Grond Mounts!

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by LunarFlower, Oct 21, 2017.

1. LunarFlower Member

Hello Devs,

Can we please make more of the original ground mounts available for use as an appearance mount for our flying mounts? Now that flying mounts provide such vital stats to us we no longer use the ground mounts which I find terribly sad because you guys have made some beautiful ground mounts. [IMG]
    [IMG]
    These are just a FEW of the ground mounts that I love!

[IMG][IMG]I have ideas on how you could implement this;

• Mounts that look capable of flying(via magic) such as the Order of Rime Icemare, the Lavastorm Horse, MAGIC Carpets,CLOUDS, Mistrunners etc will be able to fly.
    • Mounts that you wish to be made to be able to fly will require something extra... such as an item that will 'enhance' them to allow them to fly and thus be used as a flying mount appearance.
    Personally, I would prefer them to just run in the air like they do in Lavastorm and the Loping Plains. I don't like the way the new Hellhound mount from NoTD flies it just doesn't look right at all to me.

DEVS, I have heard that some of you have said things about this topic before and I would like to address them;

'We can't make flying animations for the ground mounts.'
    I am sorry but quite frankly I do not believe that. To me it really sounds like; 'We can't be bothered to make flying animations for the ground mounts' because you don't even need to make new animations! You could use the original animations of these mounts and it would look FINE. It would make sense! If there is more to it than that can't you elaborate?
    We don't want to lose Money/DBC since people won't buy the Flying Mounts we have on the Marketplace
    I am very sure that your team can find a work around for this if you are really worried about losing money because you think people won't buy the mounts. Get creative! Personally, I believe that if the mount is beautiful and captivating people WILL buy it!!! You could also make the ground mounts that you have for sale available for use as a flying mount appearance! YOU GUYS HAVE GROUND MOUNTS I WOULD BUY IF I COULD USE IT AS A FLYING MOUNT APPEARANCE!!
    COMMUNITY! This is where you guys come in!
    Surely if we get enough people to reply to this thread a developer will see it and hopefully something can be done! Please guys! I can't be the only one that wants to use these beautiful ground mounts that past devs have worked hard on designing and implementing into the game!
  2. Wizzam Well-Known Member

I really couldn't agree more! Y'all have made some incredible mounts and it's a shame we can't enjoy all the work that's been put into them. And, think of the money you'd make just selling all the older mounts because people will want to use them again!
    I have loads of mounts now that I can't use for anything except furniture. I would love to equip them and show them off!
    Please, Please, Please consider this idea!!!
  3. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Yeah, I would agree, add to this a similar request of MAINTAINING our illusion form while on mounts & flying.
    (I think it would look,.. interesting, to see a Burynai sitting on a horse's back, or in its combat stance while on a flying disk) :D
    LunarFlower likes this.
  4. Arclite Well-Known Member

I agree. It is a shame that we have some really great looking mounts and to say they cannot code the ground mounts for a flying mount is a bit puzzling considering, the horse transport in Lavastorm use similar horse models and they do fly. Not sure why we cannot have that option.
  5. Hdizzleh Member

Totally agree!! Being a proclaimed mount hoarder, my main "Malakyae" on Maj'dul has 60+ mounts on her account alone. I would love to buy more ground mounts if i could use them for appearance on my flying raid mount. I refuse to swap my raid flyer for the stats alone, but would certainly love to swap my appearance mount more often. I really love the new NotD merchant mount since it can fly even though you would presume its a ground mount only (hence, no wings). Would really love this feature on the unicorns, the ground mounts posted, and more. Ive been drooling over the gray boar but havent purchased it because it's not a flier (can't use for appearance). Yes, there is a comparable flier mount but that one is not nearly as colorful. Please please devs!!!
    Prissetta likes this.
  6. Dude Well-Known Member

I would agree to this once EVERYTHING else is fixed and working properly. By no means should this be a priority issue.
    Daryl likes this.
  7. Daryl Member

Completely agree. There are WAAAAAAY too many issues core to the games function/playability that need to be updated/fixed before this should be looked at.
    Dude likes this.
  8. Wizzam Well-Known Member

