More time

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Joami, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Joami New Member

I love these time lock servers and i really wish the xpacs were 6 months long instead of 3. I was hoping maybe we could change that with RoK coming and the epic quest because no one wants to do that quest for a weapon that gets out leveled with the next expansion. I would love to enjoy the content longer anyway. I love this nostalgiacrap LOL
  2. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Nah, three months is pretty perfect.

Most mythicals only take a day or two to do honestly, and unless the remaining heroic content has semi-decent gear, I can't imagine myself doing much other than raiding after the first few weeks.
  3. Vunder Well-Known Member

^^ Clearly it's made to please the raider. Which is normal. You will just have to go at your own pace.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  4. Atan Well-Known Member

Any longer and people will bore and leave before expansions release.

No pace is perfect for everyone, but 12 weeks is more than enough time to get all the relevant content done. It means you don't get that BiS build in time, but thats hardly needed cause it also means your not grinding the same content ad nauseum.
  5. Fistpower Well-Known Member

6 months of doing the same content week in week out? This server would be a desert by now if they did that with the current difficulty.

Guilds are already suffering member loses half way in to expansion at 3 months.
  6. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Everyone has their own "ideal TLE server" specifications - it's impossible to create a server that would satisfy EVERY player, because everyone has their own likes, dislikes, and opinions. (Which is completely valid!)

Though we won't be changing unlock times for the servers that are currently available, it's still interesting to know that some people might prefer longer periods between unlocks! Feedback and sharing thoughts is always appreciated.
    Vunder and Dude like this.
  7. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I'm confused by this statement.

The first week of EoF I had cleared every instance, had my deity, had soulfire, and was already out of content.

People had capped AA's, tinkering, adorning within the first week as well.

If you are interested in the questing aspect of RoK it only takes a few days to complete all of the timelines if that is your prerogative, if anything; I feel bad for those who don't raid and have even less content to do.

I find three months to be a happy medium for most players, every xpac the first month is typically very active, the following two weeks die down, then once the mid content comes into play it spikes up for the next two-three weeks then dies down until the next expansion.

If it was six months we would of had a lot of down time in DoF/t5 where people would of taken two month long breaks waiting for more content.
  8. Vunder Well-Known Member

OH I didn't mean anything buy it. Progression servers (No matter what game you play) are designed around the raider. Casuals can play at their own pace, but raiders will get extremely bored fast and find something else to do.
  9. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

They are hardly designed around the raider, you see a myraid of forum posts complaining about the raid content and how easy it is.

It's very much designed around casual players with less skill.
  10. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

12 weeks is about right to me. I wouldn't want it to be shorter, but I couldn't handle 6 months of DoF for example. I could probably be happy with TSO for 6 months, but 12 weeks works.
  11. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

Well, it's difficult trying to cater to all players. Some people play a few hours a week and some people apparently never even log off. So for one person who plays constantly to say that all the timelines and other content can be done in two days, it may take the casual person 2 weeks.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  12. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

"It's very much designed around casual players with less skill."

Is that why you enjoy playing so much and commenting in discord/forums every day?
  13. Simparri Active Member

I spend a lot of time just wandering around & exploring, finding the little stuff that gets overlooked or bypassed. I've even picked up a couple disco's in zones people have been playing for years on live server.
    ConcealFate likes this.
  14. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I am a casual, yes.
    Simparri likes this.
  15. Joami New Member

im glad you can do it in that time but not everyone that plays has your kind of time. I know i dont
  16. Joami New Member

Thank you for the reply and i appreciate it. I see your point for sure I guess my problem is i try to do to much at once LOL. I wish i would have made the jump at the beginning. This surely is a great idea though. I miss nostalgia stuff
    Roxxlyy likes this.
  17. tbroark New Member

I think treating every expansion equally isn't the best mindset for the community experience, at least in regard to RoK. This upcoming expansion is viewed by many to be the peak of EQ2's experience, and provides tons of content that can be difficult for "normal" people to complete, i.e. people who have regular work schedules and only can play an hour or two a day, maybe more on weekends.

Power players will always chew through the content quickly, while some people in this thread mention doing everything including Soulfire in the first week, I see plenty of people just now completing that content.

I really hope DBG will reconsider not making any changes for RoK.

My suggestions would be:
    1. tweak difficulty of content to make it slightly harder than EoF content
    2. add 2-4 weeks on top of the normal 12 for RoK

I think that's an appropriate middle ground that would go far in appeasing many of the players on TLE.
  18. Ghorast Active Member

Where is this massive amount of content exactly? There is only like 3 instances, no signature or heritage quests only epic quest and legth of them varies greatly between classes and amount of raid content isin't any higher than in kos or eof. TSO actually has massive amount of content at least compared to other expacks but even there 4 months would be too much.
  19. Fistpower Well-Known Member

If clearing 3 overland zones with like 30 quests in each and a mythical weapon quest takes you 12 weeks to complete. I'm not sure playing a MMO is your thing honestly.
    Atan likes this.
  20. Fistpower Well-Known Member

But you gotta understand, it takes so long to do 130'ish quests in 3 overland zones and a mythical weapon quest must take at least 3 months to complete! Oh gosh!