At this rate, even with a month of the event, not everyone will have a chance at what they want, whether it's the achievement or the loot, particularly if someone has limited play time.
    Almee and Soara2 like this.
  14. Rargo Active Member

Move to the Isle of Refuge server. We do not crash zones here and take down Dragons ever 20 min. It's a great server with free trade.
    Soara2 and Pixistik like this.
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Almee has characters on IoR.
    Almee and Soara2 like this.
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I can understand your frustration Almee and your need to vent, I truly can. The Heroes festival is ending 2 weeks earlier than the Dragon's Attack Event. So I would focus my attention on obtaining the Puppets at this point in time so that event does not end before you complete it on all of your characters. Yes, it will mean either waiting around at an assigned location for a puppet to spawn or harvesting or hunting in the general vicinity of a needed puppet waiting for it to spawn. Or watch the tele or read a book while waiting for the puppet to spawn. Hopefully by the time you get the puppets and collections, there are 5 new collections this year and each requires a shiny you only obtain by killing a different puppet, there 4 other members of each of the collections that are ground spawn in the vicinity of where the puppet spawns, by the time you get all of this, maybe the hype on Dragon's Attack will have lessened enough so that the zones do not kick people or crash.

I was able to complete both of these events and all the collections on AB on day 1 and we are supposedly a dead server if you listen to people on these forums but we were close to our zones booting people and crashing as well. And for a teaser, for turning in the collections, you get 2 very nice house items and 3 more mounts.

Good Luck Almee and everybody else on MajDul. I do not have any characters left there that are higher than level 20 in adventure and they are all on an account that I cannot sub right now or I would try to help when they hype is a lot less.
    Almee, Soara2 and Juraiya like this.
  17. Siren Well-Known Member

Is your computer really old? Why are you crashing so much?

Make sure your video and sound drivers are updated. I never crash out of EQ2 on either of my accounts, but my PC is 3 years old, on Windows 10, and a good gaming PC (nVidia 1080 card, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD etc.) and I update my drivers every few months.
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  18. Xianthia Well-Known Member

You still have a bit of time to do the dragons. Do the dragons on only a single character at a time. It may help with what you are experiencing. Reboot your machine, log in a single character and go get your dragons.

There's been a bit more people crashing to desktop in the past day or so. Trying to go with multiple characters is probably not helping the situation.

/r_particle_priority 0 this will remove bells and whistles, it may also help you.
    /r_particle_priority 1 to turn the bells and whistles back on.
    Almee, Soara2, Juraiya and 2 others like this.
  19. Carynn Well-Known Member

Does this effect the ground particles or only spell particle effects?
    Almee, Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  20. Xianthia Well-Known Member

not sure on ground particles (do you mean like ? shinies, those can still be seen).
    Spell particles/feathers/books all disappear when you use the command. It's especially helpful with the Dragon Attack event atm. Just less craziness on the screen. Less pretty, of course, but it's okay while a heavy-participation event is going on.
    Almee, Soara2, Carynn and 1 other person like this.