I Am So Fed Up

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Almee, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Almee Well-Known Member

The latest glitch seems to be Baelon. I have spent hours, in EJ, waiting for him to spawn. The NPC, that gives the Mischeva quest appears, as do the shinies, but the wagons don't appear and neither does Baelon. I've tried morning and evening with no luck since Sunday.
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

(1) Do you have general chat turned on? People are pretty reliably announcing which creature is up where.

(2) The spawn location in Eidolon Jungle is in the Fearcreep, wayy across the zone from the Spire, and up the steep cliffs. Try /way -1631, 221, 743

(3) On Maj'Dul at least, there have been enough participants that we've had multiple instances of the zone. If you are not in the correct instance, you can click the spire to try to change instances (though if there are just way too many people, you still can't get in).
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

ma'am:

has there been any consideration that it may be the platform(shelf?) in which EQII is being placed that is the problem?
    Is like complaining about the Ancient Chinese in making their Ming Vase of the finest porcelain are at fault for it breaking when it hit the floor,...
    due to the shoddy, leaning, & broken shelf it was placed on,...

*try disabling superfluous services needlessly running on your system.
    *try disabling any F.U.D.ware running.
    *try lowering your graphics setting a notch or three.
    *try using /combat_filter 1 in a macro upon arrival in a graphics-intensive area.
    (has server NOT send you all others but your combat/actions; thus less for your system to have to process)
    *try going into in-game Options (alt O) under Advanced, User Interface, Combat Bubbles, and UNcheck Show Third Party Damage.

I state these things,that during this event,
    I have three systems(win7pro64/win7ult64), 6 accounts,
    all running anywhere from eight(8) to ten(10) hours in a session,
    many of which do multiple zonings,
    and have had zero(0) crashes.
    Soara2, Juraiya, Xianthia and 3 others like this.
  4. JackBurton New Member

well I have to agree somewhat with the OP. only way weird bugs get fixed is if someone pipes in. of course using /bug also helps or opening tickets too.

but I do have to say I've been dropped randomly a couple times during this event. just seems odd. one time I Was in the zone WAY earlier than most folks, harvesting while waiting and then was dropped. I never see this happen and have an amazing internet connection so was surprised when I experienced 1 weird random drop and 2 server crashes in 1 night. I of course /bug reported it too.
    Almee and Soara2 like this.
  5. Raff Well-Known Member

But, but...it is never my system / router / ISP...it is always the game's fault...always.
    Soara2, Juraiya, Cyrrena and 5 others like this.
  6. Erudinel Conceptualized a turd in a toilet sometime in 2005

With or without a group, I have been able to go into instance # 2, then use the portal in instance # 2 to zone into instance # 1. So head to wherever your going, if you get punted into another instance, then just click on the portal again and select the same place.
  7. Erudinel Conceptualized a turd in a toilet sometime in 2005

The crashing has been a long standing issue. I notice when my client memory gets to around 3.5GB I get DX errors and CTD. Happens more frequently in a heavily decorated guild hall or house.

Presumably from the memory limitations of a 32bit client, and only complicated further by some memory leaks where old memory is not getting freed up like it should.

What you can do is lower your graphics settings to reduce the amount of memory the game uses effectively mitigating your chances of a crash due to this.

#64biteq2client2020
    Almee, Soara2, Juraiya and 2 others like this.
  8. Dockter Well-Known Member

@Erudinel is 100% absolutely right. I've been saying the above for years. DB needs to get off of their collective butts and hire a game engine developer to fix the long standing issues with this client, the lack of a 64 bit client is a huge one. WoW had a 64-bit client in 2008, thats darn near 12 years ago. DB/SoE not having this done is just pure laziness at this point. Nothing else could possibly explain the lack of priority. Everyone knows DB knows how to do content and damn good too. But they are at the bottom of the barrel for engine performance. It has seen no improvement no work performed on it since long before DB was DB.
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  9. Dockter Well-Known Member

I would also like to add that these PQ's have been a disaster for myself and my wife. We are constantly crashing to desktop because of the "<verify> g:\live\eq2\framework\core\devices\DirectX9RenderDevice.cpp" issue. This is the over 3.5gb ram issue stated above.
  10. Almee Well-Known Member

For those who want to blame some of my problems on my computer or modem this was in today's Update Notes: "Speculative Fix for the Heroes Festival event in Eidolon Jungle crashing."

That, of course, isn't the only thing causing crashing during the Heroes and Anniversary events but hopefully the fix will solve one problem. Having owned a computer store, while many players were still in diapers, I am pretty good at determining the cause of computer problems. I'm not perfect, but I usually know when a program is crashing vs. a modem, computer, or connection problem.

I am also pretty good at recognizing poor programming, when I see it, having been part of the development and testing of a number of published programs that were very successful. That said, there are many things I missed, during the months I was gone from the game, that I'm not up to speed on, but those don't have to do with program instability or DB's tendency to come up with great ideas for events but then poorly carry the ideas out.

Set, and alternate, rotations of the Heroes and Anniversary events would have made both events easier for everyone. Heroes events suffer from lack of participation because the Anniversary events give out much better rewards for many players.