I absolutely love this game and have such a strong respect for the developers and what they put up with on a daily basis. Their jobs can't be easy at all. I understand the need to prioritize, making things that require fixing to make the top of the list. But if this is something that's less stressful, or someone with another set of skills could take a look at it, I think it would be widely beneficial. Not only to the player base, but also to their daybreak cash base.
    Sometimes when I'm working on a large project, I need to step back and pick up something else to work on while that's stewing in my head :)
    LunarFlower likes this.
  9. Ethini Well-Known Member

I have such a collection of ground mounts that I would LOVE to use as an appearance for a flyer. As stated above, Lavastorm and Loping plains horses fly without any different animation than running along the ground, and what about the Reindeer, same thing.
    LunarFlower likes this.
  10. Gnaff Active Member

I agree completely, especially with the Magic based mounts.
    LunarFlower likes this.
  11. Almee Well-Known Member

I haven't seen any problems with animation that need to be addressed and it is obvious, to me at least, that the animators have enough time to put in new, irritating animations to slow down our play such as kickbacks, being thrown in the air, etc. On Sunday I had to gather ore, in ToT and got tossed around so much I seriously considered just exiting the game and doing something else. The quest has always been a pain but the kickbacks, that evening, were ridiculous. I had the same experience fighting Iskar, in KA, and haven't wanted to hunt them since.

So I don't see where animating ground mounts would interfere with correcting core game issues. Besides, I don't think DBG has any interest in fixing the issues that bug all of us such as the crashing to desktop, login problems, wayward pets, incorrect counting, etc.
    LunarFlower likes this.
  12. Wizx13 Member

The NoTD hound mount can be used as appearance on flyer mount :)
    Argosunited likes this.
  13. Wimble Active Member

I love the original post, it is well thought out and argued. I agree, there are many, many great looking ground mounts that I personally prefer over flight alternatives. Pink unicorns for instance. :D . Please devs allow this to happen!
  14. Rozyn Well-Known Member

When I saw the PoP CE mount with the awesome magical wings I thought it'd be really cool to apply that to other mount appearances. The mount looks like a normal ground mount until it takes flight, then pop out nifty magic wings. Imagine those on the Rime horse.

[IMG]
    Snikkety and Prissetta like this.
  15. Sudedor Well-Known Member

Even if we accept the premise that "we can't make flying animations for all those", there are still quite a number of "ground" mounts that should be enabled as "flying appearance capable". Clouds? Magic carpets? Floating discs? Seriously? How hard is this?
    Mindsway, Wizx13 and Prissetta like this.
  16. Mindsway Well-Known Member

I was going to request something similar, great minds think alike! ;)

My idea was to basically have two mount appearance slots, flying and ground. Whenever on the ground, the ground mount will be visible. When taking off, the flying appearance takes over. This can also be a boon for Daybreak because they can then sell ground mounts.

I'd also like to see gliders be visible as flying mounts, think of the sales on squirrel mounts! hehe
    Wizx13 and Prissetta like this.
  17. Zylara Well-Known Member

I know this is an old post but it bears bringing it back to life lol PLZ PLZ look into this, it would be great for us and a real winner for you guys as atm no point even buying the ground mounts as unless you wanna switch out all the time (as I highly doubt anone does)
  18. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I want a Pink Pegasus upgrade to my Pink Unicorn. It's my favorite mount, but it doesn't fly, so....
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Bendigeidfran Member

I'd hope it would be a relatively simple check that if a ground mount is in the appearance slot with a flying mount equipped, disable flight. So many zones disable flight anyway, why not allow the use of a ground mount for appearance?

I've purchased many ground mounts that I can no longer use due to the loss of stat bonuses, so the argument about loss of DBC transactions is a little unfair. What about the DBC I've spent and can no longer benefit from? Also, from an art appreciation point of view, there are some fantastic mounts no longer seen in-game. Seem to recall a zombie dire boar, and of course my personal favourite quest reward - the Soot Foot Lava Cow!
  20. Tabri Well-Known Member

I love the Rime mount I wish they would add this it would be awesome :)
    Breanna likes this.