Stormhold to Antonia Bayle Server Merge

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Mepps, Aug 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mindsway Well-Known Member

I wish they had just merged both of these servers into Maj'Dul tbh.
  2. Lysia Active Member

Maj'dul has more than enough people on it --- so does Halls of Fate ( and Skyfire is probably the same ) ....
    I thought this transfering from SH to AB was supposed to have happened long ago ---
    I took my transfer token from last time ( long ago ) and went to HoF -- best thing I ever did for my little girl ....
  3. Aussie_one Member

ah noo they cant touch ,,the "UN TOUCHABLE " AB server ,its never ever been merged into another live server ,and now on iy\ts own its dead but ah not we cant touch AB sever ,i AGREE why NOT bring AB into Majdul all of what less tahn 100 regular players ,cant be too much more left playing there
    Mindsway likes this.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

While AB certainly does not enjoy the population we had a year or two years ago, we are far from dead and there are far more than 100 regular players playing.

I do not want AB merged, but I do believe that whatever is best for the server is what DBG should do, if they believe AB needs merged into HoF or MJD then so be it. Or as I stated previously merge IoR onto AB with or without the server perks, if that is what is best for the IoR server. None of us know accurately the population of any server, those numbers are never released.

But, this thread is not about servers that may or may not need a merge. This thread is about SH being merged into AB which was announced a year ago.
    SierraDawn and Breanna like this.
  5. Cragfire Well-Known Member

I say merge all the servers into a single super server.. call it 'phoenix rising'.. do it, DO IT! :D
  6. Lysia Active Member

NOOOOO !!!!
    Siren likes this.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I know of some people who will keep on playing on AB mostly decorating
    But the vast majority will not play anymore on a regular server so if you guys on AB are hoping for more people
    I am sorry to tell you you won't get many active players at least not to go into dungeons or run quests.
    I have myself some toons on AB I made there but besides for some festivals ( sometimes ) I don't play there anymore
    So merging Stormhold into AB is like merging a ghost ship into a cruise company
    All you get is some skeletons and some old sailors who could not make it of the sinking ship.:(

When " Deathtoll " was done for and " the race to Trakanon " was finished it was also plahned to merge those failed servers into AB it was announced and never relicensed.
  9. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Shame they aren't merging SH into fallen gate when we hit SF, would probably bring a few back and make people happy their toons are playable again.

But alas.
  10. isest Active Member

so the question is are other servers going to be merged up now, just wondering
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Darn , DARN , DAAAAARRRRNNN I tried to use my transfer token 10 minutes before the servers come down
    and it said I can't use it I don't want to go to AB I don't I don't I don't :mad: .
    Nowhere in the top post does it mention that you can't transfer to another Server 10 minutes before maintenance :(:eek:.

So how much is a transfer token again ?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  12. Yenneferr New Member

The one thing that worries me, is that when I try to log into my character on AB it says it cannot be found.. is that solely because they're in the middle of merging or have the servers been moved altogether?
    Returning player here, last time I seen a server merge was Dhrathar to Venekor then Venekor to Nagafen
  13. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

According to the note at the top of the forums, the merge is not complete yet (even though AB & Stormhold are green on the server status list). AB will be back when the merge is complete.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I went on my account and all my toons in AB were missing , I think they are still sorting out the whole transfer deal.
    and when you look at the top of the forum page it even sais that AB is still down.
  15. Siren Well-Known Member

Wow, for someone so upset about this, you've had weeks to do something about it. Why did you wait until the last 10 minutes then? Lol.
  16. Alenna Well-Known Member

I hope they don't because I want the ability we have on IoR to sell stuff on broker we won't be able to on AB Unless they add the rule set from IoR
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Keep your free one; you may be able to use it to transfer off of AB. :)

They cost up to $24.99 or so, US dollars (I think; it's been awhile since I priced them), but should be on sale right now. ;->

Uwk
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

They won't. IoR is special because of that, and it's an experiment. If it works, they may extend it to other servers, but I doubt it. :-/

Good news is, I doubt it's going away any time soon before One Great Big Consolidation (which shouldn't be necessary, despite what the "this servers dead coz i cant get any one to group with me" bunch thinks). ;->

Uwk
  19. Benj Well-Known Member

My ideal server merge would be Everything into IoR, with the free trade ruleset. I realize there is a hardware limitation on the number of players per server (hence having multiple servers in the first place). I would be interested in hearing the logic behind NO-TRADE and HEIRLOOM creeping into the game in the first place. Vanilla EQ2 had very few, if any, NO-TRADE items. Even attuning could be removed by visiting a mender.
  20. Roxxlyy Community Relations

For those concerned, the merging process is still underway; your characters are not lost, the process is simply incomplete, and servers should still be down. Once we announce that things are back up and running, let us know if you see any issues then!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.