4 Outdoor Zones

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Drona, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Drona Well-Known Member

So the new expansion is going to have 4 outdoor zones, sounds good!

However, how big are they? Each the size of PoP zone? Or when combined they match PoP etc?
  2. Skixxxx Member

i tend to get lost in the eryslai one, but maybe thats just me - you know ;)
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

One is the map use for the Disease public quest.
    The others have about the same amount of 'ground' as that zone, though the wind zone is physically larger because it is a series of islands, to the 'land' is much more spread out.
    For better or worse, there are only about 3 'story' quests per zone.
    There's a moderate number of 'random slaughter' quests
    Dr Arcana gives a daily 'kill random mobs' quest.. that isn't the same, even on a give day, between different people and there are ~8 'kill mobs in hopes of get a quest starter to kill other mobs' quests per zone as well.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

They're not as massive as PoM, nor as small as Coliseum of Valor. They're beautiful in terms of the art, and fairly extensive.
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Does anybody else have a mini-map on beta at this point? So far, I am about 50% done with the Adventure Sig line and about 80% done with the TS Sig line and still no mini-map. I am very left-handed and get lost easily without a map until I have gone into someplace many many times and I do not have that much time to stay lost before the beta ends.
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I have maps and mini-maps both.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Thanks Sigrdrifa. I didn't get to log into beta yesterday (still have the flu 15 days and counting) and I did not have any maps the day before. Have you had maps longer than since downtime Thursday? I use DarqUI unified, maybe there are no maps for EQ2 Maps? Maybe they are default UI only? I will hope I have maps today when I log in.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You poor thing! Hope you shake it soon! I think we just got maps Friday. I used the in-game map to mock up a keyed map in Niami's landmarks post. I have not yet been in the other zones, but I will later today since I'm starting another character through the questlines.
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Thank you so much. I was able to spend about 3 hours in beta yesterday and even though there is nothing noted on the maps yet, it was a true blessing just to have the footprints of the areas.
  10. Melkior Well-Known Member

What does being left handed have to do with that? You are giving us lefties with no directional issues a bad name! :confused:
    Cyrrena likes this.
  11. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I'm right-handed and I get lost between the house and the letterbox....

EQ2Maps has been a godsend for me.
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Sigrdrifa like this.
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

*laughs* You must be one that slipped out of line when they doled out left-handedness. Most of us have directional issues, but we are all in our right minds. We are quite good at problem solving and making things not designed for us work anyway.

Are you so left handed that your right hand is basically just an appendage that is just to make you symmetrical? So left handed that you write with your hand upside down and over the top of the line you are writing on? So left handed that everything you see in a mirror is opposite of what every right handed person sees (try that, for females that pluck their eyebrows they could put an eye out, I don't do this so I am safe). *giggles*

It can be crippling. When you are learning to write in school or at least in ancient times when I was, the teachers would tell you to make a "d" for instance by drawing a straight vertical line and then drawing a loop that goes away from your hand. When a left handed child does that, they make a "b".

When my youngest was little, her useless father would tell her she looked stupid using her left hand (not in front of me or he would be her deceased father, but during his supervised visitation), that child so wanted him to like her that she forced herself to start using her right hand, her brain revolted and she became dyslexic, she started writing upside down and backwards, she started reading everything upside down and backwards, she got severe balance issues, and much more. It took a very long time to retrain her brain so that she was able to manage the dyslexia, the best solution was to help her become ambidextrous.

You never realize how right-handed the world is, until you have to be left handed, a rightie breaking their wrist or some such. A pair of scissors is made for right handed people as a standard, try using those scissors with your left hand, and you about die when you go to purchase an equivalent pair of scissors for a leftie and find that your $10 US scissors are $50 US. Things as simple as one of those old manual, crank type hand can-openers, those are made for righties too, try using that can-opener with your left hand.

I guess I tend to notice these things more than most as in my family, we have just as many lefties, as we do righties. The dinner table was a fun experience. I would never, even knowing the things I know, want to ever change that I was born left-handed and allowed to remain that way. Many, in generations before me, were forced to become right-handed because that is the way things were, most of it was superstition based and people felt that the lefties were the spawn of the devil. There are other reasons of course, especially in non-Western cultures but all of that is a discussion for another time.

As to topic and in response to Rhodris, it has been a Godsend to me as well, whether there are any icons on it or not.
    Praaji, Blazen and Rhodris like this.
  13. Wart One Member

Outdoor vids anyone?

Detroxxulous
    youtube.com/watch?v=zUUMJ0UBRik

Doomfire
    youtube.com/watch?v=vE5s1y7xYX0

Eryslai
    youtube.com/watch?v=-fqwYlpQemg
    youtube.com/watch?v=FL6QZIaqr-0

Vegarlson
    youtube.com/watch?v=TVim8GJr2N0
  14. Breanna Well-Known Member

Not lefthanded, but get lost non-the-less. There are some zones like lesser faydark that I try to stay out of totally. I like the getting lost from the house to the mailbox LOL that's me, that's why my other half always goes and gets the mail.
    Cyrrena likes this.