Crafter's Guide to Myrist

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by Niami DenMother, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Welcome to the great library of Myrist! It is quite large, so a small introduction might be in order, especially since the zone map won't be available immediately at the start of beta.

First off, mounts are not allowed in the zone, so you will likely want to have some sabertooth totems if you don't have your solstice speed buff.

Secondly, while it may look overwhelming at first glance, getting around is much easier when you realize that it is only 2 floors, and your major landmarks are all on primary compass points (NSEW). The listings below include compass point and floor number, so "E1" means East side, floor 1.

Locations of Interest to Crafters

E1 - entrance (including gear box, beta buffers), L - Comissary (Cookie, stove), R - Conservatory
    S1 (side hallway) - sickroom (Dylindra)
    S1 - prophecy portal (Disease, Valor, PoM)
    S2 - crafter's/smith's portals: Smith's (workbench, woodworking table, Ghida, Ramyn, fuel/etc merchant), Crafter's (chem, loom, Mourndax)
    W1/2 - elevator
    N1 - Elemental portal gallery - Vegarlson (Earth), Doomfire (Fire, of course), Eryslai (Wind)
    N2 - Services (engraved desk, banker, broker, status merchant) & Merchants Gallery (forge, mender, reforging, ammo merchant)
    Yrag - first floor (roams)
    Recipes for Adventure - second floor mezzanine area
    The Scrivener - eastern side of the mezzanine (second floor)

One other thing to note when the crafting quests go live, recipes do not autoscribe, but all are labeled "Recipe Scroll: ___" to make it easier to find them in your bags.
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Also, since it is asked a lot, the Grand Librarian's office is on the 2nd floor, south, off the room with the Crafter's and Smith's portals
    Breanna, Elinea and Chikkin like this.
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

For all the folks who got mail from Ghida, she's not ready to come out of hiding yet. Tomorrow she will be at the spot listed above. :)
    Elinea likes this.
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I left Temry off this list and can't edit my post ... Temry is in the Conservatory to start with ... East wing, first floor, the room due north of the entry area.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Do we know, yet, if there are going to be tradeskill dailies and weeklies and/or harvesting quests and the like this expac?
    Onoes likes this.
  6. Sigrdrifa Well-Known Member

Kaitheel and Niami DenMother like this.
  7. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Here's an updated list, since a couple tables were added to the Smith's and Crafter's platforms and services/merchants platforms had some slight rearranging,

Locations of Interest to Crafters

E1 - entrance (including gear box, beta buffers), L - Comissary (Cookie, stove), R - Conservatory
    S1 (side hallway) - sickroom (Dylindra)
    S1 - prophecy portal (Disease, Valor, PoM)
    S2 - crafter's/smith's portals: Smith's (workbench, woodworking table, forge, Ghida, Ramyn, fuel/etc merchant), Crafter's (chem table, loom, engraved desk, Mourndax), Grand Librarian's Office
    W1/2 - elevator
    N1 - Elemental portal gallery - Vegarlson (Earth), Doomfire (Fire, of course), Eryslai (Wind)
    N2 - Services (banker, broker, mender/reforging) & Merchants Gallery (merchants: armor, ammo, status, heroic, armor, unlocked armor)
    Yrag - first floor (roams)
    Recipes for Adventure - second floor mezzanine area, south end
    The Scrivener - eastern side of the mezzanine (second floor)
    Kaitheel likes this.
  8. Sigrdrifa Well-Known Member

9. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Sigrdrifa likes this.
  10. Sigrdrifa Well-Known Member

Feel free to use it if you wish. The way I visualize things needs me to draw a picture of it, hence maps :)
    Niami DenMother likes this.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Love this map.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

13. Pheidra Member

That's correct. The beta note's state that none of the rewards are given retroactively. You need to run the quest again if you'd like to see them!
  14. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

15. Wimble Active Member

OMG how do i turn your site into English?! :D
  16. Sigrdrifa Well-Known Member

17. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot I added it to my walkthrough :D

You don't Wimble, sorry, it was the fansite for Storms Server back in the days and I maintain the TS questing infos in French for those who stayed on Thurgadin. You have EQ2 traders for english anyway!
    The walkthrough for the signature is in french, but you have an .xls file to download with all the stats of everything crafted (but the mount stuff) that can be downloaded here: http://eq2artisans.faerylands.eu/uploads/images/CA-craft.xls
  18. Sigrdrifa Well-Known Member