For all of DB's love of linear programming, I can't fathom why the Heroes and Anniversary events are so non-linear. A player never knows where to be, or when, to participate because DB depends on players to inform others of event announcements. I often didn't know an event was happening until right before the mob was killed. It was extremely frustrating if I needed that mob to complete an event.

So I give kudos to DB for a great Anniversary event, in theory, but not in practice. It was nice having the events right by portals available to everyone, regardless of level. And the rewards were great. But there was no set rotation of the dragons spawning and there were lots of problems with trying to get into an active zone to be able to participate.

The Heroes events have long-standing problems but were hit extra hard due to competition from the Anniversary event this year. The Heroes events take place too far from portals (except for SS) which makes it hard for lower-level characters to get to some of the events unless someone plants a guild flag.

The other problem is that the length of time allowed, to kill the mob, is too little and fights don't consider the overall strength of the groups fighting them. There is also the problem of having one puppet compete against another making it hard to gather strong enough groups to kill the puppets in the time allowed.

All of these problems are fixable and hopefully won't be repeated in future events. And while there are workarounds, if you have the time and patience, it is hardly fair to those players who have limited time to play which I would hope would be the large majority of the player base. I don't have family or job responsibilities and I have limited time to play. I would hope most players are gainfully employed, or in school, and have families who want and need their attention.
  11. Lunablanco Active Member

I had the same crashing issue, it would close the game with up to five window error box's. I found if I made my game run on very high performance setting, it was stopping it almost 100% of the time. I have had maybe one crash from that point on, but so far my main and 13 alts have done this event. The thing is I know how very frustrating this can be, trust me I had even tried to say so here on events before. The thing is just because someone is having a hard time, and upset its not a reason to be snarky or so dang rude to them. You may not think so, but some of the reason the player base is low / lowering is the attitudes of the players. If new or returning players are having a hard time, or need a little help its not asking much to try and lend a hand. It is far simpler to be mean to others, and in fact a lot harder to be kind. I just want the OP to know its okay to be upset, and not to give up!
    Almee, Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  12. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've set my game to extreme performance (after saving my usual settings), and I think I've had one crash, which occurred after the game had been running for about twelve hours, with probably hundreds of zonings due to chasing dragons/puppets and switching characters. Really, the game doesn't look as pretty, but when you're in one of the dragon fights, it really helps with the lag!
    Almee, Soara2, Cyrrena and 1 other person like this.
  13. Fensy New Member

Considering how out of date the game is, it is usually the games fault. I lagged on this game with a 9900k and a 2080ti, which most of the time set idle along with all my other cores on my cpu. So nah, I wouldn't blame people for this game being so out of date it should mingle
    Almee likes this.
  14. Raff Well-Known Member

You have already stated previously that you don't play the game and you haven't for years.

So work on credibility....cause you ain't got it now.
    Juraiya, Pixistik, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  15. parissa Well-Known Member

I run 2 different comps one with a 2070ti and one with 1080ti no lag no crashes... I also have a very good internet connection... So I wouldn't point the finger at the game quite yet... My gaming laptop is a couple years old and can run fine on regular settings without crashing either or lagging out... I get the OP's frustation with this game... I am not sure if I had as many problems as they did and as many different threads with that many different issues I would still continue to play a game that made me that miserable... Normally I am all for debates but if you don't play the game now and you have moved on... Maybe your efforts would best be put towards a game that you do play? Or maybe you just like to stir the pot or keep the negativity going? Yes the game is out of date... But it does run on new and old systems fine if you keep them tuned... You can throw out fancy vid cards and cpu numbers all you want, but in the end if your computer is lagged out with a bunch of crap on it... Won't make a difference... For all you know or anyone else, the OP could have a million things running in the background... Or have mulitple things pulling on their internet... Cell phones computers tv's laptops all that good stuff that can in turn also lag you out...Food for thought....
    Juraiya, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  16. Fensy New Member

First of all there is no 2070 ti, it hasn't been released...
    I bet you don't run this game with no lag unless you have it set at the lowest setting, That gear you should be maxed out, and as far as connection goes, unless you live by a server no, you're not doing what you're saying. You can literally monitor how many kbps this game is using, not mbps. You could almost run it on dial up. As far as a ping issue would go, it wouldn't matter. Most of the content in this game is rendered already. This is why you don't need alot of bandwidth to play it. I come on 2019, Att even gives people 200mbps for 30 bucks a month.

And whomever up there, talking to people in game chat and playing the game are two different things, I don't have to play the game to still talk to friends in it.
    trollanfrog likes this.
  17. Fensy New Member

So if I log in an run in circles while in tells, I am progressively playing the game? Yea....No
  18. parissa Well-Known Member

Cyrrena, Raff and Breanna like this.
  19. trollanfrog Member

\
    You are mistaken, there is no such thing as 2070 ti's, only 2070's and 2070 supers. You just made a case against someone by fabricating hardware that does not exist, then kept arguing.
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Funny, NewEgg seems to be selling them.
    Cyrrena, parissa and Breanna like this.